DVD Cataloguing Software

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Ted Todorov

Re:

#76 Post by Ted Todorov » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Nadsat wrote:
LightBulbFilm wrote:What's good for Mac use?
Check also DVDpedia from http://www.bruji.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
DVDPedia is a truly great program. It offers spectacular Front Row/home theater integration, excellent web export, iPhone/iPod synch, imports data from numerous sources, etc, etc.
It the kind of programs that makes it worth getting a Mac -- and if you already have one, run, don't walk to Bruji.com and check it out.

perkizitore

Re: DVD Cataloguing Software

#77 Post by perkizitore » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Cash Flagg

#78 Post by Cash Flagg » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:35 pm

I use DVDAf. Here's my collection. One of DVDAf's most helpful features is the inclusion of the lowest current online price for each title in their system. This makes it easy to quickly scan your wishlist for bargains.

denti alligator

#79 Post by denti alligator » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Alright, I need a simple program that will allow me to import from a variety of sources (like itunes, html, xml, barcode scanner) and can do music, movies, and books. And I don't want to pay more than $20-30. Librarian Pro seems close, but no barcode scanning, or...?

Oh, and I use a PC.

perkizitore

#80 Post by perkizitore » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Do you know if there is a program with barcode scanner for Android phones? I need to scan everything and then import the list to my PC for backup.

stagefright50

#81 Post by stagefright50 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Springpad works and it backs up the list to your online Springpad account.

perkizitore

#82 Post by perkizitore » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Has it been deleted from the Market? My phone can't locate it...

BigMack3000

#83 Post by BigMack3000 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Shelves, is the one I use. I have a droid. I did it backwards from how you want to. I had my library on my computer through dvd library. Then I exported that list and loaded it onto Shelves, but I believe you can scan barcodes with it.

Donald Brown

#84 Post by Donald Brown » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:25 am

Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive barcode scanner for entering their DVDs, CDs, etc. into databases?

Matt

#85 Post by Matt » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:00 pm

cdnchris
Site Admin

#86 Post by cdnchris » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Wow. Had no idea those things were still hanging around.

Donald Brown

#87 Post by Donald Brown » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Huh, neither did I. Ended up ordering this one, since the hands-free, constant scanning will help expedite the whole tedious process of cataloging everything.

wattsup32

Good Bar Code Scanning/Cataloguing software?

#88 Post by wattsup32 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Forgive me for posting this here, but I was certain someone here would have a good recommendation. And, since no place seemed to really fit, I thought posting in this forum would offend people the least.

Does anyone have a recommendation for something I can use to scan my collection in by barcode? I'm hoping for something that will automatically populate a spreadsheet or other list that I can sort in various ways.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Grand Wazoo

#89 Post by Grand Wazoo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:31 am

wattsup32 wrote:Forgive me for posting this here, but I was certain someone here would have a good recommendation. And, since no place seemed to really fit, I thought posting in this forum would offend people the least.

Does anyone have a recommendation for something I can use to scan my collection in by barcode? I'm hoping for something that will automatically populate a spreadsheet or other list that I can sort in various ways.

Delicious Library is pretty great and allows scanning.

matrixschmatrix

#90 Post by matrixschmatrix » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:43 am

I use Collectorz.com Movie Collector, which despite its obnoxious name is pretty good- it, too, allows scanning.

wattsup32

#91 Post by wattsup32 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Grand Wazoo wrote:
wattsup32 wrote:Forgive me for posting this here, but I was certain someone here would have a good recommendation. And, since no place seemed to really fit, I thought posting in this forum would offend people the least.

Delicious Library is pretty great and allows scanning.
Thanks so much. This is what I went with because it is designed especially for a Mac and I didn't have to buy a scanner. I was able to scan my entire collection in over the course of a single day!

dx23

#92 Post by dx23 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 pm

I've seen Springpad and Shelves being mentioned above but I'm looking for barcode scanner app for Android that could help me scan my movie collection to DVDProfiler. Any ideas or suggestions?

Proteus

#93 Post by Proteus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:13 pm

I have been impressed and pleased with putting my collection of movies into http://www.itrackmine.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. So pleased, I've begun putting my books in as well. iTM provides a ton of formidable features - the collection/property-loss report is vital, the RSS feed of my collection is surprisingly helpful, and the custom list, receipt-scan and personal ID options make it simple to customize my collection in a weird and wide variety of ways, and to share my collection with anyone online.

After starting there, I invested in a cuecat, googled the necessary hack to make it functional, and use it very regularly.

Legzhembe joen.

Cash Flagg

Re: DVD Library

#94 Post by Cash Flagg » Sat May 18, 2019 10:24 am

Last edited by Cash Flagg on Sat May 18, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timec
Spencer Tracy had it coming

Re: DVD Library

#95 Post by Timec » Sat May 18, 2019 11:16 am

Yikes - I've been using DVD AF/Film AF to catalog my collection for 15 years now. I've also found it a helpful resource for finding DVD/BD releases in general.

Now I feel bad that I waited until last year to make my first donation to them.

I did notice the site seemed less active the past few years - I used to be able to find just about any release on there within a few days of being announced, but lately I've had to submit a lot of new entries to the database.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#96 Post by swo17 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:57 am

An invaluable resource I use practically every day :cry:

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#97 Post by domino harvey » Sat May 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Now I just use a Google doc that I can access on my phone or laptop, and then take pictures of the contents of the numbered tubs where my movies are stored for insurance verification purposes.

Luke M

#98 Post by Luke M » Sat May 18, 2019 12:23 pm

I use blu-ray.com. *ducks out of thread*

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#99 Post by tenia » Sat May 18, 2019 1:15 pm

I use a simple Excel file, but I do use the blu-ray.com listing when I want to watch something specific. My Excel file is a very simple one (originally meant to catalogue what I own, not be a database), so their research tool is quite useful.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#100 Post by swo17 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:32 pm

I use filmaf as much for checking availability of things I don't own and locating bonus films as for cataloguing my own collection