Manoel de Oliveira on DVD

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Cremildo

Re: Manoel de Oliveira on DVD

#176 Post by Cremildo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:13 am

Does any Portuguese forum member know if this great-looking boxset can be acquired from another website? The Portuguese Fnac doesn't deliver overseas. Unfortunately, after doing a Google search twice, I came to the conclusion that the box is a Fnac exclusive, but I hope I'm wrong.

Is it too much to dream with a Manoel de Oliveira Eclipse set? His most admired films are unavailable in the US, the UK and Brazil.

furbicide

#177 Post by furbicide » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:58 pm

I don't know if anything's changed, but I'm based in Australia and managed to get the Ruiz 'Raridades' box set from the Portuguese FNAC website last year – all I needed to do was to write '000000000' in the NIF box (a Spanish/Portuguese thing that requires customers to enter a citizenship number).

Cremildo

#178 Post by Cremildo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:58 am

Thanks, I'll try that.

Edit: it works. The site does ship overseas after all. But the box set is down to one unit.

Stefan Andersson

#179 Post by Stefan Andersson » Fri May 25, 2018 4:53 pm

A new book in French about Oliveira:
https://www.critikat.com/dvd-livres/liv ... -oliveira/

Scroll down to page bottom for live links to other writings about Oliveira on the Critikat site.