Severin Films

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
M Sanderson

Re: Severin Films

#451 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:29 am

Adam X wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:10 pm
I don’t really need the film to be violent or go to any “extremes” to be be interested. I guess I just meant the trailer makes it look conventionally glossy & underwritten. I wouldn’t exactly say I’m a fan of his work but what I’ve seen interests me. I think I’ve already given Severin enough money this month (I do wish I could’ve bought the snow globe though), so another time maybe. Thanks for the reply.
what I meant was more than it feels atypical for the director as it's a rare work of his that can't be classed in any way as extreme. If we look at Combat Shock, the late stages of No Way Home, and his contribution to Theatre Bizarre (also released by Severin). I did find it unusual in setting and character enough to be distinctive, however.

I couldn't buy everything so I went for the rarities, The Unscarred and Spider Labyrinth 4k.

Maltic

#452 Post by Maltic » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:17 am

Will the Soavi films be available at a reasonable BD price at some point (or does anyone foresee a Euro release)?

dwk

#453 Post by dwk » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:18 pm

They dont seem to limited to the sale, like Four Flies on Grey Velvet was, so they should pop up at other etailers. They may drop the soundtrack CDs and booklets.

As for Euro editions, they probably will happen, but the UK rights to all three are with Shameless Screen Entertainment, who aren't known for the quality of other UK labels.

Maltic

#454 Post by Maltic » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:27 pm

Thanks. Too bad about Shameless holding the rights.

M Sanderson

#455 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:50 am

I've received my copies of SPIDER LABYRINTH 4k and Giovinazzo's THE UNSCARRED (blu ray). The sheer novelty of owning these caused me to prioritise them over, for example, the heralded Soavi 4ks.

SPIDER LABYRINTH does look incredibly clear and beautiful. I can appreciate the film in full. Some of the daytime, more blandly shot scenes are more unsettling (whereas they seemed merely dull in the DVD-R I used to have), contributing a subtly malignant and conspiratorial feeling, paving the way for the more expressionistic scenes in the dark or underground. One such hyper stylised subterranean scene, in a tunnel, is a revelation - I had not been aware of extra colours dappling this sequence, creating stunning patterns on a damp reflective surface. I did forget how freakish and outlandish the climax is, when the protagonist comes face to face with the full extent of the conspiracy and what it is trying to conceal from the world. Again, a reminder why we need those "duller" scenes, as this film is all about concealing terrible things in broad daylight. Was great to catch up with the freaky, super powered "spider lady" again, but I did forget all about the weird baby and its mutation.

There are zero encoding issues, zero bizarre 4k glitches or anomalies. One issue - and it felt more serious than it should have. The Italian subtitles don't appear if the character is talking offscreen. I often felt like I was missing dialogue, when I confirmed by checking the English track that I had missed nothing. So the subtitles are all bulked together, either before or after the character talks - once they are visible onscreen. It took me out of the film at first - it creates odd sequencing and unsettles somewhat, until you realise you only assumed that you missed something. Maybe then again, you could say it works with the film's theme, of being one step behind the conspiracies working against you!

Not checked out THE UNSCARRED yet. But I love Giovinazzo's work and always did like this character based, German-set crime dramas. Was very happy to support Severin's last Giovinzoo release, NO WAY HOME, one of the prizes of my collection. Surely next year LIFE IS HOT IN CRACKTOWN, Buddy's adaptation of his own Selby Jr style book, will coming via at least a very limited release?

dwk

#456 Post by dwk » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:12 pm

M Sanderson wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:50 am
There are zero encoding issues, zero bizarre 4k glitches or anomalies. One issue - and it felt more serious than it should have. The Italian subtitles don't appear if the character is talking offscreen. I often felt like I was missing dialogue, when I confirmed by checking the English track that I had missed nothing. So the subtitles are all bulked together, either before or after the character talks - once they are visible onscreen. It took me out of the film at first - it creates odd sequencing and unsettles somewhat, until you realise you only assumed that you missed something. Maybe then again, you could say it works with the film's theme, of being one step behind the conspiracies working against you!
Are they actually subtitles for the Italian track? because the specs only list English SDH not English subtitles for the Italian track.

Adam X

#457 Post by Adam X » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:27 pm

I hope not. Why in 2023 are some genre-focussed US labels still so lazy when it comes to providing actual translated subs for non-english tracks for european films? There’s such a hangover fetish for watching these films dubbed in english.

