MoviePass and Other Cinema Subscription Services

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
Toland's Mitchell

Re: MoviePass and Other Cinema Subscription Services

#551 Post by Toland's Mitchell » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:47 am

I got the email yesterday. The email and the articles are very vague about how it will work, not even saying what the monthly cost and movie limit will be. I was a MoviePass defender and stayed on the ship until sank in Sept 2019. Immediately afterward, I got a premiere membership at my favorite local chain, and I'm happy with it although I've rarely gone to any other theaters in the last two years and eleven months. I kind of miss that, but I'm not signing back up for MP without more info (and even if it sounds nice, it could still be a hard sell).

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#552 Post by Drucker » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:49 am

Is everything in place to ensure they don't scam people out of tickets and availability again?

cdnchris
Site Admin

#553 Post by cdnchris » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:03 pm

If you have the option with your credit card and want to at least want to try the service out, you could use a virtual card number when signing up, where your issuer generates a number specific to the company you're entering your information for. Then you can just cancel that number when things go to hell again. I know Capital One offers it and I'm sure others do as well.