Where's My Arrow Order?

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

Charles

Where's My Arrow Order?

#1 Post by Charles » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm

I love Arrow, and lord knows I love me a good sale. But when two weeks can pass following the notice of shipment, and a package of five titles is still floating around out there "somewhere", I've got to wonder if I need to forgo the deep sales and stick to Amazon UK for the peace of mind and the assurance that they'll bend over fucking backwards if something does go amiss. If, God forbid, I never got a shipment, who's going to believe me saying that? It would be a total loss. Amazon shipments get here in one week, period, these days, and both of my direct orders from Arrow to date have been wonderful once I've got the product in hand, but frickin' nightmares between the time I click "submit" and whenever that magical moment of arrival finally gets here.

Charles

Re: Arrow Films

#2 Post by Charles » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:52 pm

I know I'm spoiled by the almost constant use of domestic tracking these days, and, in my experience, its ever-increasing reliability. Is tracking from the UK even available, at a cost that an ordinary 99-percenter could find affordable? (Excuse my ignorance.)

markymark

#3 Post by markymark » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Charles wrote:I know I'm spoiled by the almost constant use of domestic tracking these days, and, in my experience, its ever-increasing reliability. Is tracking from the UK even available, at a cost that an ordinary 99-percenter could find affordable? (Excuse my ignorance.)

I've never had tracking options when ordering from Arrow nor from Amazon.uk.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#4 Post by swo17 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 pm

I received my order from the flash sale about a week ago. I'd maybe give it another week and then email someone at Arrow if you still haven't received your package. There's no need to be paranoid about it.

markymark

Re: Where's My Arrow Order?

#5 Post by markymark » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 am

Out of curiosity, how much did you two order from the last flash sale? I've had my flix for more than a week now, but I always order over £50 to get the free international shipping. I never really thought about whether than might speed things up or slow them down, but I do tend to receive my orders in a little over a week.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#6 Post by swo17 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:10 am

I also ordered a little over £50 worth.

Lowry_Sam

#7 Post by Lowry_Sam » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:12 am

If it's any consolation, i also haven't received my order despite receiving my confirmation some time ago. But I also haven't received half of an Amazon UK order that I placed a few days before my Arrow order. Things seem to be slower from the UK (once again).

Charles

#8 Post by Charles » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 am

My order was five titles for £49.95, placed on March 6th, just a couple of hours into the sale. Notice of complete shipment was sent the next day, March 7th.

And btw, I didn't even know about the free shipping at £50.00. If there was a notice about it staring me in the face, I completely missed it.

Emak-Bakia

#9 Post by Emak-Bakia » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:33 am

For me, all shipments from the UK seem to consistently take two week to arrive in Pittsburgh. I considered myself lucky when my order from the Arrow flash sale arrived this past Monday, 10 days after dispatch. I didn't consider myself so lucky when I noticed that my copy of Knightriders was missing from the package, but I just sent a quick email to Arrow and they agreed to send out a replacement, no questions asked. They didn't even threaten to send someone over to slap me around and search my home to make sure I was hiding a copy somewhere. They just believed me, because Arrow's cool like that.

In short, I think swo's advice of waiting another week is wise.

markymark

#10 Post by markymark » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Charles wrote:And btw, I didn't even know about the free shipping at £50.00. If there was a notice about it staring me in the face, I completely missed it.
They don't do a great job of sharing that information. I'm not sure I've ever even come across it on their site. If you have that much in your cart though, you'll notice that the shipping charges go away. I think I've seen it mentioned in newsletters or Twitter or something too. It's also been mentioned in the Official Arrow Thread at blu-ray.com's site. One of those secret handshake type things I guess. But now you're in the know \:D/

Lowry_Sam

#11 Post by Lowry_Sam » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:07 pm

I only noticed about the free shipping deal after I placed my order (March 8 for L49.95 total), so I emailed c/s if I could add something to make it over L50 & get the free shipping. To my surprise, I actually got a response (over the weekend/March 9) & they said to just add the difference (£2) by Paypal, which I did. But I never received a confirmation that my order shipped, so maybe my order got stuck in limbo after being held to add an item.

Looks like 1/2 my (February 23) Amazon UK order got "lost" in shipping. The first 1/2 of my order was schedule to arrive March 12, but never arrived. The second half of the order was schedule to arrive March 19, but arrived March 21.

Update: I heard back from Arrow & they said that the sale was overwhelming & some items sold out & therefore order has been delayed.

Charles

#12 Post by Charles » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Emak-Bakia wrote:For me, all shipments from the UK seem to consistently take two week to arrive in Pittsburgh...

In short, I think swo's advice of waiting another week is wise.
Thank you for posting that about Pittsburgh. I'm in Western Connecticut, and guess what -- the shipment arrived TODAY, complete, with everything in perfect condition. I should be embedding the "Hallelujah Chorus" into this post. Yee-haw! Drinks are on me.

