The Mangler

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

DarkImbecile
Ask me about my visible cat breasts

The Mangler

#1 Post by DarkImbecile » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:09 pm

IT WILL SCARE THE SHEET OUT OF YOU!

Master of Horror Tobe Hooper (Texas Chainsaw, Salem’s Lot, Life Force) returns to the works of Stephen King with this baroque and blackly comic adaptation of The Mangler.

When a worker at Gartley’s Blue Ribbon Laundry is pulled into the titular laundry press and folded like a sheet, police officer John Hunton (Ted Levine, Silence of the Lambs) is called to investigate. Was it an accident, or is something more sinister going on? As more deaths and injuries occur under the watchful eye of owner Bill Gartley (Robert Englund), Hunton, with his demonologist brother-in-law Mark Jackson (Daniel Matmoor) come to believe the machine might be possessed, and the town itself to be hiding a much deeper secret.

Like an EC horror comic come to life, The Mangler is bold, brash and politically aware as Hooper once again points his camera at the American Nightmare, this time turning it on the bloodthirsty machinery of capitalism itself!

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a 2K restoration
  • Lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 stereo audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by critics Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • Brand new audio commentary by critics and self-confessed ‘Manglophiles’ Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain
  • Audio commentary by co-writer Stephen David Brooks
  • Nature Builds No Machines, a brand new visual essay by Scout Tafoya, author of Cinemaphagy: the Films of Tobe Hooper
  • This Machine Just Called Me an Asshole!, a brand new visual essay by author and critic Guy Adams on the monstrous life of inanimate objects in the work of Stephen King
  • Gartley’s Gambit, an archival interview with star Robert Englund
  • Behind the Scenes footage
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabelais
FIRST PRESSING ONLY fully illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing by Michael Gingold, Johnny Mains and Henry Blyth

jazzo

Re: The Mangler

#2 Post by jazzo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:31 pm

I remember very little about this film other than I hated every frame of it. And I’ve read the Stephen King short story!