OOP Indicator

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

Finch

Re: OOP Indicator

#251 Post by Finch » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:21 am

Snake Pit looks like it'll go OOP pretty soon. Indicator's FB feed says they only have 18 copies left. Mad Dog Morgan less than 100 (the UK edition).

rapta

#252 Post by rapta » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:29 am

I'm surprised The Snake Pit hasn't gone OOP before now, especially as it's a Fox title and likely won't ever get a decent HD release like this again (the imminent standard edition notwithstanding). Same for Cisco Pike actually, it's been out for nearly 2 years, but glad it finally did (one of my favourite Indicator choices).

Very happy to hear Mad Dog Morgan has sold overwhelmingly well, and hope it might lead to more Hopper (The Indian Runner, Blue Velvet?), Australian directors (Peter Weir, Bruce Beresford?), or Moura titles (Communion, A Breed Apart?). Seems like Hopper titles are doing especially well these days (Severin just upgraded their Out of the Blue release to 4K UHD).

MichaelB

#253 Post by MichaelB » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:07 am

Columbia Noir 1 is now OOP.

Columbia Noir 2 isn't far off - just 75 copies remaining as of this afternoon.

The US version of Mad Dog Morgan has also been selling briskly - the UK version went officially OOP some time ago.

MichaelB

#254 Post by MichaelB » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:10 am

For the first time ever, five Indicator titles are going OOP even in their standard editions - unsurprisingly, it's the five Fox titles that were licensed just before the Disney takeover and which proved impossible to renew once the initial five-year term expired.

So Dragonwyck, Little Murders, The St Valentine's Day Massacre, The Snake Pit and The Third Secret will be going OOP on 30 June.

But right now they're still available, and all five are included in the 3 for £20 bundle offer on standard editions - more details here.

SeizureMilk

#255 Post by SeizureMilk » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:28 pm

Does Kino Lorber have a relationship to Fox because if so, maybe we could get these titles to Lorber

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#256 Post by domino harvey » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:00 pm

Considering a bunch of their older Fox titles just went OOP, I doubt it

colinr0380

#257 Post by colinr0380 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:02 pm

I would therefore assume that The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds may be in trouble too at a certain point, being another Fox title.

ryannichols7

#258 Post by ryannichols7 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:24 pm

it's been shown Criterion is the only one who has an "in" with Fox right now, and to think they'd have an interest in any of these titles (or many of the ones KLSC are losing) is laughable. even then, they wouldn't come out at the same pace that these did. it would be eons before these come back, if at all

SeizureMilk

#259 Post by SeizureMilk » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:31 pm

I mean maybe The Snake Pit would be the most likely to be released by Criterion especially considering the influence and popularity of it so maybe sometime in the next 10 years after the Indicator goes OOP, we'll get a Criterion release.

DeprongMori

#260 Post by DeprongMori » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:41 pm

colinr0380 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:02 pm
I would therefore assume that The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds may be in trouble too at a certain point, being another Fox title.
This title has in fact been confirmed by Indicator for deletion.

MichaelB

#261 Post by MichaelB » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:37 pm

The difference with that title is that it never got as far as a standard edition (it only sold out in the last sale), and now never will.

But the other five Fox titles are still available as standard editions until the end of June, at which point they have to be removed from sale.

MichaelB

#262 Post by MichaelB » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:33 am

The US edition of Enter Santo has now sold out. The UK edition is still available, and is to all intents and purposes identical (the machine-readable side of the discs really is identical, but there are minor localised cosmetic differences on the packaging), but they're anticipating sales of that will pick up now.

There will of course be standard editions of the films when both the limited editions have sold out, but you'll miss out on the book.

Obviously, everyone at Indicator is delighted that this one sold out so quickly, following the equally rapid sellout success of La Llorona and The Phantom of the Monastery, and there will definitely be more Mexican genre films release in 2024. It's an incredibly rich seam to mine, and there's clearly lots of interest out there.

MichaelB

#263 Post by MichaelB » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:52 pm

The latest low stock warnings:

HOFFMAN (UK edition) – 9 (nine) copies
WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA, VOLUME TWO – 35 copies
HAMMER VOLUME SIX: NIGHT SHADOWS – 36 copies
A SEVERED HEAD – 37 copies
COLUMBIA NOIR #4 – 52 copies

(Posted three hours ago, so those figures may be out of date.)

Maltic

#264 Post by Maltic » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:38 pm

Still cheering for the Ford-set. It's getting conspicuous now that everything else from 2020 and 2021 is gone. The above three sets selling out wouldn't hurt its chances though, I guess.

MichaelB

#265 Post by MichaelB » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:26 am

One of the Indicator releases that I’m personally proudest of is still available as a limited edition, and dates from 2019.

MichaelB

#266 Post by MichaelB » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:36 am

Absolution is being deleted from the Indicator catalogue as of Monday 2 October, although the standard edition is still available until then.

Maltic

#267 Post by Maltic » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:51 am

Maltic wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:38 pm
Still cheering for the Ford-set. It's getting conspicuous now that everything else from 2020 and 2021 is gone. The above three sets selling out wouldn't hurt its chances though, I guess.

The Hammer Vol. 5 (the non-horror box) is now also OOP it seems. I might pick up one or two of the SE singles in the next sale.

Poor John Ford! Hopelessly left behind by all the others. The next-earliest set to still be available is frigging Mae West, and that was released ~ 19 months later...