Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

#1 Post by swo17 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Can this be a thread? They have at least a dozen titles that I want to buy right now. Tell me where to buy them.

EddieLarkin

Re: Arrow: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Dea

#2 Post by EddieLarkin » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:28 pm

They often have good deals going on at the sale page on their webstore.

House of Usher is still up from the Halloween sale they did.

tojoed

#3 Post by tojoed » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 pm

This is really only of use to UK members, but I've seen all the recent Arrow Blus, and indeed bought them, in Fopp for £10. Excepting The Fury which was £12. These are better prices than any I've seen on-line.

manicsounds

#4 Post by manicsounds » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:11 pm

"Wild Geese" BD is £6.99 at Zavvior 10p cheaper at base.com

"Cat O Nine Tails" DF is £7.99 at zavvi

"Miracle in Milan" DF is £6.99 at zavvi or 10p cheaper at base.com

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#5 Post by tenia » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:28 pm

tojoed wrote:This is really only of use to UK members, but I've seen all the recent Arrow Blus, and indeed bought them, in Fopp for £10. Excepting The Fury which was £12. These are better prices than any I've seen on-line.
Yes, Fopp usually have extremely attractive prices on Arrow releases, even the latest ones. I bought a lot from them for between £6 to £8 apiece.

Ged Parsons

#6 Post by Ged Parsons » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:49 am

There are a couple of pretty good bargain prices at Play.com for Arrow Dual Format releases ...

Volker Schlöndorff 's 'The Tin Drum' is £6.98 (cheapest on Find DVD is £7.99 at Zavvi)

Vittorio De Sica's 'Bicycle Thieves' is £5.99 (cheapest on Find DVD is £9.60 on eBay, £9.99 at Zavvi)

Forrest Taft

#7 Post by Forrest Taft » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Good prices on several Arrow releases on amazon these days: You can get both Maniac Cop and Bava's Bay of Blood for £6.25. Other titles going for that price are The Exterminator, Frankenhooker, Red Scorpion, and Fulci's City of the Living Dead. The Grace Jones vampire flick is £7.00.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#8 Post by swo17 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:57 pm

exidor wrote:Arrow have discounted a ton of relatively recent releases to around the £7.99-£8.99 mark. The redesign being what it is, they're not listed under special offers. You have to just trawl the main list looking for red prices.
Just what I've been waiting for! Remember that if you spend at least £50, worldwide shipping is free.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#9 Post by tenia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Just read this on the new Arrow webiste : "Payment for pre-order items will be collected now for despatch on the release date."

matrixschmatrix

#10 Post by matrixschmatrix » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm seeing

Black Sabbath
Blow Out (and Steelbook)
Django, Prepare a Coffin
Dressed to Kill
Foxy Brown (and Steelbook)
King of New York (and Steelbook)
Knightriders
Lady Snowblood 1 & 2 (and Steelbook)
Lifeforce
Runaway Train
Spider Baby
Squirm
The Car
The Fury
The Last American Virgin
The People Under the Stairs
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
The Wild Geese
Time Bandits (and Steelbook)
Who Dares Wins

As the sale prices. Anything I missed?

chatterjees

#11 Post by chatterjees » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:52 pm

I am feeling like committing suicide. I got 10 of these titles in last two months at non-sale prices from Arrow and Amazon. ](*,)
I wish I could have waited for this day. The only one title I could get now is King of New York, but I will wait. I hope Arrow does these type of sales on a regular basis, especially when they have become one of my favorite UK labels.

chatterjees

#12 Post by chatterjees » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:55 pm

tenia wrote:Just read this on the new Arrow webiste : "Payment for pre-order items will be collected now for despatch on the release date."
That's what they do. They already got my money for Rabid Dogs / Kidnapped. I am still not sure what to do about it.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#13 Post by tenia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:02 pm

