On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

Ashirg

Re: On Ordering Indicator Releases

#701 Post by Ashirg » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:09 pm

A number of Powerhouse horror releases are available from Deep Discount with buy 3 save 15% coupon - they just shipped my Mexico Macabre -
https://www.deepdiscount.com/horror-sal ... Powerhouse

Dr Amicus

#702 Post by Dr Amicus » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:46 am

As per the latest newsletter / email - flash sale later this month (7th anniversary!) and pH points will no longer be issued as of today, redeemable (now from 100) until Jan 1 next year.

EDIT: Just logged on to see how many points I had remaining and saw 0. I'm pretty sure that's wrong - hopefully just a blip as they were switching the Get-New-Points recorder switched off...

rapta

#703 Post by rapta » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:27 am

Also worth noting the first Powerhouse Films website exclusive title is The Man Who Had Power Over Women, despite the title being Region A/B. I wonder if that's a move to steer more sales their direction, or to avoid a rights clash with a US distributor (and taking advantage of not having to region lock, contractually-speaking)?

Seems like an obscure title to choose as an exclusive, but hey ho.

I'm sure this will become more common in 2024, especially if they're ditching pH points (i.e. they'll need a reason for people to order direct from them). A shame though as quite often it comes down to price for a lot of collectors, and might actually have the opposite effect (I notice someone already grumbled about having to pay nearly £20 for an obscure blind-buy, after postage is taken into account). I would continue to order direct if there were more frequent discounts (e.g. 10% or 20% off) and it wasn't confined to the bundle system (increasingly often I want one or two titles, but not all of them).
Dr Amicus wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:46 am
As per the latest newsletter / email - flash sale later this month (7th anniversary!) and pH points will no longer be issued as of today, redeemable (now from 100) until Jan 1 next year.

EDIT: Just logged on to see how many points I had remaining and saw 0. I'm pretty sure that's wrong - hopefully just a blip as they were switching the Get-New-Points recorder switched off...
Hmm, I apparently have 505 now so enough for £5 off. Will either use it in the upcoming sale (not much I want though) or a pre-order for an upcoming title (looking at either the site-exclusive Krish title, or might wait 'til November/December for the next announcements). Points will expire on 1st January 2024 apparently...

TMDaines

#704 Post by TMDaines » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:45 am

I can't work out how to see how many I have.

Edit: Nevermind, it was behind the cookies banner.

Paul Moran

#705 Post by Paul Moran » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:48 am

Bad news about the death of Powerhouse points! I have 2093 points - from 3 box sets and 41 BDs in the period Oct 2022-Aug 2023 - so I'll have to take another look at the 3 for £20 section. If all else fails, I don't have 3 of the 6 newly-added titles: Birdy, The Triple Echo and Twentieth Century. :)

soundchaser
Leave Her to Beaver

#706 Post by soundchaser » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:56 am

Don’t suppose anyone in the US is up for a group buy of the Krish? I’d like that and Love Me Tonight, but the postage is making it an unappealing proposition.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#707 Post by swo17 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:10 am

soundchaser wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:56 am
Don’t suppose anyone in the US is up for a group buy of the Krish? I’d like that and Love Me Tonight, but the postage is making it an unappealing proposition.
I'll definitely be ordering a copy before the end of the year when points expire. I'd be happy to add titles to my order to accommodate anyone in the U.S. who doesn't want enough on their own to eliminate the shipping charge. Actually, the more people that are interested, the sooner I could place an order

What A Disgrace

#708 Post by What A Disgrace » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:14 am

I have enough points to pay for shipping the three new items. I promised not to buy any more 'questionable' releases from Indicator, but I can't say no to John Krish or a weird Frankenheimer movie, and Jinnah is a one-day purchase however you slice it.

Maltic

#709 Post by Maltic » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:31 am

I've bought a ton from Indicator directly over the years, but never got around to registering as a user and thereby collecting points. Didn't seem worth it at first when I added up the numbers. I wonder what I've lost there. Oh well.

