Discuss films and filmmakers of the 20th century (and even a little of the 19th century). Threads may contain spoilers.
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:07 pm
- Location: the emerald empire
Are the films he directed really that bad? Is there nothing redeemable about them?
- Posts: 10344
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:24 pm
I've only seen Tough Guys Don't Dance and can remember hardly anything about it except that it was indeed tooth-achingly bad to the point of camp. i.e. probably worth tracking down.
- Posts: 2635
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:55 am
How about Sontag's films?
- Posts: 1501
- Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:57 pm
- Location: Rollin' down Highway 41
It's tangential, but I would really like to see a remake of The Naked and the Dead.
The story is too close to The Thin Red Line for that to happen anytime soon, I would venture to say.
Fletch F. Fletch
- Big fan of the former president
- Posts: 2311
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:54 pm
- Location: Provo, Utah
the Super Happy Fun site have just reported that they now have two Mailer films available, Maidstone and Beyond the Law.