I do love Arrow... I do, I do...

longstone

#13 Post by longstone » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:10 am

Hi has anyone recieved their copy of Branded to Kill yet when pre-ordered direct from Arrow ,I notice that Amazon UK claim to have it in stock for prime delivery but I haven't had mine from Arrow or an email saying it's despatched. I'm in the UK and it's the first time I've ordered direct with the label , just wondered how they usually work . I ordered weeks if not months ago so thought I might get it for release date . thanks

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#14 Post by tenia » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:02 am

longstone wrote:Hi has anyone recieved their copy of Branded to Kill yet when pre-ordered direct from Arrow ,I notice that Amazon UK claim to have it in stock for prime delivery but I haven't had mine from Arrow or an email saying it's despatched. I'm in the UK and it's the first time I've ordered direct with the label , just wondered how they usually work . I ordered weeks if not months ago so thought I might get it for release date . thanks
For Branded to Kill, it seems Arrow didn't get their stock early and their shipments are thus impacted by this.

It is usually shipped about 2 weeks prior to release date, but it can happen that it's not the case (though it's more the exception than the rule). But overall, if you want to get their titles earlier than release date, I would say the majority of them are sent 2 weeks prior to release date.

longstone

#15 Post by longstone » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 am

tenia wrote:
longstone wrote:Hi has anyone recieved their copy of Branded to Kill yet when pre-ordered direct from Arrow ,I notice that Amazon UK claim to have it in stock for prime delivery but I haven't had mine from Arrow or an email saying it's despatched. I'm in the UK and it's the first time I've ordered direct with the label , just wondered how they usually work . I ordered weeks if not months ago so thought I might get it for release date . thanks
For Branded to Kill, it seems Arrow didn't get their stock early and their shipments are thus impacted by this.

It is usually shipped about 2 weeks prior to release date, but it can happen that it's not the case (though it's more the exception than the rule). But overall, if you want to get their titles earlier than release date, I would say the majority of them are sent 2 weeks prior to release date.
okay , thanks for the answer , they have had some great titles recently so I thought I'd order directly and let them have the extra pennies rather than Amazon , it'll be worth the wait I'm sure

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#16 Post by tenia » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:21 am

longstone wrote:okay , thanks for the answer , they have had some great titles recently so I thought I'd order directly and let them have the extra pennies rather than Amazon , it'll be worth the wait I'm sure
It should be worth it, and again, should remain an exception. I remember receiving Knightriders as early as 4 weeks before the release date.

chatterjees

#17 Post by chatterjees » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:22 pm

I guess this is the right thread to find an answer. So, is Kidnapped (Rabid Dogs) Blu-ray gonna be released in near future? I totally lost track of it. I placed my order when it was first announced. Problem is that early this year, Arrow redesigned their website and made it more customer friendly. As a result, I can see all my orders placed this year in my account, but not the order containing Rabid Dogs. I can't even find my original order confirmation email. I just know that they got my money when I placed the order (that's what they usually do). Any suggestion, guys? What should I do to track the order? Thanks.

vsski

#18 Post by vsski » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:58 pm

chatterjees wrote:So, is Kidnapped (Rabid Dogs) Blu-ray gonna be released in near future?
I ordered the title during their most recent sale and a few weeks ago received an e-mail with the following info:
We’ve gone quiet on this one because behind-the-scenes we were following up some interesting leads for original material that we couldn’t resist chasing and unfortunately it was not fruitful – sadly more evidence it just doesn’t seem to exist. Work is continuing on the RABID DOGS master as previously updated but it’s a difficult project and we hope you will bear with us.
We’ve set a target of 13th October for this one and we hope it’ll plain sailing from here on.
In the meantime, if you have any queries about your order please contact our team at: orders@arrowfiilms.co.uk who will be able to assist you.

chatterjees

#19 Post by chatterjees » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks a lot, I will shoot an email soon. I wonder why I never received this email.

charal

#20 Post by charal » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:42 am

I thought my Boro box set would ship today - being the release date - but an email reply to my query stated that no specific time can be advised and Arrow are hoping to ship the box sets out this week. Is this the usual practice with preorders?

What's the longest time anyone's waited between the release date and shipment? (I'm an international address btw).

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#21 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:06 am

In case anyone is in the remotest part interested the box arrived today in France unscathed and oozing loveliness.

charal

#22 Post by charal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:00 am

We're you a kickstarter or a regular preorder? Also what carrier was used? DHL?

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#23 Post by tenia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:14 am

Mine is in transportation through Amazon.co.uk to France, with my specific request for "secure protection in packaging". I'll let people know if it arrived fine.

charal

#24 Post by charal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:23 am

What I want to know is if anyone else preordered the box directly from Arrow and if so has it shipped? If so were you emailed with a tracking number? I asked why the box sets were taking longer and was told they are being sent from a different location with a trackable carrier. But I'm still in the dark today.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#25 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:43 am

charal wrote:We're you a kickstarter or a regular preorder? Also what carrier was used? DHL?
Kickstarter and although Arrow were kind enough to waive the extra postal charges I could have done without the hassle of trying to get my address change information through to them. They would not accept any correspondence regarding shipping via their Facebook page and referred me back to the 'project creator' which was the kickstarter page where the link didn't work. Anyway all's well that ends well.
Incidentally my paranoia had led me to do a belt and braces back up with an order via Amazon placed in early June with the price at around £75. This was cancelled by Amazon three days ago despite being accepted as 'Pre-ordered' So hope other people fared better.

In answr to the last part of your question.It was sent to be signed for by regular post but i was not advised of details beforehand