(Alexander Singer, 1964)
Release date: 18 February 2019
Limited Blu-ray Edition (World Blu-ray premiere)
Patricia Neal (fresh from her 1963 award-winning role in Martin Ritt’s Hud) stars as a woman suffering from hysterical blindness, and a blank in her memory which may hide the cause of her affliction. When she and her sex-addict husband (Curt Jurgens – The Enemy Below, The Spy Who Loved Me) move in with her younger sister (Samantha Eggar – The Collector, The Brood), she begins to piece together the events leading to her psychological trauma.
Ahead of its time in its discussion and depiction of all manner of taboo subjects (rape, child abuse, nymphomania, psycho-sexual disorder, masochism), Psyche 5 is one of British cinema’s most daring and provocative adult dramas.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• The BEHP Interview with Walter Lassally (1988): an archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the renowned cinematographer in conversation with Roy Fowler
• Interview with Samantha Eggar (2019): the award-winning actor recalls her work on the film in this new and exclusive interview
• Richard Combs on ‘Psyche 59’ (2019): a new appreciation by the renowned critic, lecturer and broadcaster
• Theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Josephine Botting, an overview of contemporary critical responses, archival articles, and film credits
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
• All extras subject to change
BBFC cert: TBC
Discuss Blu-rays released by Indicator and the films on them.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:20 pm
- Location: Worthing