It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm 

His girlfriend didn't do a personality change. It's called acting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:57 pm 

RIP Film wrote:
It also resolves itself in a really rushed way, there wasn't much of a third act. Still a decent flick, but structurally it felt a bit loose.

It feels a bit rushed, especially (actually) in the third act that feels too much cliché, as if Peele HAD TO do a typical horror-type portion in its movie. But I still feel that the movie has way more to offer than this, and what precedes this rushed third act still is, to me, tremendous in every way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:08 pm 
Dot Com Dom

I thought this was just okay, a well-made small-scale horror movie with some intelligent insights into a hot-button topic (though not, I'd argue, as many as its cadre of rapid fans claim), but also more than a little silly and nonsensical in its mechanics and specifics. I 100% support the film getting in for Best Picture, though, since no film even remotely like this has ever made it in

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:47 pm 

domino harvey wrote:
I thought this was just okay, a well-made small-scale horror movie with some intelligent insights into a hot-button topic (though not, I'd argue, as many as its cadre of rapid fans claim), but also more than a little silly and nonsensical in its mechanics and specifics. I 100% support the film getting in for Best Picture, though, since no film even remotely like this has ever made it in

Peele, unlike a lot of directors seems to be quite aware of the highlighted. That's something at least. That isn't a critique of your critique, just something I wish more people knew. Peele is very aware of how silly some of the film is.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 pm 
Dot Com Dom

I don't doubt it. The film is an unpretentious genre flick with an added dimension that hit a nerve, and good for Peele