M Sanderson

#458 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:13 pm

dwk wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:12 pm
M Sanderson wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:50 am
Are they actually subtitles for the Italian track? because the specs only list English SDH not English subtitles for the Italian track.
yeah looks like it's English SDH which I selected to go with Italian audio.

dwk

#459 Post by dwk » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:05 pm

Is the SDH subs the only one offered?

MichaelB

#460 Post by MichaelB » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:15 pm

Adam X wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:27 pm
I hope not. Why in 2023 are some genre-focussed US labels still so lazy when it comes to providing actual translated subs for non-english tracks for european films? There’s such a hangover fetish for watching these films dubbed in english.
Coincidentally, I spent a chunk of last week working on three sets of English subtitles for Indicator's upcoming 4K UHD of Patrick - SDH for the 112-minute Australian cut, SDH for the 97-minute American-dubbed cut, and translation for the 102-minute Italian-dubbed cut with the replacement Goblin score.

I believe the latter has never been subtitled in English before.

(It's mostly a pretty straightforward translation of the original - but, as ever, it occasionally goes off at tangents. For instance, the protagonist Kathy gets a much more blatant grilling about her sex life from her colleague in the Italian version than she does in either of the English versions!)

M Sanderson

#461 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:02 pm

dwk wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:05 pm
Is the SDH subs the only one offered?
yes, confirmed. no other options.

dwk

#462 Post by dwk » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:40 pm

Ugh. So lazy.

Adam X

#463 Post by Adam X » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:38 pm

If only Severin & co. were that dilligent, Michael.
Especially considering how long the film’s been out of curculation.

M Sanderson

#464 Post by M Sanderson » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:37 am

It is a shame. I do need the Italian voices, when watching these films. It's clear that the Italian track seems to be saying more than the English track, so the subtitles of the English track applied to the Italian track does jar somewhat. I can still understand the film, and it is a beautiful edition. But you'd think it could've been done better. If they offer the Italian track, they're allowed to subtitle it - I presume.

Still, it is a beautiful film, that looks utterly stunning - with none of the weird compression or 4k anomalies or odd digital smoke blowing around that frequent some of Severin's releases (eg their 4k of Franco's Faceless). It's definitely a keeper for me and this release does prove that SPIDER LABYRINTH is not a televisual thriller with a few moments of wild horror and expressionism - it's more of a controlled, classical film worthy of Avati that plunges us into horror very deeply on its own terms. Very accomplished Italian horror atypical for its period.

MichaelB

#465 Post by MichaelB » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm

M Sanderson wrote:It is a shame. I do need the Italian voices, when watching these films. It's clear that the Italian track seems to be saying more than the English track, so the subtitles of the English track applied to the Italian track does jar somewhat. I can still understand the film, and it is a beautiful edition. But you'd think it could've been done better. If they offer the Italian track, they're allowed to subtitle it - I presume.
In my experience of subbing Italian dubs, it’s usually not so much a case of there being more as with the emphases being different - for instance, the Italian track might include a more flowery metaphor that makes more local sense than the English equivalent.

But the dialogue sometimes differs a fair bit - Cold Eyes of Fear often really sharply deviated between the two versions. Patrick is a lot closer, but still not a perfect translation. But a perfect translation is always going to play second fiddle to something that more convincingly fits the lip movements.

colinr0380

#466 Post by colinr0380 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:07 pm

Seeing those Jacopetti and Prosperi mondo films in their English dubbed and Italian subtitled versions on the Blue Underground DVD set from the mid 2000s was really eye-opening in how different the overlaid dialogue can be on tone and content. Especially in a film like Africa Addio, where the placing of fault on which particular colonial countries were responsible for ravaging the African continent the most are rather different depending on which track you listen to, and presumably which audience they were being aimed towards!

As with something like the "Zombi" Argento cut of Dawn of the Dead being the one that influenced the wave of Italian zombie horror films in its wake, having access to the Italian version of this film will be particularly interesting because presumably it is that particular version that will have had the most influence on the 1980 Italian-made 'sequel' Patrick Vive Ancora, or:
SpoilerShow
Patrick Still Lives

dwk

#467 Post by dwk » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:06 pm

Recent Severin announcements:
Standard retail UHD/Blu-ray and Blu-ray only editions of The Psychic, Nightmare and Bad Biology

Burial Ground(UHD)
For his only foray into the zombie genre, psychosexual sleaze maestro Andrea Bianchi (MALABIMBA: THE MALICIOUS WHORE, STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER) unleashed the barrage of flesh-ripping, gut-chomping and depraved oedipal mayhem that set insane new standards in Italian horror, now in UHD for the first time in North America: Mariangela Giordano (of SATAN’S BABY DOLL, THE SECT and PATRICK STILL LIVES fame) stars in the ‘80s splatter classic about a cursed country estate besieged by horny houseguests, undead Etruscans and the unusual relationship between a mother (Giordano) and her mega-creepy young son (disturbingly portrayed by adult actor Peter Bark) that will trigger some of the most jaw-dropping scenes in grindhouse history. Severin Films is improbably proud to present the definitive version of this gorehound/sex-fiend favorite, now featuring an all-new 4K scan and 4 hours of Special Features.

