Bandidas (Joachim Rønning & Espen Sandberg, 2006)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
pzman84

Bandidas (Joachim Rønning & Espen Sandberg, 2006)

#1 Post by pzman84 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:19 pm

Trailer

It is in French. Is it just me or does this seem like a remake of Malle's Viva María!? It could just be me.

Fletch F. Fletch

#2 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:24 am

pzman84 wrote:It is in French. Is it just me or does this seem like a remake of Malle's Viva María!? It could just be me.
Either that or Bad Girls... :wink:

Polybius

#3 Post by Polybius » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:39 am

Exactly the two films that occured to me when I saw the stills for this. Hopefully more the former than the latter.

In any case (putting on my crass hat) they both look truly spectacular (no tubby pseudo-sex symbol Drew Barrymore here) in the gear.

Alas, that's about all I have to say at this juncture...

Fletch F. Fletch

#4 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:16 pm

I find it kinda odd that Fox buried this film, dumping it unceremoniously onto DVD here in North America, especially when they could've cashed in on all the good press Penelope Cruz has been getting with Volver. Not to mention this film pushes all the cliche buttons of a multiplex popcorn crowd pleaser.

Not to mention trotting out the usual clichés: the ornery horse, the bickering heroes (including the obligatory catfight), the despicable villain dressed in black, a mangy yet lovable dog sidekick and plenty of slapstick that is predictably broad and downright silly in nature.

Altho, I'm sure horny fan boys will be pissed as Cruz and Salma Hayek only flash cleavage with the only nudity courtesy of Steve Zahn (looks like he's been working out).