Mr Show

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Donald Brown

Mr Show

#1 Post by Donald Brown » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 pm

David Cross and Bob Odenkirk have a new show coming to HBO:
Big news from Bob and David HQ. We have an HQ! After seven long years and over four different Irish contractors, our Head Quarters has finally been built and then immediately condemned. We sold the land back to ourselves and are going to establish a community chest inspired by the Monopoly Game! Huh? What the hell was that all about?
I don't know, but I do know this; HBO has officially picked up the pilot Bob and I pitched them and wrote. We should be shooting in LA in the beginning of MAY. We'll keep you posted on exactly when and where (we'll have room for 150 audiencers). We are both very, very excited about it and feel it's really strong and important to the health of America. We know that America is hurting right now and old people like to say that "Laughter's the best medicine."

Antoine Doinel

#2 Post by Antoine Doinel » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:31 am

Awesome!

brandofo

#3 Post by brandofo » Thu May 29, 2008 4:28 am

This is going to be great. Mr. Show was hilarious and they both work on the Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! which is pretty wild, too.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Mr Show

#4 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:05 am

Mr Show coming back this year, filming starts next month

Professor Wagstaff

Re: Netflix Originals

#6 Post by Professor Wagstaff » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:35 pm

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Netflix Originals

#7 Post by domino harvey » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:48 pm

W/Bob and David, the Mr Show followup limited series, popped up in my recommended section on Netflix and I'd somehow completely missed its existence when it debuted three years ago. Oh sweet merciful ignorance. Of all the recent revisits to well-loved cancelled series, surely none are worse than this? I made it exactly one episode and five minutes into a second before giving up ship. There's a moment in the first episode that captures perfectly what's wrong here: a group of friends are playing poker and sharing their New Years Resolutions. The joke is soon apparent that everyone but one has outrageous goals, but only the friend with a realistic goal is treated harshly for his resolution. A decent comedy skit premise. Until the episode grinds it into the ground by going back to it again and again and again, never less-amusingly than when we actually get a Transformers/trans joke-- this is literally the kind of hacky shit this creative team would have slaughtered twenty years ago. How pathetic. Though not as pathetic as the first couple minutes of episode two, revolving around such fresh jokes as not being able to say the phrase "the prophet Mohammad"-- you can literally see the audience members during this segment forcing themselves to give depressing pity laughs. Then the episode turned to what appeared to be middle eastern terrorists talking about Hollywood projects in a chic LA restaurant and I just couldn't anymore and shut it off. Good God, were these two dropped on their head repeatedly in the last couple decades?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#8 Post by domino harvey » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:24 am

wattsup32

#9 Post by wattsup32 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:09 pm

Oh, no! Not Choo Choo!

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#10 Post by swo17 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:24 pm