Synapse: Dario Argento Limited Editions

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
dwk

Re: Synapse: Dario Argento Limited Editions

#101 Post by dwk » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:49 am

Diabolik DVD also confirmed the date in a Facebook post

dwk

#102 Post by dwk » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Update on Suspiria: t is close to selling out, so it is no longer on the site. If you want to order, you have to call their office. And they should start shipping next week.

Morbii

#103 Post by Morbii » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:05 am

Mine (Suspiria) just shipped.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#104 Post by Drucker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 am

Morbii wrote:Mine (Suspiria) just shipped.
Did you get a shipping notification from CAV?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#105 Post by domino harvey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 am

That must be what it is! I had no earthly idea what the hell CAV was, I thought maybe it was something I ordered from eBay, but apparently mine shipped too!

isakorg2

#106 Post by isakorg2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 am

Ditto here - I just thought it might be one of the multitude of scams that come knocking on my email door. Good to know.

dwk

#107 Post by dwk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Bah. I got my order in early on the day the pre-order went up and I've yet to receive a shipping email.

chatterjees

#108 Post by chatterjees » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Drucker wrote:
Morbii wrote:Mine (Suspiria) just shipped.
Did you get a shipping notification from CAV?
Thanks for the CAV information. I received that email on 12th, but still there is no update available for that tracking number.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#109 Post by domino harvey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:51 pm

They probably have printed out thousands of labels in anticipation of boxing and getting them picked up by USPS trucks, I wouldn't worry yet

Morbii

#110 Post by Morbii » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Yes, CAV (but it seems you guys have figured it out!)

dwk

#111 Post by dwk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Suspiria has sold out

and I still haven't received a shipment email.

MichaelB

#112 Post by MichaelB » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:48 pm

dwk wrote:Suspiria has sold out

and I still haven't received a shipment email.
Mine only came through a couple of hours ago, so I wouldn’t panic just yet.

dwk

#113 Post by dwk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Not panicking. Just a little annoyed to see people that ordered well after I did get their shipment email before I do. (also, unrelated to the Suspiria Blu, I'm annoyed because it appears the hand off between UPS and the USPS seems to have resulted in the loss of a package.)

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#114 Post by tenia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Being in France, I had to order mine from DVD Diabolik, who, to my knowledge, haven't given yet any timing as to when they will dispatch their copies. Do you guys have some info about that ?

dwk

#115 Post by dwk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:22 pm

According to Diabolik's facebook page, they are going to start shipping them out today
SUSPIRIA SHIPPING UPDATE !

We should begin shipping the Suspiria Blu-Rays on 12/15, but they are going to take several days to get them all out the door. I (Jesse) have cleared my entire weekend and brought in some help to work on these. As noted on the website, if you ordered after 12/9 you will likely not be receiving the disc until a bit later. Unfortunately we are not able to answer the question, "WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP?" We will be working on them as fast as humanly possible and emails asking about order status only slows down this process. You will be getting a tracking number from Stamps.com so look for that over the next few days. I know this one of the most anticipated titles in recent memory, so I understand the pain of waiting. If you need to change an address or have a problem, we will answer those emails promptly. Thank you for understanding and for your patience.

MichaelB

#116 Post by MichaelB » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:48 pm

I ordered from Diabolik, received a shipping confirmation about three hours ago and a tracking number shortly after that. I originally placed my order within an hour of the availability of the Suspiria disc being announced way back in August.

MichaelB

#117 Post by MichaelB » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:52 am

...and it's just arrived in Blighty, only a day after the first reports of it reaching US addresses.

I don’t have time to watch the whole thing right now, but I couldn’t rest a peek at the first fifteen minutes, and if the rest of the disc is as good as what I’ve just watched it’s pretty much demonstration quality.

This is the first home video release I’ve seen (and I’ve seen a lot of this particular film, going right back to EMI’s pan-and-scan but uncut Betamax version in the mid-80s) that completely matches my all too vivid memories of two 35mm screenings, but it’s the sound that really astonishes. Tim Lucas has posted that he’s been having problems with the English track (which “sounds too hot and has a lot of raspy metallic background noise around the dialogue”), but I’m not getting that at all, and agree with someone who responded on Facebook that it may be a case that either his player or his receiver may be struggling with the 96KHz/24-bit encode (which has only been bestowed on the English track; the lower-resolution Italian track apparently plays perfectly on his system). Anyway, from my perspective I’ve never heard the film sound so pin-droppingly clear – even when all four speakers are going completely mental the level of detail is extraordinary.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#118 Post by tenia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 am

In some ways, Synapse's Suspiria release seems like the logical end-of-the-year mammoth release to a year in which BD releases went basically mental, especially regarding "fantastic / horror" movies. I'm ending the year by receiving a $70 4K-curated LE of Suspiria and Carrie's Arrow LE, on top of VS's Liquid Sky.

jorencain

#119 Post by jorencain » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:35 pm

I got a shipping notice for “Suspiria” a week ago, and today it suddenly arrived...in Anchorage, Alaska. The problem is that I live in TX. So, I guess it’ll be a little while before I get my hands on this!!

dwk

#120 Post by dwk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:22 pm

An update to my plight, after three emails, I finally got a tracking number (but it is at the label creation phase, so it has't actually shipped.) A really piss poor job by CAV at getting these out in the order they were ordered.

MichaelB

#121 Post by MichaelB » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:25 pm

A quick update to my post: it was Tim Lucas’s equipment (or rather its settings) at fault, not the disc.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#122 Post by swo17 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:27 pm

dwk wrote:A really piss poor job by CAV at getting these out in the order they were ordered.
When did they promise to do that?

dwk

#123 Post by dwk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Synapse posted the following on December 13th:
All web orders for SUSPIRIA should start going out via our distributor, Cav Distributing Corp​, shortly. Many of you have or are about to receive emails with shipping and tracking information (we were previously told there would not be any tracking info, but that seems to not be the case). Copies will go out in the order they were approved/received by Paypal.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#124 Post by swo17 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Fair enough

Luke M

#125 Post by Luke M » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 pm

Mine arrived. I haven’t opened it yet but the steelbook art looks better in person.