New Films in Production

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
DrewReiber

#51 Post by DrewReiber » Sun May 29, 2005 2:55 am

Just a general question in terms of new production posting.

I've been updating the "Masters of Horror" thread on this subsection of the board for months, due to so many feature projects under that label. I also started posting other related projects (usually features) to that same thread when the participating filmmakers were from that same group. This mean similar anthologies and upcoming seperate projects (Argento, Carpenter, etc.).

Would you guys prefer it if I continued posting related articles there or if I moved them to this thread? I have a crapload of production updates for both MoH and related filmmakers to post, but I want to make sure it's done properly so everyone is happy.

Administrators and fellow forum posters, what should I do?
Martha wrote:
goofbutton wrote:INFERNAL AFFAIRS - Scorsese.

Isn't his version going to be an amalgam of all 3 films in the series?
Sorry about the late response, but last time I checked the film was a complete reworking rather than a sequel. Scorsese never saw the film or took an interest in it, and as the script supposedly took a different turn they decided to change the title to The Departed. I dunno, sounds like this is going to be to Infernal Affairs what The Magnificent Seven was to Seven Samurai... if not more distinct.

Dylan

#52 Post by Dylan » Tue May 31, 2005 3:08 am

An interesting new interview with Brian De Palma on his newest film "The Black Dahlia" (currently filming in Sofia, Bulgaria, with Vilmos Zsigmond as cinematographer) can be found here.

De Palma hasn't been assigned such an interesting project in ages (and it sounds like this may be his greatest film in years). I'm certainly looking very forward to it.

solaris72

#53 Post by solaris72 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:09 pm

The first art from Painkillers is up.

I'm really looking forward to this. Spider was, in my opinion, Cronenberg's best film yet, showing a lot of growth for him as a director (which isn't to say I don't love his earlier work). I've heard good things about A History of Violence, which looks to be a little more commercial than say, Spider or Crash (then again, what isn't?) But good for him, though...if he's going to make a commercial movie, I'm glad he's using that influence to get even more resources ($35m, his biggest budget yet) for his own script, Painkillers. I do feel kind of sorry for the sap who invested $35m in a science fiction film about surgery as a performance art, though.

neuro

#54 Post by neuro » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:49 pm

According to yahoo.com, the long-discussed Simpsons movie has entered preproduction.

Just wanted to share with you all this bit of useful information from the set of Scorsese's The Departed, courtesy of imdb:
Jack Nicholson helped re-write the script for his new movie with legendary director Martin Scorsese, because he felt the sex scenes needed spicing up...A source tells the New York Daily News, "Jack didn't feel there was enough Jack in his character. Jack actually did some of the writing himself." The insider adds of the sex scenes, "Jack suggested using a (prosthetic appendage). He also wanted to dust the a** of one of the actresses with cocaine. Marty said, 'Go for it!'" A Warner Bros spokesman adds, "It's not at all uncommon for dialogue to be fine-tuned during production. Everyone is extremely pleased with the way this shoot is proceeding."
Oh, those wacky folks in Hollywood!

Andre Jurieu

#55 Post by Andre Jurieu » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:29 pm

I'm wondering if the source in that NY Daily News article is actually Jack himself. It makes for an interesting read to think of Jack supplying the reporter with the info and referring to himself in the third-person while doing so, especially because of his voice. Still, dusting an actress's ass with coke is something I imagine Jack has had some experience with in the past... but I'm not sure if it was with Lara.

Jem

#56 Post by Jem » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:07 pm

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Blanchett returns to the throne
By Chris Hastings
June 23, 2005

Cate Blanchett is to reprise her role as the Virgin Queen in a $47 million sequel to the 1998 film Elizabeth.

