Twilight Time / Redwind

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
TMDaines

Re: Twilight Time

#326 Post by TMDaines » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 am

Looked like "The Furm" to me.

Adam X

#327 Post by Adam X » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:33 am

They apparently confirmed on f******k that Christine will have all the DVD extras carried over, which is much appreciated.
I actually like the cover for The Fury, font included - though it could maybe do without the digital lens flare. The world can always do without fake lens flares.

doc mccoy

#329 Post by doc mccoy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 pm

david hare wrote:Yeah, I realize it's a complete con, but I was one of many people here who got badly burnt years ago by orders that never arrived from DeepDiscountDVD. A friend of mine reckons he lost a fortune in disputed non arrivals from these people.
I just wish someone else sold their damn titles.
I'm not sure that you're aware of this David, but SAE are also an Amazon UK marketplace seller - Amz UK has the safe buying gurantee. Only trouble is - they're only selling some of the earlier releases and not the more recent ones like Enemy Mine and the Flints; the most recent one is the Big Heat, I think.

Gregory

#330 Post by Gregory » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I'd hoped that rumors of a totally revived Fox Studio Classics line were true and that Fox would be handling Blu releases of titles like Song of Bernadette and Leave Her to Heaven themselves. Due to budget constraints, I'll just wait several more months to see if Region B releases come out.

pointless

THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943)

#331 Post by pointless » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:44 am

Cover art:

Booklet art:

Last edited by pointless on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What A Disgrace

#332 Post by What A Disgrace » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:13 am

That will never out-rubbish the cover art for The Furmnm, but its still pretty dull.

dwk

#333 Post by dwk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 am

From their facebook page:
Ssssshhhh....(we have another DePalma in the pipeline) ...keep watching this space.

captveg

#334 Post by captveg » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 am

Possibilities:

Sony: Body Double (1984), Casualties of War (1989), Obsession (1976)

Fox: Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Graham

#335 Post by Graham » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 am

Hoping it's Body Double as Obsession and Phantom... are already out on blu and Casualties... is likely to get a release at some point.

pointless

Re: Christine (1983)

#336 Post by pointless » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Preorders for Christine started today and it looks like SAE may sell out all 3000 copies in one day.

They had a ten copy limit per individual when I ordered.

UPDATE: it was just changed to a two copy limit for Christine.

HJackson

#337 Post by HJackson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Graham wrote:Hoping it's Body Double as Obsession and Phantom... are already out on blu and Casualties... is likely to get a release at some point.
I haven't bought any of Twilight Time's releases yet because of the ridiculous price (tempted by Swamp Water), but I'd order a bluie of Body Double in a heartbeat. One of De Palma's finest films, in the same league as the three masterpieces directly preceding it.

captveg

#338 Post by captveg » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm

I ordered Christine and The Big Heat, which are the only two films they've released so far that I feel inclined to own (and it took a year after seeing The Big Heat and wanting to watch it again to come to that conclusion).

I'll definitely be getting The Driver when it goes up for order.

I also ordered a copy of Bell Book and Candle for a friend of mine who is a huge Jimmy Stewart fan.

Rupert Pupkin

#339 Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:10 am

sorry, but I'm not familiar with fessebook...
since I've ordered several T.Time title, I'm a subscriber to their mailing list and receive their emails...

do we already know what will be the pre-order day for :
- Leave Her To Heaven ???
- The Driver

I... :oops: Gene Tierney :oops: :oops: :oops: and would be :cry: if I miss this title...

I've checked ebay, there's a lot of Christine T.T (it's """funny""" that they are selling around $ 100 a title in pre-order status on ebay (which, could be for instance delayed or canceled by T.T), most of the reseller are "pro" resellers.
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff

#340 Post by Jeff » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm

From Twilight Time's Facebook
UPCOMING DATES FOR YOUR DIARIES:

Friday, March 1st - THE SONG OF BERNADETTE goes up for pre-order at 4 pm EST.

Friday, March 8th - now that SAE have had a chance to process all the orders for CHRISTINE, as normally happens there are cancellations -- this means a limited quantity of CHRISTINE will be available again for sale. These will retail at the usual $29.95 and will be limited to one copy per customer.
Also, we are very pleased to announce that actor / director Keith Gordon will be signing a limited quantity of promotional copies. The autographed copies will be given away FREE to any customer who purchases $100 dollars worth or more, of TT product. ($100 dollars equals one free copy, $200 dollars equals 2 free copies and so on.)
Both the signed and unsigned regular retail copies will go up at 4 pm EST. (Set your alarm clocks!)

