Indications of Incoming Indicator Entertainments

Discuss Blu-rays released by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Indications of Incoming Indicator Entertainments

#276 Post by domino harvey » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:48 pm

KJones77 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:28 pm
Anybody recognize this film? It's the clue for this month:

Reminds me of the ending of Le Professionnel, but that's a French movie and we know Indicator doesn't do those. And though he's not in La Profesionnel, the dude on the floor looks like Yves Montand and the shot has gross French restoration written all over it, so like every guess I have for this is already wrong

Craig Wallace

#277 Post by Craig Wallace » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:26 am

It does look like Yves Montand. Since there has been a few Losey films announced by Indicator recently it could be Les Route du Sud (1978).

Dr Amicus

#278 Post by Dr Amicus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:31 am

Well, there's a first time for everything re Indicator doing non-English language films. Assuming it is Montand there (and I've seen precious few of his films but I'd agree it looks like him), I see Losey directed The Roads to the South, a sequel to Resnais' La Guerre Est Finie. Based on the poster image on IMDB, it could be that (however unlikely) - maybe a box set of both films?

KJones77

#279 Post by KJones77 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:12 pm

Apparently an ad in Little White Lies run by Indicator showed one new title: Paul Greengrass' Resurrected.

Powerhouse also submitted two titles to the BBFC, The Mad Magician (link) and The Pirates of Blood River (link).

The latter should confirm that Hammer Vol. 5 is on the way and a user on blu-ray speculated it could include that title plus Sword of Sherwood Forest, Passport to China, and Creatures the World Forgot.

swo17

#280 Post by swo17 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:21 pm

Well Mad Magician sets an awful precedent of giving into terrorists' demands

colinr0380

#281 Post by colinr0380 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:37 pm

It would probably make more sense to save Sword of Sherwood Forest for a Robin Hood set. Similarly Creates The World Forgot for the other prehistoric films, if possible. I would assume that If they are doing The Pirates of Blood River, there could be an opportunity to do an entire period pirate themed Hammer set with The Crimson Blade (also directed by John Gilling) and Captain Clegg (aka Night Creatures in the US).

The best known piracy/seafaring title of course being The Devil-Ship Pirates.