Movie Posters

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
Tuco

Re: Movie Posters

#251 Post by Tuco » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:33 am

In an effort to outdo my wife in collecting things we both don't need, I have bought many posters and lobby cards from emovieposter.com as well as a few from Heritage Auctions (ha.com). My basement theater has 7 of these posters on display (rather fond of Godzilla 1956 USA release). And then there are the 5 quattro-foglio and numerous locandini from Spaghetti Westerns on an Italian site, which no longer exists, that I bought for my office when I was the Fine Wine Director for a distributor in MN, with lots of Italian wines in the portfolio. More than one Italian came into my office on a sales visit and beam/laugh/cry with joy at the collection.

Just in case any of you have money after the events of the past year! Advice: be cautious, don't go batshit crazy and overbid!

Red151

#252 Post by Red151 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:16 am

senseabove wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:01 pm
While the thread's been bumped: anyone know anyone in northern California who does solid poster restoration?

I picked up a gorgeous, extremely large poster that's in beautiful condition color-wise, but is folded and very brittle, so I expect it needs a steady, experienced hand to mount it and do some repair work. Unfortunately, the closest places I'm finding are Portland, LA, and Texas, and I'm afraid the repair, mounting, and glass cost alone will be eye-watering enough without worrying about shipping.
Not Northern CA but closer to San Bernardino, but I used Mario Cueva (https://www.lumiereposterrestoration.com) for two half-sheet posters from the 40s last summer -- restoration and backing. Very reasonable for the work I needed done and the quality was great.

I think I still have the before and after shots if you want to see some examples.

Never Cursed
Such is life on board the Redoutable

#253 Post by Never Cursed » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:51 pm

Love this Italian poster (and alternate title - "Don't Play With the Cactus") for a certain '80s teen comedy:
Spoiled for lengthShow

brundlefly

#254 Post by brundlefly » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:30 pm

From Mondo's recent run of A24-inspired prints, Jessica Seamans on Eggers and Richey Beckett's Hereditary.
SpoilerShow

Vienet

#255 Post by Vienet » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:47 pm

Frequent reader but never planned to post. Didn't know where to put this. There is an estate sale in Portland, Oregon claiming to be the "Owner of the Finest 35mm & 16mm Home Theatre in the Country", here are the addresses to the sale and the website with information:
https://www.estatesale-finder.com/views ... leid=11583
https://www.garyhoselton.com/