Friday, March 15th - we are very proud to announce MAJOR
DUNDEE (our first 2-disc set) will be available for pre-order at 4 pm EST. (Disc 2 will present on Blu-ray the original theatrical cut, never before released on a digital format. It was last issued on laserdisc in the mid-nineties.)

Please feel free to share this info with all your friends -- we don't want anyone to say they didn't know about it!

knives

#341 Post by knives » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm

I will say if there is one film to buy from these gougers Rapture's it. Just beyond amazing.

EddieLarkin

#342 Post by EddieLarkin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm

And one of the few truly worth the price tag, if you ask me. The Blu-ray is after all it's very first home video incarnation, a film I imagine practically no one had even heard of or remembered until the director asked TT to dig it up. The other lost and forgotten titles (Wayward Bus, Sound and the Fury) are generally middling affairs, but Rapture could easily have earned a place in the Criterion or MoC catalog if it was more well known. As it is, I don't think TT will be able to sell all copies of Rapture within their 3 year contract period and they no doubt knew this going in, so that at least is a testament to this partly being a labour of love, rather than a soulless cash grab.
Last edited by EddieLarkin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

peerpee
not perpee

#343 Post by peerpee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 pm

RAPTURE's brilliant. Yes, could easily have been a Criterion/MoC/BFI.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#344 Post by mfunk9786 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 am

Well I bought it, so you all win. For those of you that like ordering from Amazon (I use their 6 months interest free credit card for the cash back promotion(s) whenever I can), Twilight Time sells this title (among others I suppose!) through Amazon Marketplace for right around the same price including shipping as their website. Actually I think it ended up a few cents cheaper overall. Thanks for bringing this film to my attention, most exciting blind buy in a while!

captveg

#345 Post by captveg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:55 am

FYI:

For what it's worth, Twilight Time will be releasing a 1950s 3-D film in early 2014.

Apparently this is a Sony title, and believed to be either Miss Sadie Thompson or The Mad Magician.

Matt

#346 Post by Matt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:18 am

Add my voice to the chorus of those praising Rapture: it's a major rediscovery. Astounding to think that a major studio released this in 1965. Though the TT transfer is excellent, I wish that Criterion had released it: it cries out for contextualization, and two paragraphs on the film's production and release in a short essay that otherwise consists of plot summary liberally sprinkled with superlatives (performances are "immaculately judged," frames are "perfectly composed," the scarecrow is "superb") is simply insufficient. The author of the essay makes mention of Patricia Gozzi's current workplace - how nice it would have been to hear Gozzi comment on the film 40 years on? Yes, I know, BUSINESS MODEL, etc. That doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Dylan

#347 Post by Dylan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:18 am

So very great it is to read praise for Rapture! For some reason I thought I was the only person on this forum who'd seen it. Out of over 200 movies I watched in 2011, this was the very-very greatest of them, and easily one of my top 20 from the 1960s. Just an amazing film, with Patricia Gozzi giving what has become one of my favorite film performances (equal to her work in my all-time favorite film, Sundays and Cybele). I will certainly make this a spotlight title (alongside Sundays and Cybele) in the forum's 1960s thread when I have the time to write about both films. I also agree that there are many stones unturned in regards to researching and analyzing this film outside of Kirgo's (rather limited in scope) essay on the blu.

The Fanciful Norwegian

#348 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:14 am

Another TT title--Philadelphia, due in May--is getting a German release from Sony on June 13th. Not that I think it's in much demand around these parts, but this is the third Sony-licensed title to get a German release from Sony themselves (after The Blue Lagoon and As Good as It Gets) and in this case it was announced well before the TT edition came out. The Fisher King (released in the U.S. by Image) and On the Waterfront are also due out on the same day.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#349 Post by mfunk9786 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 am

Wow wow wow. Thanks to everyone for the Rapture recommendation. One of the better films I've seen, period. It's such a fully realized artistic vision that, while I agree with Matt, really stands on its own despite its obscurity. If it ever passed across Criterion's desk and they passed, they should be embarrassed.

pointless

The Song of Bernadette - pre-order heads up

#350 Post by pointless » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 pm

The Song of Bernadette will be available for pre-order tomorrow, March 1st at 4pm EST at screenarchives.com.

Cancelled orders for Christine will be available for pre-order March 8th at 4pm EST. One per customer.