BD 259 The Love of Jeanne Ney

Discuss releases by Eureka and Masters of Cinema and the films on them.
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

BD 259 The Love of Jeanne Ney

#1 Post by swo17 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:30 pm

The Love of Jeanne Ney

An epic of the Weimar cinema, The Love of Jeanne Ney follows a young French woman's struggle for happiness amid the political turbulence and corruption of post-World War I Europe.

A tour de force for director G. W. Pabst (Diary of a Lost Girl, Pandora's Box), the film blends a variety of cinematic approaches as it weaves its complex narrative of moral chaos and political upheaval: the "American Style," evocative of the Hollywood studio blockbuster; the avant-garde techniques of Soviet montage; as well as the eerie moving camerawork and shadowy perspectives typical of German Expressionism. The result is a stunning cinematic experiment that never fails to surprise the viewer as it races towards its exhilarating conclusion. Available for the first time in the UK, the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present The Love of Jeanne Ney on Blu-ray.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• 1080p presentation on Blu-ray, fully restored with a score by Bernd Thewes
• Optional English subtitles
• Alternate US release version with music by Andrew Earle Simpson
Too Romantic, Too Ghastly – Brand New video essay by David Cairns and Fiona Watson
• A collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Philip Kemp

What A Disgrace

Re: BD 259 The Love of Jeanne Ney

#2 Post by What A Disgrace » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:50 pm

Pity it won't have the audio commentary from the US release, but I already placed my pre-order.

Finch

Re: BD 259 The Love of Jeanne Ney

#3 Post by Finch » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:49 pm