Frederick Wiseman on DVD

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Ribs

Re: Frederick Wiseman on DVD

#176 Post by Ribs » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:40 pm

The Frederick Wiseman library has been added to Kanopy.

[... with captioning, which I wasn't expecting!]

Oedipax

#177 Post by Oedipax » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:58 pm

dda1996a wrote:$40 for one Blu is nuts imo
Well, the good news I can report is that the Ex Libris BD-R does play in both of my players (Seiki blu & Sony UHD), which is an improvement from the La Danse BD-R that played in absolutely nothing.

Werewolf by Night

#178 Post by Werewolf by Night » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Wiseman’s latest, Ex Libris, about the New York Public Library, is currently available to watch free on the PBS website and app. Will probably be available only for a week or two.

knives

#179 Post by knives » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:05 pm

The website says until Oct. 2.

ianthemovie

#180 Post by ianthemovie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Odd that the Zipporah website has not been updated to acknowledge the existence of Monrovia, Indiana or any of its high-profile festival screenings.

knives

#181 Post by knives » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Werewolf by Night wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:47 pm
Wiseman’s latest, Ex Libris, about the New York Public Library, is currently available to watch free on the PBS website and app. Will probably be available only for a week or two.
Great movie, of course, but so much of it is dedicated to the most annoying people imaginable. I wish it had less of the people giving talks which only worked a couple of times and more emphasis placed on the employees or the disparity between the different branches. That later quality especially really made the film into a powerful and engaging look into now.