The Turin Horse (Bela Tarr, 2011)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
aox

Re: The Turin Horse (Bela Tarr, 2011)

#176 Post by aox » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Any thoughts as to why this blu-ray is so expensive? Does it mean that it might go out of print? I'd like to pick up a copy.

lefeufollet

#177 Post by lefeufollet » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm

aox wrote:Any thoughts as to why this blu-ray is so expensive? Does it mean that it might go out of print? I'd like to pick up a copy.
I don't think it's going out of print any time soon. Cinema Guild discs are rarely discounted through Amazon. If you can wait, the best option is the 50%-off Cyber Week sale on CG's website.

I've been on the fence recently about waiting 'til November to pick up Museum Hours.

aox

#178 Post by aox » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:09 pm

lefeufollet wrote:
aox wrote:Any thoughts as to why this blu-ray is so expensive? Does it mean that it might go out of print? I'd like to pick up a copy.
I don't think it's going out of print any time soon. Cinema Guild discs are rarely discounted through Amazon. If you can wait, the best option is the 50%-off Cyber Week sale on CG's website.

I've been on the fence recently about waiting 'til November to pick up Museum Hours.
Is November their 50% off sale or is there another one soon?

zedz

#179 Post by zedz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:17 pm

It's currently under $20 at DVD Planet.

Often those labels that Amazon rarely discounts are cheaper on other sites like this one and Deep Discount, and come down even further when they have a big site-wide sale.

EDIT: Though it also says "currently unavailable" so, fiddlesticks - though that might just be a case of them awaiting restock.

aox

#180 Post by aox » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:20 pm

zedz wrote:It's currently under $20 at DVD Planet.

Often those labels that Amazon rarely discounts are cheaper on other sites like this one and Deep Discount, and come down even further when they have a big site-wide sale.

EDIT: Though it also says "currently unavailable" so, fiddlesticks - though that might just be a case of them awaiting restock.
Regardless, thanks for checking.

cinemaguild

#181 Post by cinemaguild » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am

TARR BELA: I USED TO BE A FILMMAKER, a doc on Tarr, filmed during the making of THE TURIN HORSE, is now available on iTunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/tarr- ... d836847228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

L'enfer

#182 Post by L'enfer » Tue May 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi All,

I'm a new member to the forum and was not sure if it was appropriate for me to start a new thread or not so I came here. I watched The Turin Horse last night and I must say I loved it. It was my first Tarr film and I will be ordering his other works over the next few days and plan to watch the over the weekend.

I was wondering if you could suggest some films similar to The Turin Horse. I'm aware that it's quite a unique cinematic experience but I'll happily watch anything of merit.

Please feel free too send me a message.

Kind Regards,

L'enfer