The film, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, will detail the Tudor monarch's tempestuous relationship with Sir Walter Raleigh and suggest Elizabeth was infatuated with the courtier and adventurer. Clive Owen, the brooding star of Closer and Sin City, is to play Sir Walter Raleigh. The exact nature of the Queen's relationship with Raleigh, which was the talk of the Elizabethan Court, continues to fuel speculation. Some historians believe that the Queen's extravagant largesse towards the former soldier, by granting properties and trading monopolies, was proof of a deep infatuation. There is also ample evidence to suggest that she was jealous of his relationships with other women. He was thrown in the Tower for a time after he had seduced one of her ladies in waiting. For his part, Raleigh, who described himself as "wholly gentleman and wholly soldier", never missed an opportunity to flatter Elizabeth in public. A source close to the film, which will be directed by Shekhar Kapur, who also directed Elizabeth, says the casting of Blanchett and Owen is the stuff of cinema magic. "These are two stars who are capable of generating some real electricity," he says. "We are talking about two of the most beautiful people to grace the big screen." While the pairing should prove a winner at the box office, it is unlikely to go down well with Elizabethan experts. Jane Dunn, the biographer who wrote the acclaimed Elizabeth and Mary: Cousins, Rivals, Queens, says she welcomes Blanchett's decision to reprise the role but is worried that Owen's involvement in the sequel might mean that the producers are "trying to sex things up". She says there is no evidence to suggest that Elizabeth slept with Raleigh or "any other man on the make". "I loved what Cate did in the first film because I think she was extremely moving in the lead role," she says. "Having said that, the history in the first film was bunkum. The remarkable thing about Elizabeth was not that she jumped into bed with every man she met but that she so effectively resisted temptation."

Telegraph, London

Matt

#57 Post by Matt » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:52 pm

I normally don't get too offended by Hollywood remakes, but surely this is going too far.

devlinnn

#58 Post by devlinnn » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:02 pm

I normally don't get too offended by Hollywood remakes, but surely this is going too far.
Far too far, but at least the critics can use the title of the film as their headline - always a fave.

Jem

#59 Post by Jem » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:05 pm

Capone reloads: Par, De Palma gunning for 'Untouchables' prequel

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Variety

Brian De Palma has returned to the scene of the crime for "The Untouchables: Capone Rising," a Paramount PicturesParamount Pictures prequel to his 1987 hit film about lawman Eliot Ness's takedown of Al Capone.

De Palma has joined forces with "Untouchables" producer Art LinsonArt Linson, with whom he recently worked on "The Black Dahlia," which was just acquired by Universal PicturesUniversal Pictures.

Linson got the prequel going at ParPar, drafting "Rounders""Rounders" scribes Brian KoppelmanBrian Koppelman and David LevienDavid Levien to write a film that centers on young Al Capone's arrival in Chicago and his rise to criminal kingpin status. The drama charts his collision course with Irish cop Johnny Malone, the character played in the original pic by Sean ConnerySean Connery. Antoine FuquaAntoine Fuqua was originally attached to direct.

De Palma became interested in the subject matter over the past two months. The director and Linson will continue developing the project with the scribes. Their hope is to get the prequel into production next year.

John Linson will serve as exec producer.

Fletch F. Fletch

#60 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:04 pm

Oh, dear lord...

From Empire magazine:
Last but only probably least is Road House 2, the sequel to the 1989 Patrick Swayze classic. In the original, the mulleted one played a tough "cooler" employed to manage bouncers and keep a rowdy road house under control, while sweeping the girls off their feet with his twinkling toes and fancy dance moves (What's that? Different film? Oh well, no one will notice). The sequel will take up where the first film left off, but we don't know if Swayze himself will be back. The writer for that, Scott Ziehl, worked on Demon Hunter; Cruel Intentions 3 and the fabulously monikered TV movie Earth vs. the Spider (which, fact fans, has no less than five credited writers).
Paramount Plans Oliver Stone Film On Sept. 11 Attacks
By William Booth, Washington Post Staff Writer, Saturday, July 9, 2005; Page C01

LOS ANGELES -- Paramount Pictures announced Friday that it will finance and distribute an as-yet-unmade film about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York, to be directed by Oliver Stone, no stranger to controversy, and starring Nicolas Cage.

If the movie does get made -- always a big if in this town -- it might be the first major-studio, high-dollar Hollywood production about 9/11 to find its way to the multiplex.

Paramount rushed out its announcement of the deal after the Hollywood trade paper Variety reported on it Friday, linking it to the terror attacks in London, which Variety said came "at a time when Hollywood seems ready -- finally -- to tell the tale of Sept. 11."

