Patrick Bokanowski on DVD at last

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
NABOB OF NOWHERE

Patrick Bokanowski on DVD at last

#1 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 am

Fans of Les Freres Quay and Le Grand Svank should check out L'Ange and Short Films finally on DVD courtesy of British Animation Awards DVD shop.
http://www.britishanimationawards.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gropius

Re: Patrick Bokanowski on dvd..at last

#2 Post by Gropius » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:36 am

If the picture quality's any good - and maybe even if it's not - these are highly significant releases.

L'Ange is one of the great unseen films of the 80s.

NilbogSavant

#3 Post by NilbogSavant » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:38 am

These have already been available on the Re:Voir label, right? Anyway, Bokanowski is my favorite experimental animator and L'Ange is masterpiece. This looks like a cheaper and easier route to go than Re:Voir. Thanks for the heads up.

Gropius

#4 Post by Gropius » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:18 pm

NilbogSavant wrote:These have already been available on the Re:Voir label, right?
On VHS - I believe the proprietor of Re:Voir is in the minority position of considering VHS to be a superior format to DVD.

zedz

Re: Patrick Bokanowski on DVD at last

#5 Post by zedz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Somebody pointed these releases out several months back (maybe it was just a PM?) and then I forgot about them, so thanks a bunch for posting this. Ordered! L'Ange is a film I've wanted to see for a long time, and a couple of stills should get other mouths a-watering.