1072 History Is Made at Night

Discuss releases by Criterion and the films on them. Threads may contain spoilers!
Randall Maysin

Re: 1072 History Is Made at Night

#26 Post by Randall Maysin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:54 pm

Ribs wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:04 pm
Interesting the two features which appear to have been made for this release are 2-3 years old - wonder why this might have been sitting on the shelf for an extended period if they had completed these features so long ago.
Maybe I'm just being an idiot and stating something that already been established, but the Herve Dumont/Cowie segment was filmed the same year, 2018, as the video piece with the same duo that was included on the Moonrise disc -- I'm assuming Criterion shot a whole raft of these thingies for future planned Borzage releases.

movielocke

#27 Post by movielocke » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:08 am

Ribs wrote:
Interesting the two features which appear to have been made for this release are 2-3 years old - wonder why this might have been sitting on the shelf for an extended period if they had completed these features so long ago.
the streaming services, Filmstruck, the Criterion Channel have both featured History is made at night. I think the Nehme extra was on the channel, as an intro to a Borzage package.

schellenbergk

#28 Post by schellenbergk » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:08 pm

movielocke wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:08 am
Ribs wrote:
the streaming services, Filmstruck, the Criterion Channel have both featured History is made at night. I think the Nehme extra was on the channel, as an intro to a Borzage package.
I noticed that the logo preceding one of the extras said “Criterion Channel” rather than Collection. Not sure what if anything this means, just something I noticed...