TV of 2018

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Boosmahn

Re: Netflix

#126 Post by Boosmahn » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Netflix has ordered a 10-episode live-action remake of the classic anime Cowboy Bebop

EDIT: Whoops, there's a separate thread for Netflix originals? My bad.

flyonthewall2983

Re: Netflix Originals

#127 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:04 am

Bumping Mics sounds really good.

Aunt Peg

#128 Post by Aunt Peg » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am

I've finally bitten the bullet and subscribed to Netflix. I had already seen some of their films on the big screen like Roma, Casting JonBenet, 21 July, Okja, The Meyerowitz Stories, Private Life & Operation Finale. So far I have watched Amanda Knox, Our Souls at Night, The Ballard of Buster Scruggs & Outlaw King (what a bore that one was). I have about another 20 films I want to watch and two series: Mindhunters & Maniac.

Must say I'm surprised at the excellent visual quality of everything. I just wish they included the directors name on the movies which would make it easier to help determine what to watch.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#130 Post by mfunk9786 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Springsteen on Broadway was really enjoyable and emotional. I don't think it's as perfect as those going to see it on Broadway had made it out to be - some of the rearranged songs don't pack as much punch as they could ("Born in the USA" redone as a shaggy blues number should have been more impactful than it was, but it just didn't really work), and despite his lovely words about her and her strong contributions to a couple of songs, having Patti Scialfa join him on stage was a bit jarring considering the intimacy of the rest of the show. The highs (the opening 45 minutes or so, the anecdote about his father visiting him before his first child was born, the final performance of "Born to Run") were very, very high, though. And it's lovely that he saw fit to have it recorded and released this way so those who couldn't drop 4 figures on tickets could experience it.