It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:29 pm 

Luke M wrote:
John Shade wrote:
I've seen the Wong Kar Wai box guessed a few times, sort of like the Hughes box. Will this end up being like the "Classic Hitchcock" box where individual titles are released, then a box comes? What films do people think will come with either of these potential boxes?

I’d guess Days of Being Wild, Fallen Angels, Happy Together, 2046, and then the previously released In the Mood For Love and Chungking Express.

I’m no longer convinced we’ll see a box set and instead see individual releases. But I’d love to be wrong.

The only Blu-ray double dip had been Playtime in the Tati box, so it was an easy assumption to make that Chungking Express in a new 4K master would be boxed up with all the rest of the WKW films that Janus now controls. But, with the Blu-ray double dip of Monterey Pop, and the fact that In the Mood for Love got the 4K remaster first, I think you're right that these are getting individual releases.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 pm 

But also we've not had a single one of these new releases, which has not been the case. They were probably picked up in relatively close proximity to the Kino Kieslowskis and Hanekes but we've not seen the fruits of these acquisitions at all, which may suggest that they're holding off. I expect Janus will be touring the new restoration of In the Mood for Love first, though, so it may be a bit off either way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:28 am 

Silence of the Lambs
Tom Jones
Dragon Inn
Written on the Wind Blu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 pm 

Dragon Inn
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Other Side of Hope
True Stories
Mishima (upg)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm 

skimming through everyone's guesses, I was reminded Bodies Rest and Motion is supposed to be coming, funny no one seems to be eagerly predicting it. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Was it? Ugh!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:33 pm 

It's been so long I can't remember; what is the situation with the 15th landing midweek? Announcements tonight or Friday?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm 

They’re up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46