Special Fetaures:
Disc 1: UHD
• Audio Commentary With Critics Nathaniel Thompson, Troy Howarth And Eugenio Ercolani
• Audio Commentary With Italian Cinema Experts Calum Waddell And John Martin
• Theatrical Trailer

Disc 2: Blu-ray
• Audio Commentary With Critics Nathaniel Thompson, Troy Howarth And Eugenio Ercolani
• Audio Commentary With Italian Cinema Experts Calum Waddell And John Martin
• Villa Parisi: Legacy Of Terror – Location Featurette
• Return To The Burial Ground – Interview With Actor Peter Bark At Villa Parisi
• Peter Still Lives – Festival Q&A With Peter Bark
• Just For The Money – Interview With Actor Simone Mattioli
• The Smell Of Death – Interviews With Producer Gabriele Crisanti And Actress Mariangela Giordano
• Deleted/Extended Material
• Theatrical Trailer

Disc Specs:
• Aspect ratio: 1.66:1
• Audio: English Mono, Italian Mono
• 4K Video: Dolby Vision
• Closed Captions, English Subtitles
• Region Free
• Run time: 85 mins

Dracula, Prisoner of Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
Inspired by Universal’s 1940s monster mash-ups, writer/director Jess Franco instead delivered “a weird and wonderful masterpiece that transports you to a world like no other” (Scream Magazine): With minimal dialogue and maximum gothic atmosphere, Franco crafts a fever dream of erotic horror in which Count Dracula (Howard Vernon of DELICATESSEN), Dr. Frankenstein (Dennis Price of TWINS OF EVIL), his assistant Morpho and Frankenstein’s monster battle gypsies, showgirls, Dr. Seward and a wolfman. Alberto Dalbés (THE EROTIC RITES OF FRANKENSTEIN), Carmen Yazalde (A VIRGIN AMONG THE LIVING DEAD) and Geneviève Robert (star of Franco’s DEVIL’S ISLAND LOVERS and the future Mrs. Ivan Reitman) co-star in “a fantastic experience for those who respect Franco’s demented vision” (Mondo Exploito), now scanned in 4K from Spanish, French and German release prints to create the longest and most comprehensive version known to exist.

Special Features:
Disc 1: Blu-ray
• Prisoner Of Franco-Stein – Interview With Stephen Thrower, Author Of Murderous Passions: The Delirious Cinema Of Jesús Franco
• In The Land Of Franco Part 10
• Spanish Opening Credit Sequence
• Deleted Scene From English Language Version
• Trailer

Disc Specs:
• Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
• Audio: English Mono, Spanish Mono, Italian Mono, German Mono, French Mono
• Closed Captions, English Subtitles
• Region Free
• Run time: 83 mins

Bloodmoon(Blu-ray)
Though it arrived near the end of the cycle, it remains the most satisfyingly depraved – yet least-seen – old-school slasher in Ozploitation history: Someone is butchering students at St. Elizabeth’s Girls School, complete with gratuitous nudity, graphic gore, obnoxious teens, creepy cuckolds, barbed wire garroting, ‘80s Aussie glam-metal band Vice, an acid-flinging nun and heaps more. Leon Lissek (COUNTESS DRACULA), Christine Amor (SNAPSHOT) and Helen Thomson (ELVIS) star in the directorial debut of acclaimed UK cameraman/cinematographer Alec Mills (Polanski’s MACBETH, RETURN OF THE JEDI, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS) with a standout score by Brian May (THE ROAD WARRIOR, PATRICK), now scanned uncut in 4K from the negative at The National Film and Sound Archive of Australia and complete with ‘The BLOODMOON Fright Break Challenge’ for the first time ever in America.