The Paramount movie will focus on the true story of the rescue of two Port Authority police officers trapped in the rubble of the World Trade Center. "The film," the studio promised in its statement, "is a portrayal of how the human spirit rose above the tragic events of that day."

A number of smaller films, TV shows and documentaries -- Michael Moore's wildly successful "Fahrenheit 9/11" being the most notable -- have addressed the attacks on New York and the Pentagon specifically, and terrorism in general. The FX network television show "Rescue Me," starring Denis Leary and now in its second season, deals with a New York Fire Department crew struggling to overcome its losses that day. The subject of terrorists running amok informs the story line on the popular Fox series "24," starring Kiefer Sutherland. In June, NBC scrapped plans for a 9/11 miniseries, but ABC still has one in the works. On the big screen, Sigourney Weaver starred in the indie film "The Guys" in 2002, which dealt with a fire captain's eulogy for eight of his lost men.

But there has not been a major Hollywood release. Part of the reason is logistics -- it can take several years to produce a feature film. And part has been the reluctance of studio executives to jump into the emotions of that day.

"The thinking is that the movies have to be very responsible because we're all feeling destabilized, still," says Mark Urman, head of ThinkFilm Theatrical, an independent film distributor based in New York. Urman says it makes sense that a major studio release would focus on the heroic actions of the police and fire departments. "It will likely not alarm or distress. It won't make people feel uncomfortable," because the point is to make an entertainment that makes money at the box office, "and does not send audiences screaming from the theaters."

There are rumors of dozens of other 9/11 films in development in Hollywood. Columbia Pictures bought the rights for the best-selling book "102 Minutes" by New York Times reporters Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn, which re-creates the panic and bravery at the twin towers as office workers were trapped or fled and rescuers poured into the buildings to bring as many people as possible to safety. But a Columbia studio executive Friday said that the film has not been given the green light, no star or director is attached to the project, and they are only in the earliest stages of drafting screenplays.

The Paramount project doesn't yet have a co-star to pair with Cage, who will play Sgt. John McLoughlin, one of the two Port Authority officers. The studio released no timetable for shooting the film. Hollywood films still in development have a long tradition of stopping and starting production, as directors and actors come aboard or drop out of projects.

Stone, who was traveling from Europe to the United States and could not be reached for comment, was quoted in the Paramount press release emphasizing that the screenplay is "an exploration of heroism in our country -- but is international at the same time in its humanity."
Filming Begins For 'Miami Vice'

MIAMI -- Shooting for the movie "Miami Vice" began Monday on South Beach.

In its first day of production, the set was off limits to the public, but that didn't stop the curious from trying to sneak a peek.

"This is exciting because I love Crockett from 'Miami Vice' and Tubbs," tourist Sanoy Flemming said.

The stars of the movie -- Colin Farrell, who plays Crockett, and Jamie Foxx, who plays Tubbs -- were on the set to film a club scene at Mansion on South Beach.

Monday's shoot included 900 extras, most of whom were from South Florida.

"I got to go on the set and I saw Jamie Foxx. He is so cute," extra Stacey Fequire said. "We're having fun out here."

The stars of the movie are also having fun on South Beach. They added a party at the Delano Hotel on Friday with director Michael Mann.

"'Miami Vice' was a culture," Foxx said. "It made me change the way I dress and the way I talk to a girl. I am looking forward to it."

Farrell said he is enjoying South Florida, but he could do without the steamy weather.

"It's getting sticky," Farrell said. "At the end of the day I look like a Spaniard sometimes and I am Irish. It's killing me."

Mann says the movie will be a new "Miami Vice" that will not include the pastel-colored suits.

"It's a completely different integration of all that's great about Miami," Mann said. "What's the same is the atmosphere and the attitude is the same and everything about Miami that is so voluptuous."

Production of the movie will soon hit Interstate 95. It will be shut down overnight from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on July 5-7.

devlinnn

#61 Post by devlinnn » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:46 pm

So that's three great American directors heading into what should be their golden years (Mann, DePalma and Scorsese) working on retreads/remakes for mass-market, 2006 consumption. Are they that desperate for money and fame still?