chatterjees wrote:
tenia wrote:Just read this on the new Arrow webiste : "Payment for pre-order items will be collected now for despatch on the release date."
That's what they do. They already got my money for Rabid Dogs / Kidnapped. I am still not sure what to do about it.
I misread the disclaimer, I thought it was saying that now, they changed it and the payment would be collected at the despatch date. My bad.
For Rabid Dogs, I'm in the same situation than you (I've pre ordered in september...). I'll wait a bit and will then email Arrow about their plans on these pre-orders.
chatterjees wrote:I am feeling like committing suicide. I got 10 of these titles in last two months at non-sale prices from Arrow and Amazon. ](*,)
I wish I could have waited for this day. The only one title I could get now is King of New York, but I will wait. I hope Arrow does these type of sales on a regular basis, especially when they have become one of my favorite UK labels.
£14.99 for the TCM2 boxsets, yes, I feel a bit ripped off too, since I paid £19.99 thinking it couldn't go any lower.
Bah, too bad for us, good for Arrow. I'm quite happy already with their early birds discounts.

Props55

#14 Post by Props55 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 pm

I believe card charges are incurred immediately upon ordering or at least that seems to be the case with U.S. customers.

When I preordered THE LONG GOODBYE from the Arrow site I received immediate notification from a company called WorldPay. ("Your transaction has been processed by WorldPay on behalf of Arrow Film Distributors") I never received a confirmation notice from Arrow and when I went to their site two weeks later to cruise throught the specs on upcoming releases I checked my account page and discovered that there was no record of my order. By this time I had received my card statement with the charges (ArrowFilms.Co. UK) in dollars & pounds and I began to get a little uneasy. When I sent an email to gary@arrowfilms.co.uk and it was returned as undeliverable I began to get panicky.

I again emailed Arrow and got a prompt response from Laura Wilson who apologised for the situation and explained that their site was being updated and that the customer order history had to be temporarily disabled because it was "constantly showing the wrong information". She also assured me that my order had been received, confirmed as prepaid and was in the pipeling for December delivery. Others have subsequently posted with tales of difficulties at the site but as they more or less addressed the same problems I encountered I never bothered to comment. Their site now seems to be much improved although still somewhat clunky in some respects. My account information and order history are now updated and corrected.

Bottom line: your card will apparently be charged immediately upon ordering.

Minkin

#15 Post by Minkin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:05 pm

The sale has been extended to nearly all Arrow Video titles (except some limited editions/pre-orders/etc). Though I am disappointed to see Dressed to Kill had its price raised by a pound in the process of the extension!
But sheesh, why is the Dollar so awful right now against the Pound?

Anyone know how long this sale is going on for?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#16 Post by swo17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Is the only difference between the limited and regular editions of Lisa and the Devil and Black Sunday the reversible cover art/slipcase?

Minkin

#17 Post by Minkin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:25 pm

swo17 wrote:Is the only difference between the limited and regular editions of Lisa and the Devil and Black Sunday the reversible cover art/slipcase?
Yep! It doesn't even come with a poster (like those old slipcases used to) - so you're paying extra just for the box and 2 additional cover options.

TIVOLI

#18 Post by TIVOLI » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 pm

I know that I could E-mail Arrow for answers to these questions, but it sounds like I can get a quicker response from knowledgeable posters here:
If my order is 50+ pounds, is free shipping to the U.S. applied automatically?
If it is a mix of in-stock and pre-order items, are they shipped as available or as a single shipment?
Thanks in advance.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#19 Post by swo17 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:40 pm

You'll have the option to select a shipping option. If you have more than £50 in your cart, one of these options will be for free shipping.

matrixschmatrix

#20 Post by matrixschmatrix » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:54 am

Since we don't seem to have a "Where's my Arrow?" thread- I placed an order on the 9th, and it's still sitting at the warehouse. Has anyone else had that problem?

EddieLarkin

Re: Arrow Films

#21 Post by EddieLarkin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:36 pm

chatterjees

#22 Post by chatterjees » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Website is out of order. They are working on it though. :(

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#23 Post by swo17 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Here's a flash sale page. The sale prices aren't shown yet, but presumably these are the titles that will be discounted.

EddieLarkin

#24 Post by EddieLarkin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Sort of glad it doesn't include any of the newer titles (i.e., the only titles I need), because I really don't have cash to spare at the moment.

Charles

#25 Post by Charles » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:14 pm

I was browsing the list with no problem, then right after the start of the sale, the web site was hosed.