Page 2 of 2

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2026 4:21 pm
by Rrobynne
nicolas wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2026 4:06 pm I’m not sure if screenshots from the Blu-ray.com site reviewer are suitable on their own. Other than that I don’t have another source to validate this other than my eyesight and a little bit of experience in that regard. Sorry that I can’t be more specific.
No worries, I can believe it.

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2026 11:26 pm
by Peacock
Rrobynne wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2026 3:18 pm
Peacock wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2026 10:37 pm And both seem to have forced English subs. Shout has a pretty great set of special features however.
My copy of the Artificial Eye release has optional subs, not forced. But it's the release with the incorrect picture it seems.
Ah great to know! Blu-ray.com’s review is mistaken then.

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2026 2:50 am
by Captain Paranoia
I imported a copy of the Japanese Blu-Ray. Les Amants du Pont-Neuf for the purpose of comparing with the US disc.

Both the US BD and Japanese BD appears to be the same transfer though the US BD appears to more robust. Would be interesting to see how it compares to the US Blu-Ray.

A comparison I did:
https://slow.pics/c/OgunH9HE

The US BD contains opening logos for Miramax (a shortened version of the 2011 logo) and StudioCanal (the 2011 logo) whereas the JP BD contains no logo. I recall a few DVD releases opened with the 1980s Gaumont logo (which may be how it opened in French theaters.)

It's worth noting the Japanese BD contains a 5.1 mix alongside the stereo track (if Criterion contains a surround mix over I only ask they include the original stereo track alongside it, one of my biggest pet peeves).

In contrast to the US BD and DVD, the Japanese BD contains the making of documentary (with burned-in Japanese subs however).

As for the supplements on this forthcoming release they look satisfactory, I'm at least glad they included the making-of documentary for Amants, and even more so included a video essay and new interviews.

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 8:18 pm
by Rupert Pupkin
I have the Japanese Blu-Ray for "Les Amants du Pont Neuf", and Artificial Eye Blu-Ray UK + Carlotta US release (double-dip) for "Mauvais Sang" and the other movies.
Still no test/review with screenshots of the Leos Carax Criterion box set ?

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 11:44 pm
by Rupert Pupkin
nicolas, did you test the Criterion box set ? It's very expensive to buy it from France.
a test of the first movie "Boy Meets Girl" has been posted here at criterionforum. Thanks.

I already have 2 blu-ray US releases of "Mauvais Sang" (Artificial Eye then I redip for the Carlotta US release- I have a slight "problem" with Julie Delpy); so I'm expecting a "definitive" Carax box set.
For "Les Amants du Pont Neuf" I have the Japanese Blu-Ray (and Boy Meets Girl from Artificial Eye UK)

PS: there is no way to see the new/tests with screenshots at DVDBeaver like it was possible before ? or did I miss something?

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:03 am
by Matt
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 11:44 pm PS: there is no way to see the new/tests with screenshots at DVDBeaver like it was possible before ? or did I miss something?
They're still there. If you go to the home page, you can see a list of new reviews along the left-hand side. There's no review for this release yet.

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:28 am
by nicolas
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 11:44 pm nicolas, did you test the Criterion box set ? It's very expensive to buy it from France.
a test of the first movie "Boy Meets Girl" has been posted here at criterionforum. Thanks.

I already have 2 blu-ray US releases of "Mauvais Sang" (Artificial Eye then I redip for the Carlotta US release- I have a slight "problem" with Julie Delpy); so I'm expecting a "definitive" Carax box set.
For "Les Amants du Pont Neuf" I have the Japanese Blu-Ray (and Boy Meets Girl from Artificial Eye UK)

PS: there is no way to see the new/tests with screenshots at DVDBeaver like it was possible before ? or did I miss something?
Hello, I haven’t yet received my set and probably won’t get it until mid-October. Chris will probably be faster with his reviews. No problem as his reviews are excellent and I agree with his observations pretty much all the time. You can use them as a reference.

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 10:15 pm
by Rupert Pupkin
nicolas wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:28 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 11:44 pm nicolas, did you test the Criterion box set ? It's very expensive to buy it from France.
a test of the first movie "Boy Meets Girl" has been posted here at criterionforum. Thanks.

I already have 2 blu-ray US releases of "Mauvais Sang" (Artificial Eye then I redip for the Carlotta US release- I have a slight "problem" with Julie Delpy); so I'm expecting a "definitive" Carax box set.
For "Les Amants du Pont Neuf" I have the Japanese Blu-Ray (and Boy Meets Girl from Artificial Eye UK)

PS: there is no way to see the new/tests with screenshots at DVDBeaver like it was possible before ? or did I miss something?
Hello, I haven’t yet received my set and probably won’t get it until mid-October. Chris will probably be faster with his reviews. No problem as his reviews are excellent and I agree with his observations pretty much all the time. You can use them as a reference.
thanks! I will wait for the complete test then; and I'm always interested by your comments ;)
Is it a digipack by the way ?

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 10:53 pm
by Matt
Rupert Pupkin wrote:Is it a digipack by the way ?
Yes

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 11:16 pm
by Rupert Pupkin
Matt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 10:53 pm
Rupert Pupkin wrote:Is it a digipack by the way ?
Yes
thanks! love the back of the digipack with Denis Lavant walk'in on dancin' on "Modern Love"

Re: 1326 Three Films by Leos Carax

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 5:24 pm
by Rrobynne
Here are some picture comparisons with the 2014 Carlotta BDs for the first two films, and with the Kino Lorber for Les Amants. I'd upload to caps-a-holic but afaik they don't allow user submissions generally.

Boy Meets Girl: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/HTlqXqqXIAA ... =4096x4096
Mauvais Sang: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/HTlqdtAXAAA ... =4096x4096
Les Amants Du Pont-Neuf: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/HTlqh4ZWQAA ... =4096x4096

Another for Mauvais Sang:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/HT0GyGvWEAA ... =4096x4096

And a third for Mauvais Sang, including the 2007 Artificial Eye DVD from the BMG/MS/Pola X boxset:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/HT0RbRUW0AA ... =4096x4096