Special Features:

Disc 1: Blu-ray
• Film Buffs Forecast Audio Interview With Actor Leon Lissek Conducted In 2000 By Paul Harris And Mark Hartley
• Interview With Actress Christine Amor From NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD
• Trailer
• Fright Break Trailer
• *Archival Marketing Materials Reproduced On The Reverse Of The Wrap

Disc Specs:
• Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
• Audio: English Mono
• Closed Captions
• Region A
• Run time: 101 mins (without Fright Break) | 103 mins (with Fright Break)

dwk

#468 Post by dwk » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:11 pm

Most recent Severin annoucement,wide release of Spider Labyrinth (dual-formate UHD/Blu-ray and Blu-ray only editions) and the new titles:

HOT SPUR [BLU-RAY]
Having struck gold with shockumentaries like ECCO and MONDO BIZARRO, producer Bob Cresse and writer/director Lee Frost applied their distinctive sleaze aesthetic to a revenge western they advertised as “91 minutes of Freudian fury!” It would soon redefine the ‘roughie,’ be named one of the Top Ten Movies of 1969 by conservative publication National Review, and become one of the most notorious exploitation films in history. Joseph Mascolo (DAYS OF OUR LIVES), Virginia Gordon (THE ANIMAL) and John Alderman (TRADER HORNEE) star in this infamous Olympic International hit now scanned uncut in 4K from the recently rediscovered negative, with Special Features from the Something Weird archive that include the 1963 Frost/Cresse stripper epic HOLLYWOOD’S WORLD OF FLESH and the 1968 nudie-cutie short THE CASTING DIRECTOR starring Bob Cresse and directed by David F. Friedman.

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Vinegar Syndrome's Joe Rubin, Severin Films' Andrew Furtado And Bob Cresse Friend/Former Something Weird General Manager Tim Lewis
  • Recently Discovered Audio Discussion On Frost/Cresse By David F. Friedman And Something Weird Founder Mike Vraney
  • HOLLYWOOD'S WORLD OF FLESH – Early Frost/Cresse Feature (64 mins)
  • THE CASTING DIRECTOR – Rare Short Starring Bob Cresse, Directed By David F. Friedman
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Teaser
Archival Marketing Materials Reproduced On The Reverse Of The Wrap

Disc Specs:
  • Aspect ratio: 1.37:1
  • Closed Captions
  • Region Free
  • Run time: 85 mins
LOLA [BLU-RAY]
It wowed audiences at Locarno, Edinburgh and FrightFest, and won top prizes at Trieste and Sitges. It’s been hailed as “magnetic” (Los Angeles Times), “masterful” (Indiewire) and “deeply disturbing” (Horror Cult Films). Now this “one-of-a-kind gem” (Cinemacy) can be discovered by genre fans everywhere: The year is 1941, and brilliant UK sisters Thomasina (Emma Appleton of THE KILLING KIND) and Martha (Stefanie Martini of PRIME SUSPECT 1973) have created a device that intercepts broadcasts from the future. Besides revealing the coming glories of rock & roll, the invention – which they call ‘Lola’ – also allows them to alter the course of World War II. But will their unmaking of history provoke a lifetime of shocking consequences? Rory Fleck Byrne (THIS IS GOING TO HURT) co-stars in the ingenious debut feature from director/co-writer Andrew Legge that Horror Buzz calls “a bracing sci-fi mind-bender that reminds you why you like movies.”

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Co-Writer/Director Andrew Legge And Producer Alan Maher
  • The Making Of LOLA
  • Outtake – Remember Tomorrow
  • Trailer
  • Short Films By Andrew Legge
  • THE GIRL WITH THE MECHANICAL MAIDEN (2012)
  • THE UNUSUAL INVENTIONS OF HENRY CAVENDISH (2005)
Disc Specs:
  • Aspect ratio: 1.33:1
  • Audio: English 5.1, English Stereo
  • Closed Captions
  • Region A
  • Run time: 79 mins

THE SCAVENGERS
[BLU-RAY]
One year after HOT SPUR forever changed exploitation cinema, writer/producer Bob Cresse and director Lee Frost fused their sex and violence template with the cultural chaos of 1969, then defiled it all in a raw orgy of nihilistic brutality: When a renegade Confederate detachment invades a frontier town, they’ll spark a rampage of sadism, racism, violation and vengeance that still has the power to shock audiences more than half a century later. John Bliss (THE THING WITH TWO HEADS), Maria Lease (LOVE CAMP 7), Bruce Kimball (DRIVE-IN MASSACRE) and Uschi Digard (SUPERVIXENS) star in the final unforgettable Cresse/Frost collaboration, now scanned in 4K from the original camera negative recently discovered in a Paris lab and presented in both its Unrated and R-Rated Release Versions.

