The Mandalorian

Discuss TV shows old and new.
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: The Mandalorian

#26 Post by swo17 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:12 pm

IMDb suggests she is tied for being in the most episodes of any other actor save the titular one, so that's what I was working from. I apologize if my comments have hurt Disney's bottom line, which is of more value than any human life

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

#27 Post by Michael Kerpan » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:52 pm

I found her rather bland in Mandalorian -- she did certain actions the narrative required, I guess. But she never particularly caught my interest as a character (unlike a number of other secondary characters).

jazzo

#28 Post by jazzo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:53 pm

Controversy and inelegant self-expression aside, Gina Carrano was consistently the worst thing on The Mandalorian, deflating the emotion of her all of her scenes with dead-faced line delivery or a poorly placed smirk. The producers certainly share in the blame for her casting, and she really should have been replaced a long time ago, given her absence of craft or screen presence.

I get what Soderbergh was attempting to do with Carrano in Haywire (especially given his success with Sasha Gray in Girlfriend Experience), but in the end, that wasn't a performance, it was simply a record of her physicality. So, beyond that failed experiment, it was silly for anyone to hand her opportunities that so many unemployed or undiscovered actors are denied their entire lives.

DarkImbecile
Ask me about my visible cat breasts

#29 Post by DarkImbecile » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:28 pm