Gordon

#62 Post by Gordon » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:23 am

I wonder if Stone's film will show the basement expolosion on 9/11 that hit William Rodriguez, who was a hero that day, but has been ignored by the media, as his story contradicts the "official" story.

I doubt it.
Road House 2
There is a God! And a Devil, apparently. Actually, Road House is a guilty pleasure. Swayze is such a tool. Always good for a laugh. Hope he returns for the sequel.

Fletch F. Fletch

#63 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:23 pm

Gordon McMurphy wrote:There is a God! And a Devil, apparently. Actually, Road House is a guilty pleasure. Swayze is such a tool. Always good for a laugh. Hope he returns for the sequel.
With the mullet intact. #-o

Jem

#64 Post by Jem » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:26 am

Walk the Line (James Mangold, 2005)
Last edited by Jem on Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arcadean

#65 Post by Arcadean » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:48 pm

Werner Herzog is doing an English language film now (Rescue Dawn). He will be the director AND writer. It stars Christian Bale with Steve Zahn signed up in a supporting role. Hans Zimmer (*grimace*) is composing the music. No cinematographer has been named yet but IMDb says filming will start August 1st of this year so I think they probably have one picked out. IMDb lists that they are aiming for a March 2006 release. I'm not sure if a film like this can get there that quickly.

IMDb synopsis:
A US Fighter pilots epic struggle of survival after being shot down on a mission over Laos during the Vietnam War.

IMDb trivia:
This film is based on Werner Herzog's 1997 documentary 'Little Dieter Needs To Fly'.

There isn't much info on it yet but it sounds exciting. Bale, in a Terrence Malick movie coming out later this year and just coming off the success of Batman, The Machinist and the cult hit Equilibrium seems to be getting a lot of attention.

Gordon

#66 Post by Gordon » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:44 pm

New adaptation of Daphne Du Maurier's, Don't Look Now by Andrea Berloff.

Remake of the 1986 film, The Hitcher, based on Eric Red's original screenplay.

Fletch F. Fletch

#67 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:23 pm

From the Hollywood Reporter by way of the Chicago Sun-Times:
August 6, 2005

The director who recounted the travels of young Che Guevara in "The Motorcycle Diaries" is hitting the pavement again.

Walter Salles will direct a feature adaptation of the Jack Kerouac classic On the Road. "Diaries" screenwriter Jose Rivera is adapting the book.

The 1957 novel, which played a role in giving rise to the Beat movement, is narrated by Kerouac's thinly veiled alter ego Sal Paradise, who gets inspired to hit the road and see America.

The story follows his ups and downs as he hitchhikes, hops trains, meets other travelers, struggles for meals and explores the themes of freedom and longing.

American Zoetrope, the studio founded by Francis Coppola, has owned the film rights to the novel since 1979. According to Coppola, the novel has had many suitors over the years.

''The book is inherently difficult to adapt to the screen, and we've never quite found the right combination of director and writer to do it justice until now,'' Coppola said.

Casting and production is expected to begin in 2006.

''On the Road is a seminal book that gave voice to a whole generation -- capturing its hunger for experience, unwillingness to accept imposed truths and dissatisfaction with the status quo,'' Salles said. ''It is as modern today as it was four decades ago.''
Third times the charm?

From Empire magazine:
Kidman Versus The Bodysnatchers

Nicole set for Invasion
29 July 2005

We're running out of ways to say “a remake of a 70s horror movieâ€

ben d banana

#68 Post by ben d banana » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:07 pm

What about this? I said, "It looks like a cross between Lost and Invasion of the Body Snatchers" before the title came up when I saw the ad last night.

And yes, thee Shaun Cassidy.

Matt

#69 Post by Matt » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:06 pm

Tilda Swinton as Nico? Yes, please!

Jem

#70 Post by Jem » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:39 pm

Tilda Swinton as Nico? Yes, please!
A film about Nico? cool. Tilda will be great, though I think Cate Blanchett could do a better drag voice.

Toshiro De Niro

#71 Post by Toshiro De Niro » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:11 am

When I saw a trailer to The New World it right away reminded me of The Thin Red Line and I started to think when Terrence Malick is going to make his 4th movie... To my astonishment by the end of the trailer I found out that The New World IS his next movie.