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Vinegar Syndrome's Joe Rubin, Severin Films' Andrew Furtado And Temple Of Schlock's Chris Poggiali (Unrated Version Only)
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailer (Hot Version)
  • Our Family Album – Promotional Program Replica
Archival Marketing Materials Reproduced On The Reverse Of The Wrap

Disc Specs:
  • Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
  • Closed Captions
  • Region Free
  • Run time: Unrated Version: 104 mins | R-Rated Version: 94 mins

Finch

#469 Post by Finch » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:35 pm

From Severin's social media:
North American Severin customers, please be advised that Jean-Pierre Mocky’s LITAN will soon be included in a very special box set collection curated by Kier-La Janisse, with exclusive new and archival extras. Stay tuned for an announcement in the near future

ryannichols7

#470 Post by ryannichols7 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:51 pm

considering they announced The Ninth Heart a year ago and we've had no movement on it...

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#471 Post by domino harvey » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:35 pm

Sounds like a sequel or appendix to their Folk Horror box, so I bet it materializes for the holidays like the last one

TechnicolorAcid

#472 Post by TechnicolorAcid » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:08 pm

ryannichols7 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:51 pm
considering they announced The Ninth Heart a year ago and we've had no movement on it...
I think that would mostly pop up in a Juraj Herz box set considering they also have several other films of his work.

ianthemovie

#473 Post by ianthemovie » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:44 pm

Last May [correction: last March] Severin said their editions of Ninth Heart, Morgiana, and Bakeneko would be out "later in the year [2023]", so they're overdue at this point. Soon hopefully.

dwk

#474 Post by dwk » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:34 pm

Today's announcements (all UHDs)
Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker
Cathy's Curse (Includes both the director's cut and R-rated US cut.)
The Devil's Honey
The Great Alligator

dwk

#475 Post by dwk » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:12 pm

The Game of Clones: Bruceploitation Collection Vol. 1 [Exclusive 8-Disc Blu-ray Box Set + Book]
8 DISC COLLECTION INCLUDES
14 RESTORED BRUCEPLOITATION CLASSICS
PLUS THE AWARD-WINNING DOCUMENTARY
ENTER THE CLONES OF BRUCE
WITH 100 PAGE BOOK OF ESSAYS, POSTERS & RARE PHOTOS
AND OVER 24 COMBINED HOURS OF SPECIAL FEATURES

Hours after Bruce Lee’s death, Bruceploitation was born. And for the next 10 years, talented martial artists were enlisted to mimic iconic aspects of Lee’s life, style and mannerisms. Fueled by equal parts deception and demand, these films instead created one of the most wildly entertaining sub-genres in movie history. THE GAME OF CLONES: BRUCEPLOITATION COLLECTION VOLUME 1 now presents 14 of the very best – and frequently very bizarre – films starring Bruce Li, Bruce Le, Dragon Lee, Bruce Liang and more, all restored for the first time ever from original elements. Then in the “fascinating gem of a documentary” (Culture Mix) ENTER THE CLONES OF BRUCE, director David Gregory tracks down the surviving Bruces – along with martial arts legends, producers, directors, distributors, historians and more – to reveal the entire shocking and bittersweet saga behind a celluloid phenomenon that still refuses to die.

Disc 1:
ENTER THE CLONES OF BRUCE (2023)

Runtime: 94 mins
Stereo Audio / English Subtitles, Chinese Subtitles, French Subtitles
Region Free
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Co-Executive Producer/Director David Gregory, Co-Producers Frank Djeng, Vivian Wong And Michael Worth And Director Of Photography Jim Kunz
  • Working At Shaw Brothers – Outtakes With Godfrey Ho, David Chiang, Yasuaki Kurata, Lee Chiu, Lo Meng, Mars And Phillip Ko
  • Bruce Lee And I – Outtakes With Sammo Hung, Phillip Ko, Yasuaki Kurata, Mars, Angela Mao, Andre Morgan, Lee Tso Nam And More
  • The Lost World Of Kung Fu Film Negatives – Outtakes With Godfrey Ho, Joseph Lai, Angela Mao, Lee Tso Nam And Film Preservationists
  • Bruce's Hong Kong – Location Tour With Frank Djeng
  • Severin's Kung Fu Theater With Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth
  • Trailers
Disc 2:
THE CLONES OF BRUCE LEE (1980)

