Disney/Buena Vista Catalog Titles on Blu

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Ribs

Re: Disney/Buena Vista Catalog Titles on Blu

#226 Post by Ribs » Mon May 17, 2021 7:31 pm

Available from the Disney Movie Club next month: The Kid, Ice Princess, The Pacifier, and Herbie: Fully Loaded.

Ribs

#227 Post by Ribs » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:00 pm

It looks like there are going to be 4K releases of Unbreakable and Roger Rabbit this fall. Why they would do the former before Sixth Sense is perplexing to me but I’m glad to see what might be the first actual adult Disney movie to be released on the format regardless.

Monterey Jack

#228 Post by Monterey Jack » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:44 pm

Roger Rabbit in 4K is extremely exciting news. Unbreakable is probably being fast-tracked because its two "sequels", Split and Glass, are already on the format.
Last edited by Monterey Jack on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

therewillbeblus

#229 Post by therewillbeblus » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:01 pm

Ribs wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:00 pm
It looks like there are going to be 4K releases of Unbreakable and Roger Rabbit this fall. Why they would do the former before Sixth Sense is perplexing to me but I’m glad to see what might be the first actual adult Disney movie to be released on the format regardless.
I think Unbreakable has aged much better, and while The Sixth Sense was a cult favorite upon release and subsequent M. Night movies were less esteemed during theatrical runs, I struggle to find anyone I talk to about the auteur these days who cite that breakthrough Oscar-nominated movie first in the discussions. Unbreakable, Signs, The Village, Split, and even The Happening (for other reasons) are more closely linked with his name today, in my experience

Ribs

#230 Post by Ribs » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:23 pm

Latest additions to the DMC exclusives line:

The Big Green
Man of the House
Tom And Huck
A Kid In King's Arthur's Court