Arrow Video USA

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

TonyleStephanois

Re: Arrow Video USA

#126 Post by TonyleStephanois » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:32 am

ianungstad wrote:A rep for arrow has been posting some teases over on the bluray.com forums. July will have three titles; a giallo; a spaghetti western and a euro-crime film. Arrow USA has 4 boxsets in various stages of production. No Russ Meyer.
We have a giallo, a spaghetti western and a sorta-euro-crime in the works but not necessarily for July. 3 boxes currently in the works... :)

Indeed no RM :(

ianungstad

#127 Post by ianungstad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Will The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension be released in the USA or is it one of the handful of UK exclusive titles that you still have left?

Cash Flagg

#128 Post by Cash Flagg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:05 pm

For Gold List members who were wondering why they hadn't received anything yet:
Blu-ray.com member wrote:I contacted their U.S. distributor, MVD. They had the gold-list backers on "ship when complete" in their data entry system. Everything shipped yesterday once they realized that. I'm going to get my first package of my 10 year plan with them tomorrow!

zedz

#129 Post by zedz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Cash Flagg wrote:For Gold List members who were wondering why they hadn't received anything yet:
Blu-ray.com member wrote:I contacted their U.S. distributor, MVD. They had the gold-list backers on "ship when complete" in their data entry system. Everything shipped yesterday once they realized that. I'm going to get my first package of my 10 year plan with them tomorrow!
So if they hadn't caught that, we could have ended up with a couple of truckloads of product landing on our doorsteps in March 2025.

dwk

#130 Post by dwk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Arrow confirmed on facebook that they'll be releasing the Stray Cat Rock set in the US
Hey Tomomichi, this title won't receiving another UK re-release however you may be pleased to hear that the set will be released via Arrow Video USA at a later date (however an exact date is still to be confirmed.)

Telstar

#131 Post by Telstar » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:02 pm

dwk wrote:Arrow confirmed on facebook that they'll be releasing the Stray Cat Rock set in the US
Hey Tomomichi, this title won't receiving another UK re-release however you may be pleased to hear that the set will be released via Arrow Video USA at a later date (however an exact date is still to be confirmed.)
So I guess it's safe to sell off my UK import of this set?

Grand Wazoo

#132 Post by Grand Wazoo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:59 am

Via Facebook
***BLIND WOMAN'S CURSE US RELEASE DATE UPDATE***
Due to issues beyond our control we are having to push the release date of this title back however we do not presently have a revised date for this.

As soon as we have a new release date confirmed we will post another update so please do stay tuned for more news soon!
I was curious why it was not included in my first gold list package.

rspaight

#133 Post by rspaight » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:47 am

Hmmmmm. I got it as part of my "first ten titles" perk.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#134 Post by tenia » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:55 am

And screener discs have already been sent out (see DVD Beaver review). Strange.

effigy105

#135 Post by effigy105 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:50 pm

It is rather odd. I contributed at the ten-film level and received a copy of Blind Woman's Curse first thing. I still haven't taken the wrapping off so I guess I'll wait and see if there are any complaints. I have the UK disc anyway so this version hasn't found its final home. Maybe Arrow are counting the corrected colour-space of the US edition as a mistake? ;)

ianungstad

#136 Post by ianungstad » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:43 pm

I pre-ordered Mark of the Devil off Amazon.ca for about $30CAN. It's now been delayed 3 weeks with the following message posted to my account "Delivery Estimate: Friday, April 3, 2015 - Wednesday, April 8, 2015". Even the Amazon.ca listing now says "ships in 1 to 3 weeks". They also changed the Canadian MSRP. It's MSRP is now $50.40 and is "on sale" for $42.22

Total nonsense. I'm very disappointed with this "launch". I'm sure the problems are not at Arrow's level but with their US distributor MVD. Arrow should have done more research before signing any potential distribution partner. Sure; the MVD leaks of the June release slate was a nice treat for fans but all the other issues of late has been very negative.

med

#137 Post by med » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:01 am

Got my copy day of release from Amazon US. (I am located in the US.) Nor did I spend an absurd amount of money for it.

