Discuss films and filmmakers of the 20th century (and even a little of the 19th century). Threads may contain spoilers.
- Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:22 pm
- Location: Heard about Pittsburgh PA?
- Under Chris' Protection
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 4:43 pm
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
One of the most naturally funny people to ever live.
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:59 pm
His scene in "Modern Romance" is a classic.
- Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:30 am
- Location: Philadelphia via Chicago
Fucking loved that guy as a kid, and was glad to see him get some recognition later in life for Curb, where most seem to know him.
- Site Admin
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:45 pm
- Location: Washington
Oh my God, Super Dave. His cameo on Arrested Development as the surrogate was brilliant too.
- Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:31 pm
- Location: Indiana
Good stand-in for Clint Eastwood in Ocean's Thirteen
- Life is one big kevyip
- Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
If people don't already know, Bob's brother is Albert Einstein (i.e. Albert Brooks).
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:43 pm
- Location: Chicagoland
The episode of Gilbert Gottfried's podcast that Bob Einstein appeared on has been re-released on the podcast's iTunes feed.
- Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:57 pm
- Location: Rollin' down Highway 41
I've always loved people who are willing to play straight man for someone else to work off of and he was one of the very best at it, especially with Larry David. The way Funkhouser's anger and annoyance at Larry would always do a slow, steady build was sublime.
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:22 am
- Location: NYC
Seinfeld posted a tribute to Einstein
created from outtakes and footage shot for his two appearances on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
, and he tells the same joke in one of the shots. It's hilarious to see him just be himself. The best part is when he talks about the moment of his father's death, and Seinfeld (in all seriousness and without thinking about it), stops Einstein to check and see if the café noise was a problem for the sound crew. Naturally, Einstein wasn't going to let that slide.