It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 136  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:12 pm 

Any chance of MoC releasing some Raymond Bernard? Gaumont just released a Bernard set in France with English subs but I'd love to see his work on Blu-Ray.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 pm 

I am wondering if they intend to release the same 3 early Fritz Lang films that Kino recently did. I hope if they do intend to release them, they should let us know ASAP so people will hold off on the Kino edition.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 pm 

I asked Nick about them - and the remaining Murnaus - a year or so ago on Twitter and he said that nothing was in the pipeline for the next two years and they were fully booked for that period. A shame as their silent German stuff was the cream of the crop and what I think of as their signature releases.

Needless to say, I won't be buying the Kinos as I don't own a single silent without original language intertitles!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 pm 

Could all those films possibly be due to get HD upgrades from FWMS? Maybe that's why they're holding out?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:49 pm 

I have no idea who if anyone at all owns the rights to Raul Ruiz' older titles in the UK but a release of City of Pirates would be most welcome. Any chance of that happening, Craig?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:29 pm 

Finch wrote:
I have no idea who if anyone at all owns the rights to Raul Ruiz' older titles in the UK but a release of City of Pirates would be most welcome. Any chance of that happening, Craig?

Yes, we desperately need Raul Ruiz' titles in the Masters of Cinema Series.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 am 

cana7cl wrote:
Finch wrote:

Yes, we desperately need Raul Ruiz' titles in the Masters of Cinema Series.

Second that! Three Crowns of the Sailor is my favourite Ruiz, and the Facets DVD is very horrendous. But basically any earlier Ruiz would do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:39 am 

The Facets DVD is a botched port of a really quite pretty BlaqOut release, which also comes with English subtitles.

There's so much of Ruiz that's unavailable in any form, let alone decently transferred, English-subtitled DVD. Maybe Life is a Dream or L'éveillé du Pont de l'Alma are in more dire need of release, assuming rights issues would allow it.

But who am I kidding? I'd buy any Ruiz MoC deem to release.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:28 am 

FerdinandGriffon wrote:
The Facets DVD is a botched port of a really quite pretty BlaqOut release, which also comes with English subtitles.

This is the first I've heard of any difference between the Facets and BlaqOut releases. Though I concur that any Ruiz on MoC would be most welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:58 pm 

Maybe Eureka could hunt down the Cannon library just for this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 am 

They've updated their Facebook page with a teaser for next week's new announcements. Five Blu-rays, one DVD by the looks of it. I hope they're upgrading Humanity and Paper Balloons, which has been OOP for a few months now. Yet it could be that DVD, judging from the label colour.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:55 am 

Is it a photo teaser? Any chance of posting it here? I'm no longer a member of Facebook since they discovered I wasn't actually Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood and booted me off for using an alias.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am 

RossyG wrote:
Is it a photo teaser? Any chance of posting it here? I'm no longer a member of Facebook since they discovered I wasn't actually Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood and booted me off for using an alias.

I would post it here but really don't know how - it is, however, accessible on their Facebook page even without registration (it's their cover photo, as well). The "log in/sign up" box covers much of the top-right corner of the photo, but you'll find the image when you scroll down a bit.

EDIT: Didn't see eerik's message, but there it is.

Last edited by AK on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am 

Here it is:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:12 am 

Thanks AK and eerik.

Let the speculation begin...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 am 

Well they said it was eight films, so we can assume two of the blu-rays are dual features (either the remaining Mizoguchis, or something akin to the Imamura/Pasolini releases). Very difficult to make anything of this image though - I wish they'd go back to giving us small details from the cover art to really tease us.

If we're making wishes, I'd like to see some Sirk or some Sternberg from the Universal deal, if there are still titles forthcoming from that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 am 

Birth of a Nation and Tabu are still forthcoming, and could certainly be up there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 am 

Muriel is also a possibility

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 am 

from facebook 5 month ago....
"Eureka Entertainment
16. Juli
Morning everyone! We are gearing up for today's announcement of our forthcoming MASTERS OF CINEMA releases. It would appear that your 'desired' line up would include Sleuth, Die Nibelungen, Le Samourai, The Birth of a Nation, Duck Soup, Paths of Glory, The Best Years Of Our Lives, The Passion of Joan of Arc & Black Rain amongst others, or titles from Billy Wilder, Shinoda, Epstein, Resnais, Visconti, Sirk & Imamura."

maybe Imamura's Black Rain or Shinoda's Double Suicide on blu-ray?......

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:38 am 

Give us some firsts and Tabu and I'll be all smiles.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am 

I'm hoping that one of those double bills consists of A Page of Madness and Crossroads. Probably just wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:51 am 

HJackson wrote:
Well they said it was eight films

They said a month ago that it was "looking like eight films." It's entirely possible that one or more of those has been delayed.

Also, FWIW, none of those BD banners match the bright purple of the Tabu DVD or the black of Muriel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:59 am 

swo17 wrote:
Also, FWIW, none of those BD banners match the bright purple of the Tabu DVD or the black of Muriel.

Don't forget Onibaba.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:00 pm 

HJackson wrote:
Well they said it was eight films, so we can assume two of the blu-rays are dual features

Alternatively there could be three films in one, if they were to put out a package comprising the three early Fritz Lang films that Kino released recently.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:20 pm 

neilist wrote:
HJackson wrote:
Well they said it was eight films, so we can assume two of the blu-rays are dual features

Alternatively there could be three films in one, if they were to put out a package comprising the three early Fritz Lang films that Kino released recently.

Or indeed a Sadao Yamanaka collection. I believe the Humanity and Paper Balloons DVD is still unavailable and The Million Ryo Pot was mentioned last year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 136  Next