Myra Breckinridge (Michael Sarne, 1970)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Lino

Myra Breckinridge (Michael Sarne, 1970)

#1 Post by Lino » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:18 am

I would like to invite Matt to say some words about this cult classic. I know it's one of his favorites and I remember reading something by him on notcoming.com about it. So, Matt if you'll do the honour...

Narshty

#2 Post by Narshty » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:57 am

I would like Annie to stop starting threads asking other people to discuss the films he's ventured while contributing nothing worthwhile himself. This is a discussion forum, not a blog.

Incidentally, Matt's enthusiastic recommendation can be found here.

Lino

#3 Post by Lino » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:02 am

My, we're in a cheerful mood today...

"Incidentally", I might consider writing some words about this later on but I'm quite sure Matt will do better than me, hence my asking him. Meanwhile, go have yourself some herbal tea and calm down, sir.

Michael

#4 Post by Michael » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:17 am

Are you gonna take care of him? :wink:

Narshty

#5 Post by Narshty » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:49 am

Annie Mall wrote:My, we're in a cheerful mood today...

"Incidentally", I might consider writing some words about this later on but I'm quite sure Matt will do better than me, hence my asking him. Meanwhile, go have yourself some herbal tea and calm down, sir.
If you'd made even the cursory effort to locate Matt's review, I doubt I'd have had any real issue, but, in all seriousness, if you can't be bothered to put the faintest trace of effort into the discussion of a film, why should anyone else?

Lino

#6 Post by Lino » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:05 am

Narshty wrote:If you'd made even the cursory effort to locate Matt's review, I doubt I'd have had any real issue, but, in all seriousness, if you can't be bothered to put the faintest trace of effort into the discussion of a film, why should anyone else?
Always the happy chap, ain't ya? You see, I have bothered. In fact, several times though you don't seem to acknowledge that or put any real effort into it. Several people have, thankfully. But not you, unsurprisingly. Here are a couple of examples:

viewtopic.php?t=4161
viewtopic.php?t=4327

As for Myra Breckinridge -- don't worry, I'm working on it. Though the thread as it is, perfectly captures the mood of the film... You'll agree with me, right? I assume you've seen it...

Narshty

#7 Post by Narshty » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:31 pm

Credit where credit's due - you've started two reasonably thoughtful threads in the past two months.

Lino

#8 Post by Lino » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:58 pm

And that's more than you could say about yourself, right?

Oh, well -- as much as I'm having fun with this, let's get back to topic, shall we?

Fletch F. Fletch

#9 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:46 pm

Has anyone listened to the commentary tracks on this disc? I took a listen and there are some pretty amusing results... Director Michael Sarne doesn't hold back on his track as he criticizes Rex Reed's lack of acting ability and proves to be the master of understatement (“She's got a nice figure,â€

cdnchris
Site Admin

#10 Post by cdnchris » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:16 pm

So Rex Reed is as good an actor as he is critic, eh?