It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:42 pm 

teddyleevin wrote:
It's my birthday on 3/3 so I got myself three films all with three syllable titles:

By the way, happy birthday teddyleevin!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:23 pm 

Minkin wrote:
Calm down, its not a flash sale.

But for those, like me, who've written off Barnes & Noble and their death of any kind of coupon that can be used towards Criterions - you're probably likely to turn to the biannual Criterion.com flash sales for your purchases. Thus:

If you buy a Criterion.com gift certificate from now until the end of the year - you get double loyalty points on that gift certificate purchase. So its money you'll spend anyway in the future + you get an additional 10% back out of it (its about the same as a B&N 20% off coupon).

Thanks in part to Mr. Minkin, I was able to get quite a haul during this flash sale. (And I'm within another $10 of my next $50 rewards certificate.) I salute you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:31 pm 

My baggu has arrived with a couple of blurays.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:32 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Those Blu-rays were only thrown in to protect your Baggu during shipping

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:39 pm 

What's cool is that baggu can become a shirto if you open the bottom.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:34 pm 

I wound up upgrading more old DVDs to Blu-ray than I did buying new discs (only ten), and as a result I actually have *more* shelf space after this sale.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:32 pm 

The STALKER art can now be purchased as a poster, for those interested.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 pm 

domino harvey wrote:
domino harvey wrote:
domino harvey wrote:
Just a reminder that given the past couple of years, it's very likely there will be another half off sale at the Criterion Store in the coming weeks
I'll fill in for Domino this time, since he's met his quote within quote (don't make me say quote-ception) limit in phpBB

Browsing the Criterion store, there's a few new things:

Posters available for The Lure + Marseille Trilogy

Criterion / Janus pullover sweatshirts for the ladies

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World is still available on Dual Format on Criterion's website - whereas its now in separate editions everywhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:10 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Disappointed you failed to take the opportunity to use "quote-a"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 am 

We can now add Barry Lyndon and Fire Walk With Me to our carts, but Fire Walk With Me is already on backorder. Throw it in your cart and it seems the order can't be filled until 3 November. I'm guessing the October sale is happening tomorrow, perhaps? (I've never been right yet about this but that doesn't seem to deter me from guessing anyhow).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 pm 

I don't get paid until next Thursday. Criterion needs to wait a week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:15 pm 

Luke M wrote:
I don't get paid until next Thursday. Criterion needs to wait a week.

I was wrong, so my perfect record of always being incorrect still stands. I know nothing about how stock is filled, plus I was excited to see that Barry Lyndon was considered in stock ahead of the 17 October date, so I blurted out "Thursday!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:19 pm 

headacheboy wrote:
We can now add Barry Lyndon and Fire Walk With Me to our carts, but Fire Walk With Me is already on backorder. Throw it in your cart and it seems the order can't be filled until 3 November. I'm guessing the October sale is happening tomorrow, perhaps? (I've never been right yet about this but that doesn't seem to deter me from guessing anyhow).

My guess is announcements today, sale Monday. Criterion did the same thing last October with announcements earlier than the 15th (the 14th) and sale on the 17th.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:09 pm 

Breath easily everyone, Fire Walk With Me is now available to load into the cart.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:44 am 

I tried to put some titles in my cart, but they keep disappearing & my basket ends up empty when I add something new. Anyone else have this problem?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 pm 

Lowry_Sam wrote:
I tried to put some titles in my cart, but they keep disappearing & my basket ends up empty when I add something new. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't believe you can store titles in Criterion's cart.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am 

Some people are again "confirming" the sale by claiming they've somehow received confirmation (as happened last time, too) but the site's been updated to have 3-day shipping instead of next day which is as sure a thing as anything that it'll begin this afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:21 am 

Can confirm sale is today at noon, and if you pre-ordered Barry Lyndon or Fire Walk With Me (as I did) you got a $12 credit.

Email I got last night.

Quote:
You ordered BARRY LYNDON and/or TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME before everyone else. We noticed.

Get this, our 24-hour flash sale starts tomorrow, Tuesday 10/17 at noon Eastern Time, and all in-stock Blu-rays and DVDs will be 50% off the suggested retail price (SRP.)

We wanted you to know because tomorrow is also the release date of BARRY LYNDON and TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME, and as one of the dedicated customers who placed a preorder, we didn’t want you to miss out on the savings. You can use your credit during the sale tomorrow, or at any time in the future.

So set your alarms and alerts and check out criterion.com at noon ET tomorrow, October 17th, for the code.

Happy shopping,

The Orders Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 am 

...just out of curiosity, why did you pre-order the titles direct from Criterion, considering there's usually an October sale anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:40 am 

Ribs wrote:
...just out of curiosity, why did you pre-order the titles direct from Criterion, considering there's usually an October sale anyway?

Loyal customer, dedicated purchaser of Criterion titles from the source, great guy, excellent haircut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 am 

Ribs wrote:

I was about 55 points away from loyalty reward. Paid a little extra upfront for one of my favorite movies, got $50 credit plus this extra promo, so three of the movies I buy today will be free. Good deal to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 am 

This is a common mental accounting fallacy--I can't believe Criterion is rewarding you for it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:22 am 

swo17 wrote:
This is a common mental accounting fallacy--I can't believe Criterion is rewarding you for it!

Of course they would reward them, this way next year, these customers will make the wrong choice again !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:28 am 

But why are they punishing me for being patient and responsible? I still give them hundreds of dollars a year!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 am 

Seriously god bless those of you that are always finding the lowest deals on every site, but it's not something I feel like giving that much thought to. I like buying direct from companies, I hate shopping on Amazon, and so it goes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next