34 / BD 6 La Planète sauvage

Discuss releases by Eureka and Masters of Cinema and the films on them.
swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: 34 Fantastic Planet

#101 Post by swo17 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:30 pm

I think I found a minor issue with the Blu-ray in the dual release for this title. After watching most of the shorts the disc returns to the main menu like you'd expect, but after Comment Wang-Fo Fut Sauvé, my player (an Oppo) just locks up and the only way to get a response is to physically power the player down and then start it back up again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Otherwise though, what a fantastic release!

peerpee
not perpee

Re: BD 6 La planète sauvage

#102 Post by peerpee » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:12 pm

The Blu-ray is identical to the previously released Blu-ray.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#103 Post by swo17 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I suspected it might be, though in any case, this is my first encounter with the Blu-ray.

Jeff Bannow

#104 Post by Jeff Bannow » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 am

I didn't have any issues on my Oppo BDP-93 - could be something with your player cache maybe?

King Hebes

Re: 34 / BD 6 La Planète sauvage

#106 Post by King Hebes » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Does anybody know if Eureka plans to expand beyond region 2 releases? I live in North America and love La Planete Sauvage! There are 0 quality releases here, and all these bonus features look awesome! Also Rene Leloux's other features are inaccessible in North America (no idea why??). My only option to view them would be through Eureka's releases. I would love to see this collection expand and share their quality with the whole globe! I for one think region locking is very stupid and extremely outdated. With the level of connectivity the globe is on now it is time for universal releases, eureka should start paving the way! (I would have liked to have this discussion elsewhere, but I need 5 posts before creating threads.)

Gregory

#107 Post by Gregory » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:58 pm

King Hebes wrote:I live in North America and love La Planete Sauvage! There are 0 quality releases here, and all these bonus features look awesome!
The MoC DVD is there for you. (Want to buy mine? I'll make you a good price.) It's region-free and NTSC, but I wonder how few people in North America have bothered to import it. The Blu-ray is also yours to enjoy if you have a region-free player of course. The other Laloux films are quite obscure in North America. Gandahar got the unfortunate Harvey Weinstein treatment (dubbed and tampered with) and pretty much flopped when Miramax distributed it in the US.
I for one think region locking is very stupid and extremely outdated. With the level of connectivity the globe is on now it is time for universal releases, eureka should start paving the way!
Then have you obtained an all-region player yet? Labels like Eureka are at the mercy of licensors and often can only obtain the rights to do a region 2/B -locked release. It's up to people buying discs to get around the stupid region-locking.
I'd be very surprised if a label as small as MoC started a North American division. Even if they did, I don't think the Region A rights to La Planète Sauvage are available. Maybe Criterion will eventually release it.
Last edited by Gregory on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Hebes

#108 Post by King Hebes » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:57 am

Yes I should just get a region free player. I've just had bad luck so far. Bought one on Amazon that was supposedly region free but didn't test it's region freeness until months after it was too late to return it. Turned out to be a very misleading product on Amazon which others encountered. And even worse, I purchased the Eureka release of this on blu ray! That was when I discovered that I got swindled. And yeah, good points. MoC did have a good message that displays apologizing about the unfortunate circumstances of being region locked.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#109 Post by Drucker » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 am

Banasa

#110 Post by Banasa » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:45 pm

Per https://www.instagram.com/p/C4LV9d-syqb/, the blu-ray is a soon-to-be-deleted title.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#111 Post by Drucker » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:00 pm

There's a counter on the website. 75 left it says.