Forthcoming: Run, Man, Run

Discuss releases by Eureka and Masters of Cinema and the films on them.
Finch

Forthcoming: Run, Man, Run

#1 Post by Finch » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:34 pm

Sergio Sollima's RUN MAN RUN is getting a MoC spine as per Amazon's listing.

Sergio Sollima’s third (and final) western film; Run, Man Run stars Tomas Milian (The Big Gundown, Django Kill… If You Live, Shoot!) as Cuchillo, reprising his role as the crafty knife thrower from Sollima’s earlier film, The Big Gundown.

After aiding in the escape of a fellow desperado, Cuchillo is given the location for a stash of hidden gold intended to fund the Mexican Revolution. Pursued by mercenaries, bandits, corrupt officials, an American gunslinger, and even his fiancé – Cuchillo will have to use all of his tricks to stay alive.

This “Zapata Western” concludes Sollima’s triptych of Western’s that examined violence, politics, and revolution – and it is a suitably epic conclusion, filled with action and violence accompanied by a brilliant score by Bruno Nicolai and Ennio Morricone. The Masters of Cinema series is proud to present Run, Man, Run fully uncut for the first time ever in the UK.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Limited Edition slipcase featuring new artwork by Tony Stella
Limited Edition reversible poster
1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a definitive 4K restoration of the original uncut version of the film, with additional colour grading completed exclusively for this release
Optional English subtitles, newly translated for this release
Brand new audio commentary with writers Barry Forshaw and Kim Newman (Uncut Version)
Brand new interview with film scholar Stephen Thrower
Alternate opening credits
Theatrical Trailer
DISC 2 LIMITED BONUS DISC
Run, Man, Run – The Theatrical Cut (85 mins) – the original theatrical release version of the film, presented in 1080p from a 4K restoration with additional colour grading completed exclusively for this release (Limited Edition Exclusive)
Brand new audio commentary with author Howard Hughes and filmmaker Richard Knew (Theatrical Version - Limited Edition Exclusive)
Reversible sleeve
A collector’s booklet featuring two new essays by Howard Hughes, covering both the film and the “Zapata Western” sub-genre.
Last edited by Finch on Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

What A Disgrace

Re: Forthcoming: Run, Man, Run

#2 Post by What A Disgrace » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:18 pm

I believe Sergios Corbucci and Solima are now the only two directors to be promoted from Classics to Masters, while Jackie Chan is the most decidedly demoted.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#3 Post by swo17 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:44 pm

What A Disgrace wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:18 pm
Jackie Chan is the most decidedly demoted.
I believe you're thinking of Yuen Woo-ping

Finch

#4 Post by Finch » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:39 am

OP updated.

rapta

#5 Post by rapta » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:06 pm

What A Disgrace wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:18 pm
I believe Sergios Corbucci and Solima are now the only two directors to be promoted from Classics to Masters, while Jackie Chan is the most decidedly demoted.
Hoping they have another few from a certain other Sergio for MoC in the near future...

L.A.

#6 Post by L.A. » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:19 pm

In 2004 and possibly in March or April and it was Saturday; I remember watching my first ever Shaw Brothers film Executioners from Shaolin (1977) at a local film theater and when I came home decided to watch Run, Man, Run and the Blue Underground DVD. Possibly THE best double bill ever 😃. Great looking package, will get this for sure.

FrauBlucher

#7 Post by FrauBlucher » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:50 pm

M Sanderson

#8 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:06 am

Looking forward to this & hope both restoration & encode are of a high standard.

Also there were rumours of Sollima’s Face to Face.

rapta

#9 Post by rapta » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:14 pm

M Sanderson wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:06 am
Looking forward to this & hope both restoration & encode are of a high standard.

Also there were rumours of Sollima’s Face to Face.
They planned a Faccia a faccia Blu-ray many years ago, IIRC. I think they even had it listed on their old website at one point, or at least there was a packshot, but they decided the master wasn't suitable so did DVD only (which I own). Great news if they finally pull through with a Blu-ray though...they did so for The Great Silence (which they also released on DVD).