The Complete Kubrick

Discuss releases by Criterion and the films on them. Threads may contain spoilers!
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Lowry_Sam
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: The Complete Kubrick

#301 Post by Lowry_Sam »

So the newer standalone releases will contain material not in the box set?
User avatar
dwk
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: The Complete Kubrick

#302 Post by dwk »

Lowry_Sam wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:02 pm So the newer standalone releases will contain material not in the box set?
I expect the newer material will booklets (new essays, reprinted articles), while the actual discs remain identical.
User avatar
Finch
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: United States

Re: The Complete Kubrick

#303 Post by Finch »

Lolita is going to get one at a minimum, but is every single film going to be reissued as a standalone? Hopefully they'll clarify that sooner than later. I'm not in a rush for the box set but now I'm left wondering whether I should have bothered selling off my MoC Paths of Glory and the earlier CC Barry Lyndon.
FlickeringWindow
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: The Complete Kubrick

#304 Post by FlickeringWindow »

Finch wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:33 pm Lolita is going to get one at a minimum, but is every single film going to be reissued as a standalone? Hopefully they'll clarify that sooner than later. I'm not in a rush for the box set but now I'm left wondering whether I should have bothered selling off my MoC Paths of Glory and the earlier CC Barry Lyndon.
Lolita, as well as 4K upgrades of The Killing/Killer's Kiss and Paths of Glory are certainties (I would expect Lolita and POG to be sometime in 2027). Good chance with 2001 and The Shining. Doubtful they do the rest, even Dr Strangelove, unless the Sony 4K goes out of print (it has the same on disc extras as the Criterion Blu, so it's an upgrade only for packaging and swag). Zero chance with Fear and Desire, obviously.
User avatar
Lowry_Sam
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: The Complete Kubrick

#305 Post by Lowry_Sam »

All the Kubrick titles on the channel now all use the box set style artwork, so perhaps there will also be a change to the artwork once existing titles sell out.
Post Reply