It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 88 Films
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:09 pm 

A question for those of you who own a few of the "Italian Collection" releases.

What is the booklet situation? Are they included with every release? And if so, is it limited to the first pressing only (ala Arrow) or do they keep re-printing the booklets?

I am a big fan of Italian movies on Blu-ray and looking for good releases from a reputable company.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:36 am 

I have a few of the Italian Collection releases but I don't recall any booklets.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:26 pm 

There is no booklet, just a single sheet of thin card with alternative poster art, with other titles from the range on the other side. The only release with a booklet, that I'm aware of, is Zombie Holocaust.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:10 pm 

I have the full range of the Italian Collection and also their Slasher Collection. There are some which came with 4-8 pages worth of leaflets. There is no booklet in any of them. Although most of them came with postcards. Leaflets are provided with the following titles -
#1 Night Train Murders
#2 The Bloodstained Shadow
#5 Zombie Holocaust
#12 Man from Deep river
#14 Burial Grounds

All of these have postcards too.

Unfortunately, their last 5 releases (can't remember the exact numbers), all came with store exclusive slipcovers, but didn't include any postcard or any leaflet.

Surprisingly, their latest release of The Ghost Town, which doesn't belong to these series, came with a thick booklet.

So far, they don't have anything like "limited to the first pressing only", but what they do is that they offer store exclusive slipcover cases for may be first 200 direct buys from their store. You can't get those slipcovers from other retailers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:30 pm 

Many thanks for the detailed reply chatterjees! I think I will limit my purchases to the movies I want, rather than collect all the releases.

I do like their presentation and uniformity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am 

88 have pulled off quite a coup with the worldwide Blu-Ray premiere of Alfred Sole's Alice, Sweet Alice, currently scheduled for a July release and now available to pre-order. Sadly it's not from the original negative scan that Warner Archive have been working on for years that aired on TCM a couple of years ago, but even from a 35mm print, this (extremely spoilery - seriously, don't watch it if you haven't seen the film) restoration demo looks quite good.