On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

hearthesilence

Re: On Ordering Indicator Releases

#426 Post by hearthesilence » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:49 pm

A part of my Neil Young Greedy Hands order just got sent again - wonder how this is happening?

Glowingwabbit

#427 Post by Glowingwabbit » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:10 pm

Last March when I did a big order (£200+) it didn't show up until May. Granted that was at the height of everything shutting down and changing so I doubt it will be like that again. Nevertheless I'm not expecting the big order (£200+) I placed Thursday morning to ship anytime soon.
Last edited by Glowingwabbit on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

bearcuborg

#428 Post by bearcuborg » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:41 pm

I got my sale order of Watermelon Man, Pillow Book, Modern Romance and Dietrich, but not my preorder of the Hawks pictures. Weird. Already loving the Pillow Book booklet...

Florinaldo

#429 Post by Florinaldo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:27 am

Indicator did tweet that they had received a high volume of orders, which takes time to process; mine was placed last Thrusday and was shipped the next day, so it is possible that orders are processed chronologically. At least FedEx seems to be very efficient; they managed to beat their announced date of arrival by 1 day and I received mine yesterday.

Meanwhile, I just did a little test and they appear to have corrected the VAT bug. If they do not automatically correct the situation with people who had to pay VAT despite being from foreign lands, I would suggest to these customers that they get in touch with Powerhouse; they are usually very good at following up on inquiries.

The Elegant Dandy Fop

#430 Post by The Elegant Dandy Fop » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:51 am

Anyone still waiting on their package? I purchased mine last Friday, March 12th and ordered three box sets to the US and have been patiently waiting. This is my first time ordering from Indicator since their first web sale, so not sure how long their orders take.

therewillbeblus

#431 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:55 am

The Elegant Dandy Fop wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:51 am
Anyone still waiting on their package? I purchased mine last Friday, March 12th and ordered three box sets to the US and have been patiently waiting. This is my first time ordering from Indicator since their first web sale, so not sure how long their orders take.
Did you check to see if any of those box sets are preorders i.e. Film Noir set vol 3? If not, sometimes the larger orders can still take some time in general

CSM126

#432 Post by CSM126 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 am

I’m still waiting for shipping confirmation on my order.

hearthesilence

#433 Post by hearthesilence » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:01 am

COVID may be slowing things down too. My Warner Archive order still hasn't shipped, but unlike the last one, they emailed and warned this would happen due to both the spike in orders and how slow they were moving due to COVID.

willoneill

#434 Post by willoneill » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:24 pm

My order shipped on Thursday and is being delivered tomorrow. Fedex, however, has the worst system for paying brokerage and taxes, which unlike UPS/DHL/Canada Post, can't be paid online. When I asked them on the phone why they didn't have a such a portal, I was told that they were planning to implement a system last year, but paused it due to COVID ... which, wouldn't COVID be a reason to accelerate development on an online portal?

The Elegant Dandy Fop

#435 Post by The Elegant Dandy Fop » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:10 pm

My orders were not pre-orders and were all sale items.

I think Indicator must be looking at this thread as they made a post about it on Instagram shortly after saying that it may take up to a month to receive the shipment. I'm in no rush for my package, I mostly wanted to just make sure it didn't disappear.

Finch

#436 Post by Finch » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:46 pm

I placed my order very shortly after the sale commenced (and only one of them was a sale item); it was dispatched the same day and arrived about 5 days later at my Washington State address. Compare this to Warner's email that they may need 15 days before orders can be shipped (and WB being a bigger organisation than Powerhouse).

fdm

#437 Post by fdm » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:26 pm

My Warner Archive shipment is arriving today. No Indicator sale order this time, but late last month I did place an order that won't be shipping/arriving until May.

The Pachyderminator

#438 Post by The Pachyderminator » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:13 pm

I got a shipping notification on Friday the 19th for my order placed Thursday the 11th, but it hasn't been scanned by FedEx UK yet (no tracking information). Just relax and let it happen and give it at least a month before worrying.

Cash Flagg

#439 Post by Cash Flagg » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:41 pm

To my amazement, my (pre-)order shipped yesterday and was delivered (in the US) today!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#440 Post by domino harvey » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:45 pm

Does anyone know if the third Noir box has started shipping yet? Hoping to get an order in before I move, but not sure how soon these come into stock before the street date

therewillbeblus

#441 Post by therewillbeblus » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:50 pm

I don't know about others but it's the last item I'm waiting for, release date-wise, from my sale order months back, and still hasn't shipped.

skilar

#442 Post by skilar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:02 pm

Mine hasn't shipped yet. For context, my pre-order for #2 shipped on February 4th. That one had a release date of February 15th. So maybe they'll go out sometime next week?

therewillbeblus

#443 Post by therewillbeblus » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:15 pm

You could also always email them. I haven't dealt with Indicator's customer service but they seem to be a personable enough company to give it a shot.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#444 Post by swo17 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:35 pm

Last time I had preorders ship (January), they only went out five days before the release date

Apu

#445 Post by Apu » Fri May 07, 2021 4:47 am

Got an email that my order, including two pre-orders (noir 3 and the standard release of Fat City) got shipped

therewillbeblus

#446 Post by therewillbeblus » Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 am

Same here, the third noir box just shipped. With a whopping sample size of 2, you can prob feel safe to order domino

What A Disgrace

#447 Post by What A Disgrace » Mon May 10, 2021 11:49 pm

I'm waiting on a DiabolikDVD shipment of Arrow's big April 4K releases, plus Switchblade Sisters, due to pre-ordering Indicator's The Chalk Garden through them. I think from now on, I'll only order the 'big' Indicator releases through them (boxed sets and the like), and get the smaller, more middlebrow ones through Indicator themselves.

therewillbeblus

#448 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon May 17, 2021 12:11 pm

I got my sale order today, carefully packaged by Indicator, as always. I'm curious for anyone else who ordered the "Returning OOP" titles- did your copies of films arrive in any sketchy form? I ordered The Collector, and the plastic is ripped, the cover art looks dirty, and there's a big whopping packaging-tape strip going across the plastic as a rather large bandaid passed off as part of the clear packaging. I don't want to definitively say it's a B&N-type repackaged used copy, but it sure looks that way.

PfR73

#449 Post by PfR73 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Not exactly as you described, but yes, some misshappen plastic, store stickers, etc. But Indicator said as much when they put them up: "These are ex-display units which have been returned by a well-known retailer. Where necessary, the stock has been refurbished, and all units have been checked to ensure that they are complete. Please note, however, that some items may exhibit a degree of shelf-wear, or contain stickers or sticker residue, or be in otherwise not-absolutely-as-new condition."

Pavel

#450 Post by Pavel » Mon May 17, 2021 12:33 pm

I bought a lot of the OOP Returns titles (as many as I could — ordered most individually, so paid more in shipping) since I actively started collecting Indicator relatively recently (my first big order was last year). All of them came in great condition except Christine (slightly broken case and small rip on the spine of the cover) and Charley Varrick (also slightly broken case). The Collector was in great condition. I emailed Indicator (trying my best to not sound accusatory or annoyed) and they said they'll put replacement cases in my next order. Still, 2/30+ isn't bad at all