Arrow's points scheme have saved me shipping costs here and there.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#710 Post by swo17 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:04 pm

Looks like I'm definitely doing a group buy. PM me if you want in. Cost will be the price in USD listed on Indicator's site plus whatever it costs me to ship a package to you via Media Mail. Titles won't ship until at least January. I'll place an order by the end of the year at the latest, but if I get enough interest to reach the free shipping threshold earlier, I'll post that here, and then leave the group buy open for just a little while longer before placing the order.
Maltic wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:31 am
I've bought a ton from Indicator directly over the years, but never got around to registering as a user and thereby collecting points. Didn't seem worth it at first when I added up the numbers. I wonder what I've lost there.
If you were regularly taking advantage of the BUNDLE offers, then not much

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#711 Post by Drucker » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:40 pm

If I place an order above the free shipping threshold, and then use my points dropping it below $200, do I lose free shipping?? :x :x :x

reaky

#712 Post by reaky » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:59 pm

Quick question: do Indicator generally accept the use of points during sales?

fdm

#713 Post by fdm » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:07 pm

Indicator does generally accept the use of points during sales. I just checked my last order and I used what I could then.

What they don't allow is more than one coupon, so a points coupon cannot be combined with the BUNDLE coupon. (Or as I found out early on, two points coupons cannot be used on the same order.)

reaky

#714 Post by reaky » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:21 pm

Ta - think I’ll be cashing in my points in the imminent sale, then.

Maltic

#715 Post by Maltic » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:35 pm

swo17 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:04 pm
Maltic wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:31 am
I've bought a ton from Indicator directly over the years, but never got around to registering as a user and thereby collecting points. Didn't seem worth it at first when I added up the numbers. I wonder what I've lost there.
If you were regularly taking advantage of the BUNDLE offers, then not much

Ha! I only just now see they have the BUNDLE option.

My MO I guess has been buying 5-10 items at every bi-annual sale... via the 3 for £15 deals + whatever LE's or boxsets I couldn't wait for.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#716 Post by swo17 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:06 pm

Drucker wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:40 pm
If I place an order above the free shipping threshold, and then use my points dropping it below $200, do I lose free shipping?? :x :x :x
Yes

therewillbeblus

#717 Post by therewillbeblus » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:20 pm

Question about the group buy: Can points be pooled together and applied collectively to a larger order, or can only one discount be applied per purchase? I would do the group buy but I have 25 pounds-worth I need to redeem. If I can pool that in, that would be awesome, but if not, I'll probably just use it up myself.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#718 Post by swo17 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:48 pm

I don't think I can use anyone's points but my own

geoffcowgill

#719 Post by geoffcowgill » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:17 am

The site is closed for maintenance, so the flash sale should be live very soon.

therewillbeblus

#720 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:38 am

The sale is live. Does anybody know if it makes sense for U.S. residents to convert currency to pounds, or if that's even an option? I know this usually saves $ on the actual conversation rate on other foreign sites

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#721 Post by domino harvey » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:51 am

I think they automatically convert now for US customers. Assuming your card doesn’t charge foreign transfer fees, there might be a small difference if you were to go that route but I can’t imagine it would be significant

willoneill

#722 Post by willoneill » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:00 am

So redeemed all the points I had (41 pounds worth) but I'm getting an error message when I try to enter the code they sent me at checkout. I've emailed them directly for a response, but in the meantime, has anyone ever encountered this?

therewillbeblus

#723 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am

willoneill wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:00 am
So redeemed all the points I had (41 pounds worth) but I'm getting an error message when I try to enter the code they sent me at checkout. I've emailed them directly for a response, but in the meantime, has anyone ever encountered this?
Did you happen to (accidentally or otherwise) get items that qualify for the "3 for £15" deal? The email that went out mentioned that if you benefit from this deal, they won't let you use your points at checkout... I'm deliberately avoiding it in order to get rid of my points. Pretty annoying asterisk if you can't choose to negate the deal for the points

brundlefly

#724 Post by brundlefly » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:28 am

therewillbeblus wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am
willoneill wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:00 am
Did you happen to (accidentally or otherwise) get items that qualify for the "3 for £15" deal? The email that went out mentioned that if you benefit from this deal, they won't let you use your points at checkout... I'm deliberately avoiding it in order to get rid of my points. Pretty annoying asterisk if you can't choose to negate the deal for the points
Wish I'd read more carefully, as I had three 3/15 items in my cart. But on checkout my points were applied, while the 3 for 15 discount was not.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#725 Post by swo17 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:39 am

They've never allowed multiple "discounts" in a single order, whether points or the BUNDLE or any offer