Prometheus (Ridley Scott, 2012)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
jbeall

Re: Prometheus (Ridley Scott, 2012)

#226 Post by jbeall » Sat May 25, 2013 9:39 pm

And if you think Prometheus has a shitty script, just wait 'til you see the new Star Trek flick. Why sure, it makes perfect sense that ten minutes after a terrorist attack, starfleet regulations would mandate that all the higher-ups gather in an exposed room with plenty of windows and no apparent guard presence. And the one (half-)Vulcan in the room has no objection to this fact.

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#227 Post by jindianajonz » Sun May 26, 2013 12:29 am

jbeall wrote:And if you think Prometheus has a shitty script, just wait 'til you see the new Star Trek flick. Why sure, it makes perfect sense that ten minutes after a terrorist attack, starfleet regulations would mandate that all the higher-ups gather in an exposed room with plenty of windows and no apparent guard presence. And the one (half-)Vulcan in the room has no objection to this fact.
To be fair, I doubt anyone in the future would bother watching Godfather III, so they couldn't have known any better.

matrixschmatrix

#228 Post by matrixschmatrix » Sun May 26, 2013 1:36 pm

I don't know why we're discussing this in the Prometheus thread, but it's actually pretty fitting that Starfleet at that point is absolutely terrible at military strategy- it's a plot point that Robocop needed an outside thinker to come up with much of anything.

jbeall

#229 Post by jbeall » Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Eh, 'cause I wanted to gripe about Lindelof's godawful writing without starting a dedicated Star Trek thread. There were about three gigantic howlers even before the scene I just referenced, though (using cold fusion to put out a volcano????). But now this thread can sink back into obscurity.