Netflix Originals

Discuss TV shows old and new.
soundchaser
No longer chasing skirts

Re: Netflix Originals

#101 Post by soundchaser » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:54 pm

I'm surprised Kimmy Schmidt hasn't generated more discussion around here. Maybe I haven't watched too many comedies of this era, but the tightness of the writing in this one and the broadness of its tone consistently amaze me. And yes, it is much more on-the-nose in its Trump references this season, but I think it works far better than it has in late-nite.

Murdoch

#102 Post by Murdoch » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:00 pm

knives

#105 Post by knives » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Don't know what it says about me that the anime is the first thing I thought of with that sentence.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#106 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:43 pm

There's a great lineage of interesting Arsene Lupin adaptations that Sy now belongs to-- no idea why WB is still sitting on the best, their pre-code version with both Barrymores. That would make an incredible Criterion, but it's way too obscure for them to go for

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#107 Post by domino harvey » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:53 am

Also, I had no idea there was a Netflix French series starring Gerard Depardieu and Benoît Magimel til reading about it in that article. Why is Netflix not recommending me things like this that I'd want to see instead of trying to get me to watch the Mindy Project?

barryconvex

#108 Post by barryconvex » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 am

Just finished both seasons of GLOW. Along with being a tight, entertaining show we get an inspired Alison Brie. Holy shit, i had no idea she had these kind of chops. Picking up an entire series on your back and carrying it to the promised land is no small feat. I can't say enough about her work here. She's an absolute star...