So, I found 300 lost films...

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
furbicide

Re: So, I found 300 lost films...

#26 Post by furbicide » Sat May 14, 2016 11:33 pm

Google pointed me in this direction. Don't know how up to date it is:

http://www.arsenal-berlin.de/en/living- ... o-gad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Studio Gad" is a collaborative project by Nadja Korinth, Katharina von Schroeder, Sara Gubara and the Entuziazm association about the private film archive of Sudanese filmmaker Gadalla Gubara, who died in 2008. The project is named after the studio founded by him in 1974 as the first film studio in Sudan – Studio Gad.

Gadalla Gubara was one of the first directors to start working in the Sudan of the time, now North Sudan, and was productive for longest. Since the 1950s to his death in 2008, he shot feature films, news reports, educational and family films. They form a large part of the Sudan’s cinematographical legacy.

After his death, the film rolls were stored privately and threatened with decay. Nadja Korinth and Katharina von Schroeder met and interviewed Gadalla Gubara in Khartoum in 2007. Since his death in 2008, they have been working with his daughter Sara Gubara to preserve the archive. As part of the "The Film Holdings of Gadalla Gubara" project, a large part of the archival holdings was able to be digitized in 2013.