Waitress (Adrienne Shelly, 2007)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Cinesimilitude

#1 Post by Cinesimilitude » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:25 am

Looks cute, should certainly be a better last film than Anna Nicole had.

Antoine Doinel

#2 Post by Antoine Doinel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:15 am

The trailer starts off okay but then veers quickly into unabashed chick flick territory.

Mr Pixies

#3 Post by Mr Pixies » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:57 am

RIP Mrs. Shelly.

I saw a BEBE ad at a bus stop and thought it was her, just looked it up and it was Mischa Barton. It doesn't look like Adrienne Shelly online, but it really looked like her at the bustop, and it made me sad.

I have only seen her film Sudden Manhattan, it was fun enough.

Cinesimilitude

#4 Post by Cinesimilitude » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:18 am

Antoine Doinel wrote:The trailer starts off okay but then veers quickly into unabashed chick flick territory.
I like chick flicks, and I like Nathan Fillion. I'll check it out at some point, but I doubt it will make it to theaters here.

Antoine Doinel

#5 Post by Antoine Doinel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:34 am

I will agree with you on Nathan Fillion. A great actor who unfortunately has been largely underutilized or been in projects that really should've reached larger audiences (ie. Firefly/Serenity).

tavernier

#6 Post by tavernier » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:07 pm

I never watched Felicity, but Keri Russell was superb in Neil LaBute's play "Fat Pig" when it was done off-Broadway a couple years ago with Jeremy Piven. Maybe she should just do live theater (she looked incredible in person as well).

Polybius

#7 Post by Polybius » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:30 am

I always liked Adrienne. Her quirkiness seemed much more natural than the norm.

Her Homicide episode, where she played the girl who worked at the leather store and was into BDSM, was a classic, even by that shows high standards.

jorencain

#8 Post by jorencain » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:09 pm

I also caught this a couple days ago and really enjoyed it. I will be shocked if this doesn't get a much wider release - it's really a good date movie and I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it to some degree. Keri Russell IS very good in this, and the melancholy tone is really effective.