Just like since Terrence Malick's last movie it's been 7 years since Terry Gilliams last movie (fear and loathing in LV).

The third movie I'm pretty excited about is Sam Mendes' Jarhead.

sorry if any or all of them were already mentioned here.

Fletch F. Fletch

#72 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:33 pm

From The Guardian:
Spinal Tap team take on the Oscars

The creators of This Is Spinal Tap will push it up all the way to 11 when they take on the film industry in their next project. And Ricky Gervais is helping them.

Christopher Guest, aka dim-witted guitarist Nigel Tufnel, is to direct a mock documentary about an indie film crew whose hopes of fame and glory are raised by the prospect of an Oscar nomination. Entitled For Your Consideration, the movie will also send up the Oscars and the rest of the awards season.

Eugene Levy, better known as American Pie's eager dad, will co-direct with Guest. Levy will also play the part of a talent agent working for the DOA, the Dorfman Orphkin Agency, with Guest co-starring as the film's director.

Ricky Gervais will jump on board, making a cameo appearance. The cast also features Spinal Tap's David St Hubbins, or Michael McKean, and actors from previous Guest films (A Mighty Wind, Best in Show) such as Parker Posey and Bob Balaban.
From FilmForce:
IGN: A Dame to Kill For is supposed to be the focus of the second film. Will you interpolate other stories into that narrative as you did with the first Sin City?
Miller: It's going to be A Dame to Kill For and I'm right now crafting a new story that's going to be weaved in through it, and what I have in mind involves Nancy Callahan after Yellow Bastard, and it's kind of a shocking new version of Nancy.
From Cineuropa:
Angel A: the secret film of Luc Besson

The veil rises bit by bit on Angel A, the 9th feature by French filmmaker Luc Besson, interpreted by Jamel Debbouze. The rumour, fuelled by exhibitors at the recent Cannes festival, became more solid this summer with talk of a 7 week shoot in Paris according to the French cinema monthly Première. Described as a romantic comedy by its principal actor, the film brings together a cast of Gilbert Melki (Crustacés et coquillages, Les Temps qui changent) and no doubt Sara Forestier (L'Esquive). The only certainty for a production protected by a total media black-out is that the film will be in black and white and see the return behind the camera of Luc Besson after a six year absence (Jeanne d'Arc - 1999).

Absorbed by the development of his production, distribution and international sales company EuropaCorp, the director also has in production the animated film Arthur et les Minimoys, adaptation of the book written by himself and set for theatrical release in December 2006. As for Angel A it will be distributed in France on the 21st December, with a huge total of 900 prints. The filmmaker has chosen Jamel Debbouze, a very popular comedian who decided to speed up his film career having exploded on to the scene with Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain in 2001 and Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cleopatra in 2002. Appearing last year in She Hate Me by Spike Lee, Jamel Debbouze will also appear in 2006 in Indigènes by Rachid Bouchareb, currently in post-production, with a cast of Roschdy Zem, Samy Nacéri and Sami Bouajila.

Kirkinson

#73 Post by Kirkinson » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:02 pm

Sequelitis invades Russia:

If this web site can be trusted, it appears that Georgi Daneliya, having just turned 75 years old, is working on a scenario for a computer-animated sequel to his cult classic Kin-Dza-Dza.

What follows is the nearly unintelligible translation from Babelfish. Perhaps if we have any Russian-speakers here they can confirm or deny any assertions about this article, or shed some light on things that didn't translate.
The planet Of plyuk will populate the heirs Of shreka

Director Georgiy danelii today is fulfilled 75 years. On the eve of the anniversary the author with all of the dear film "Keen -Dza-Dza" described to correspondents "KP" that he is going to make rimeyk of his own tape, yes besides simple, but animated cartoon! Now it works with the entire command of animatorov, but nothing he tells about the subject of future mul'tika.

"thus far it is taken not one sequence, deceives by cunning director. - but work occurs to the utmost extent - we sketch, we sketch, write new music, invent new characters ". The heroes of new history about the galaxy "Keen -Dza-Dza" will become inoplanetyane. Daneliya it considers that some to chatlane and patsaki contemporary public will not satisfy, if not at all they disappoint. Violinist in our time proved to be it was not necessary. However, he, without having agreed, foggily concludes: "thus far about everything to say somewhat early".

