It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:23 pm 

That curse being old age.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:35 pm 

Hah, reminds me of what Garry Shandling said to Seinfeld in Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, when the two discuss getting older and Robin Williams dying:

And Wolf Blitzer says, 'Sixty-three is so young,' and then I looked up with a little hope because I’m the same age as Robin. And then I realized '63 is so young' is a phrase you never hear relative to anything but death. 'Sixty-three is so young to be playing in the NFL'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 am 

colinr0380 wrote:
his surprisingly memorable little supporting turn in Predator 2.
His out and out glee at seeing himself on TV ("Hey, look at me! I look great!") always makes me laugh.

I can't say enough about One False Move. His role and the whole story arc of how the characters are entwined are both just so true and spot on. It's one of those movies that I've made it a point to recommend to people who I think might open to it over the years (even more than I usually would in that situation.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:17 pm 

jorencain wrote:
I hope this isn't the beginning of an "Alien" curse. First John Hurt, now Bill Paxton. Fingers crossed that the cast of "Alien 3" are all in good health!

Well there's Brian Glover...I mean, Pete Postlethwaite...um....
Polybius wrote:
I can't say enough about One False Move. His role and the whole story arc of how the characters are entwined are both just so true and spot on. It's one of those movies that I've made it a point to recommend to people who I think might open to it over the years (even more than I usually would in that situation.)

It's an excellent performance and its part of that fantastic move that the film is doing away from identifying with the world of the criminals so much and into the maybe naive small-town excitement with crime and punishment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:29 pm 

jorencain wrote:
I hope this isn't the beginning of an "Alien" curse. First John Hurt, now Bill Paxton. Fingers crossed that the cast of "Alien 3" are all in good health!

I think it's more like a "human being curse" wherein most of them die between the age of 60 and 90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:45 pm 

60 is the new 30, so really it's like they died decades before their time.