Tales from the Hood I & II

Discuss releases by the BFI and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

MichaelB

#1 Post by MichaelB » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Full specs announced:

Starring Clarence Williams III, Wings Hauser, Tom Wright, David Alan Grier, Corbin Bernsen, Roger Guenveur Smith, Jasmine Akakpo, Kedrick Brown, Gunnar Anderson and Keith David

Limited Edition (3,000 copies only) Blu-ray release on 26 October 2020

Horror meets the hood in Rusty Cundieff and Darin Scott’s politically charged horror-comedy anthology series in which stories of abuse, corruption and racism towards the African-American community are given the horror film treatment.

Tales from the Hood I & II are released together on Blu-ray by the BFI on 26 October, in time for Halloween viewing.

Executive-produced by Spike Lee, this cult horror favourite is presented in a 2-disc Blu-ray alongside its 2018 sequel, which reunites the original creative team for more tales of terror.

Special features
• Presented in High Definition
• Feature commentary on Tales from the Hood by Rusty Cundieff (2017)
• Welcome to Hell: The Making of Tales from the Hood (2017, 56 mins): feature documentary featuring interviews with the cast and crew
• Interview with Rusty Cundieff (2020, 69 mins): writer and director Rusty Cundieff talks to Adam Murray about the inspirations and influences on Tales from the Hood
• Interview with Darin Scott (2020, 19 mins): the writer and producer talks to Abigail Yartey about his love of horror and the genesis of the Tales from the Hood films
• Trailer
• Gallery
• Booklet with essay by writer and curator Adam Murray, notes on the extras and full credits

Product details
RRP: £24.99 / Cat. no. BFIB1397 / 18
USA / 1995 + 2018 / colour / 207 mins / English language, with optional hard-of-hearing subtitles / original aspect ratios 1.85:1 + 1.78:1 // BD50 x 2 / 1080p, 24fps / Disc 1: PCM 2.0 stereo audio (48kHz/24-bit) / Disc 2: 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, PCM 2.0 stereo audio (48kHz/24-bit)