His picture "Keen -Dza-Dza" Of daneliya in the eightieth was called "gloomy kinoutopiyey", today it answers about it somewhat differently. As director acknowledges, him suddenly stretched to the strange genre of fantastic comedy, to it came to mind the idea to show real newcomers. There are no not ideal inoplanetyan with the unthinkably high intellect, into whose of head the visionary- classicists put the inventive plans of the destruction of humanity or, on the contrary, wise manuals to kind human, Daneliyu did not entice the thought to screen one of the science fiction masterpieces. Did not please themselves it the contemporary means of newcomers - rough, severe and deformed monsters. To inoplanetyane had to come out present.

"I we posed to ourselves the question: what will reach the civilization, if it is be developed in the same way as as our? Appeared the planet Of plyuk, where the inhabitants destroyed everything, remained one sand..."

It would seem, this picture had to meet the mass of obstacles in Goskino. The then minister of cinema Of kamshalov, turning over the pages scenario "Keen -Dza-Dza", he said: "if this would be not your scenario, 4 this nonsense it would throw to read on the first page!" According to Danelii, Kamshalov there was great master on the part of "apparatus materka", therefore, certainly about its work he answered considerably more lashingly. As a result the officials, who not know were understood, waved by hand, and it was possible to neglect film.

On the surveys, recalls Georgiy Nikolayevich, continually occurred any absurdities: that decoration will catch fire, the pepelats will be covered on one side. By the way, pepelatsem was connected amusing history - instead of, sending of chatlanskiy flight vehicle into Karakumy, where surveys were passed, they drove away it into Vladivostok. To the searches for properties they sent the colleagues OF THE KGB!

By the way, conditions for the surveys were completely natural - in the sense that planet the Earth it was not necessary to strongly make up in order to become the planet Of plyuk - in Karakumy in the daytime the temperature rises to +80°S-+90°S - to work, it goes without saying, impossibly therefore film crew left on area in 6 mornings, but nearer to noon it returned to the hotel.

"in Karakumy it cannot be worked at noon, certain harmful electromagnetic radiation there occurs at this time. Everything calmed down in the desert by two hours, but we did not know and worked... - it recalls Daneliya. - desert to us was necessary in the virgin form, without everyone it was trace people and machines ".

Actor Yuri Yakovlev, who played one of the main roles, in film says that when Daneliya showed it scenario, he understood nothing. But not this was importantly. "me greatly it was desirable to be removed in Danelii. In any quality. However it me removed - backwards, by front, by side, through the head, through one additional place... To me simply this was terribly interestingly ". To Leonov, to chatlaninu, for that simply it was not necessary to be removed, as feared its partner Yuri Yakovlev, backwards - for this even it was necessary to improve the suit: Daneliya unearthed on the dump "piece some of marvellous cloth" and "it stuck on zh... To Leonov ". Furthermore, for actor it was necessary to pull on to the head of gul'fik, obtained By daneliyey in the fight with the scorpions on the same slop-container.

Georgiy daneliya took not one excellent film, his work "I step through Moscow" and "autumnal Marathon" - the incomparable cult Moscow cinema, to the "gentlemen of success" and to madly popular "Afone", which in its time assembled enormous cashbox, director places "five". "mimino" not at all it descended from the movie screens, and then it moved to the television. Yes, by the way, Daneliya adores the Georgian fault stamp "mimino".
The Georgian fault stamp??

I hope Ruscico hurries it up with their promised edition of Kin-Dza-Dza. That film really needs a proper release, and Ruscico is probably about as proper as it can hope for.

mogwai

#74 Post by mogwai » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:59 pm

Didn't see this posted here yet -- it looks like Terrence Malick and Colin Farrell are teaming up again for a film titled Tree of Life. Pre-production begins in January. Malick's on a by god roll.

solaris72

#75 Post by solaris72 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:06 pm

And I've heard Tree of Life will have a $145,000,000 budget! The budget of The New World was $30,000,000...imagine what Malick could do with nine figures...