Runtime: 90 mins
English Mono / Closed Captions
Region Free
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Michael Worth And Frank Djeng, Co-Producers Of ENTER THE CLONES OF BRUCE; Bruce Lee Historian Brandon Bentley; Chris Poggiali, Co-Author Of These Fists Break Bricks; Matthew Whitaker, Co-Host Of The Clones Cast; Action Film Historian Mike Leader; Stunt Coordinator/Author John Kreng; And Rick Benn, Brother Of Actor Jon T. Benn
  • The Big Boss Remembered – Interview With Actor Jon T. Benn
  • Severin's Kung Fu Theater With Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth
  • Trailer
ENTER THREE DRAGONS (1978)

Runtime: 87 mins
Region Free
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1

Special Features:
  • Trailer
Disc 3:

ENTER THE GAME OF DEATH (1978)

Region Free

Special Features:
  • Partial Audio Commentary With Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth
  • Scene Specific Commentary With Actor Chi Ling Chiu
  • Kung Fu Movie Hustle – Interview With Chi Ling Chiu
  • Talking A Good Game – Roundtable Discussion With Martial Artists/Kung Fu Film Experts Tatevik Hunanyan, John Kreng, Ron Strong And Michael Worth
  • Severin's Kung Fu Theater With Michael Worth
  • Trailer
GOODBYE, BRUCE LEE: HIS LAST GAME OF DEATH (1975)

Runtime: 83 mins
Region Free

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Frank Djeng, Co-Producer Of ENTER THE CLONES OF BRUCE, With Contributions From Chris Poggiali, Co-Author Of These Fists Break Bricks
  • The Last Kung Fu Picture Show – The Bay Area's Movie Theater Era
  • Radio Spot
  • Trailer
Disc 4:
THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN (1977)

Runtime: 91 mins
Region Free
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Michael Worth And Frank Djeng, Co-Producers Of ENTER THE CLONES OF BRUCE
  • Deleted Scenes From French Version
  • Audio Essay By Cult Cinema Critic Lovely Jon
  • Trailer

BRUCE AND THE IRON FINGER (1979)

Runtime: 89 mins
Region Free

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth
  • My First Bruceploitation – Roundtable Discussion With Martial Artists/Kung Fu Film Experts Tatevik Hunanyan, John Kreng, Ron Strong And Michael Worth
  • Deleted Scenes
  • U.S. Trailer
  • Hong Kong Trailer
Disc 5:
CHALLENGE OF THE TIGER (1980)

Runtime: 89 mins
Region Free

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth And Film Historian C. Courtney Joyner
  • Trailer
CAMEROON CONNECTION (1984)

French Mono / English Subtitles
Region Free

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Writer/Criterion Reflections Podcast Host David Blakeslee
  • Lights... Cameroon... Action! – The Life And Films Of Alphonse Beni
  • 2022 Q&A With Alphonse Beni At Cine Club N'Kah
Disc 6:
SUPER DRAGON: THE BRUCE LEE STORY (1974)

Runtime: 93 mins
Region Free

Special Features:
  • Partial Audio Commentary With Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth
  • TV Spot
  • Trailer
THE DRAGON LIVES (1976)

Region Free

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Actress Caryn White Stedman And Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth
  • Audio Interview With "He’s A Legend, He’s A Hero" Songwriter Anders Gustav Nelsson
  • The Taiwan Connection – Interview With Caryn White Stedman
  • Bruce Biopics – Roundtable Discussion With Martial Artists/Kung Fu Film Experts Tatevik Hunanyan, John Kreng, Ron Strong And Michael Worth
  • TV Spots
Disc 7:
THE DRAGON, THE HERO (1980)

Region Free

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Director Godfrey Ho And Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth
  • Godfrey, The Hero – Interview With Director Godfrey Ho
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Trailer
RAGE OF THE DRAGON (1980)

Region Free

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth With Contributions From Chris Poggiali, Co-Author Of These Fists Break Bricks
  • Kung Fu Theaters – Roundtable Discussion With Martial Artists/Kung Fu Film Experts Tatevik Hunanyan, John Kreng, Ron Strong And Michael Worth
    T
  • railer
Disc 8 (Limited Edition Bonus Disc)(Webstore Exclusive):

THE BIG BOSS PART II (1976)

Cantonese Mono / Burned-In English Subtitles, Burned-In Chinese Subtitles
Region Free

Special Features:
  • Trailer

THE BLACK DRAGON VS. THE YELLOW TIGER (1974)

Runtime: 88 mins
Region Free

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary With Actor/Director/Bruceploitation Expert Michael Worth With Contributions From Actor Clint Robinson
  • Trailer