Adam X

#138 Post by Adam X » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:54 am

Arrow Video USA wrote:We apologize sincerely for keeping you in the dark while we sorted out the issue with Blind Woman's Curse! We were notified of a region coding and video standards error in the DVDs, and have been working to get the stock fixed for the now new release date of April 21st. For those of you who have received your copy of Blind Woman's Curse already, replacement DVDs will be shipping out to you today. If some of you have noticed it missing from your package of films already delivered (primarily Gold List members), you will be receiving a re-worked copy with the correct DVD as soon as it’s ready.

brendanjc

#139 Post by brendanjc » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:27 pm

I got my DVD replacement for my Indiegogo Blind Woman's Curse Iast week. Today, I also received a mysterious manila envelope inside another plastic mailer. There was a notice inside from USPS saying the manila package was undeliverable (it had no address on it at all). It contained another copy of Blind Woman's Curse and Mark of the Devil, which I had originally received weeks ago. Seems like it got shipped without being addressed? Pretty strange, I've never run into that before.

Anthony Thorne

#140 Post by Anthony Thorne » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:44 am

Good news! Wave 6 of our postcards will be making their way into releases in the UK and US in around a months time and this is what they look like!

Eagle-eyed fans - if you look closely at this you may be able to spot 3 cards for unannounced upcoming titles - care to guess what they could be?

Anthony Thorne

#141 Post by Anthony Thorne » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:47 am

The Volonte title looks like this one linked below - a welcome choice. I've no idea yet what the Sergio Martino (at right, above) or unknown imagery (at far left, above) might suggest - although there's at least one poster for Martino's MANNAJA: A MAN CALLED BLADE that credits the director in the same white-on-black font, and in the same spot, as the card teased by Arrow.

http://www.ivid.it/fotogallery/imagesea ... g_cgcn.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TMDaines

#142 Post by TMDaines » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:16 am

Which would be very interesting as I believe it would be a world first DVD and/or Blu-ray!

Ribs

#143 Post by Ribs » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Here's an unexpected development; Arrow Academy is coming to the US, and all four of this month's new titles (not the Allens, obviously) are multi-region!

Cronenfly

#144 Post by Cronenfly » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Will Indiegogo subscribers receive the Academy titles as well, or is this considered a new entity and thus not a part of the original pledge/subscription?

I doubt I'm the only one for whom the Academy titles are going to prove of more interest on the whole than the Arrow Video slate, so even if the Academy titles are not part of the deal it might be nice if there could be some flexibility/potential to substitute in selections from Academy in lieu of Video titles. Of course, if there are going to be a lot of UK ports (Three Brothers, Yoshida, and Rivette seem pretty much confirmed already), this is less of an issue for me personally, but some wiggle room on Arrow's part would be much appreciated.

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#145 Post by jindianajonz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:18 pm

I just heard through Facebook that Indiegogo subscribers will not be receiving the Arrow Academy line.

Ribs

#146 Post by Ribs » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:39 pm

As they shouldn't, as they fairly clearly said as much when asked about this possibility during the campaign. There's a light amount to which I think this is immoral (in that they are still likely using the same distribution chain that they gained access to through the help of the campaign) but I don't think Arrow should be expected to stunt their growth just to specially accommodate fifty-odd people who were early investors.

(Plus they didn't recieve the Harryhausen documentary as it was billed as not an Arrow Video release but instead from Arrow Films)

Cronenfly

#147 Post by Cronenfly » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Wasn't aware that this possibility came up during the original campaign, but I am certainly not too surprised or at all offended that the Academy line is not included (especially since the Indiegogo page only ever made explicit reference to Video titles being included in the offer).

Was asking less out of simple greed than the fact that I am sure many of those subscribers (including myself) would much prefer Ludwig or Story of Sin, say, than multiple copies of Driller Killer and Bride of Re-Animator. But I also imagine that such substitutions would be too big a headache to accommodate, so I see no reason to press the issue. At least we got Dr. Jekyll and Miss Osbourne and La Grande Bouffe (Academy in the UK, Video in the US).

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#148 Post by swo17 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Arrow now has a website for its US release arm and you can get 15% off your first purchase from it during the next 3 weeks

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#149 Post by Drucker » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 pm

I just got a pop up on the new site, asking if I'd like a push notification if there are changes to stock on items in my wishlist. Maybe this means automatic low-stock alert pushes, which would rule.