It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:09 am 

L.A. wrote:
Hopefully I can post this here...

Is Umbrella's Blu-ray of Black Robe (1991) possibly still available, or is it OOP?

As far as I know with their website, Out of Stock = Out of Stock, not Out of Print. But you'd be better off contact them directly if you want a definite answer.

Last edited by Adam Grikepelis on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:54 am 

The Devil's Playground (1976) was recently released in Australia on Blu Ray.

Same special features as the DVD. Picture quality is better but not significantly so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:04 pm 

Aunt Peg wrote:
The Devil's Playground (1976) was recently released in Australia on Blu Ray.

Same special features as the DVD. Picture quality is better but not significantly so.

Do you know if it has English SDH, the DVD didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:53 pm 

The back of the case states: 2.0 English DTS-HD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:13 am 

Has anyone used Artfilms as a supplier? They have both Australian and UK websites here and here respectively, depending on which country you're based in, and whether you wish to pay in pounds or Australian dollars. Their Australian section contains several pretty obscure films on DVD which I don't believe are otherwise commercially available and some I didn't think I'd ever get a chance to see short of a visit to an Australian archive. They aren't cheap, though: starting from £25 for personal use (plus VAT), more than that for school/academic use. They airmail from Australia, which gets round the fact that almost all of these titles have never been BBFC-certificated.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:48 pm 

Picked up 'Blood for Dracula' today for AUD $11 - https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd ... ray/698386

Haven't watched it yet, but it comes with a commentary, production stills and screen tests. It states that it's 1080i and region B. The bluray case is in a slipcase, like other discs in the Cinema Cult series. I'll report back on how it looks on screen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:18 pm 
"Without obsession, life is nothing"

I've been searching the web high and low for Oz-ploitation Volume 2 with frankly disappointing results... It's the only one I'm missing from the 4 volumes released so far... Does anyone know where can I get one, even though it seems to be out of stock in every nook and cranny I desperately look in?

If anyone would like to sell an used copy, hey! - be my guest! Just PM me!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:19 am 

The Charles Chauvel Collection was released by Umbrella on 4 November, and my copy arrived yesterday, along with the Blu-ray of Jedda.

The Collection brings together DVDs of all seven of Chauvel's sound features, which had been separately released on DVD in 2014 and 2015 plus an additional disc containing his two silent films, The Moth of Moonbi and Greenhide (both 1926), or rather what remains of them, 31 and 34 minutes respectively. Jedda was also released on Blu-ray, following its recent restoration, and is still available in that format.

I've only glanced at each disc and haven't watched any of the features yet, but reviews will be forthcoming at The Digital Fix, most likely starting in December. So a few comments.

All the DVDs are Region 0 NTSC, and the Jedda Blu-ray is Region ABC.

Aspect ratios are 1.33:1 (obviously correct*). Oddly, the Jedda DVD and the silents' disc are 1.33:1 anamorphically-enhanced while the other discs are non-anamorphic. The transfers are variable at first glance, probably reflecting the state of the original materials. The two silents are presented mute, no music score.

Extras include the 74-minute documentary on Chauvel, The Big Picture, which is included on all the discs. Also included are trailers and stills galleries in some cases. The trailer for Jedda is in black and white, despite the film being the first Australian feature made in colour. The Jedda Blu-ray has two additional extras not on the DVD, both possibly confusingly called "Screen Tests" - mute screen tests for Jedda and the 1937 short film Screen Tests which Chauvel co-directed, filming the Australian scenes.

*Jedda was released in 1955, premiering at Cannes, though there was a print available in the UK in November 1954, as the BBFC passed it (A certificate with cuts) in that month. However, it started production in 1952 so Academy Ratio would be correct.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:02 pm 

The exclusive pre-order allocation of Umbrella's Tom Savini/George A Romero Night of the Living Dead dual edition is selling quickly at JB HiFi online.

Anyone who missed the announcement a earlier this month, the master of the 1990 film from Sony differs from the edition put out by Twilight Time. There's brand new & existing extras to look forward to & some marvellous new artwork. The 1990 edition is getting a solo general release should this only be of interest, but the limited edition has got to be the one to snap up.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/horror/night-of-the-living-dead-limited-edition/889426/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 pm 

Hey Stephen, do you have a link to that announcement?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:52 pm 

I am only interested in the 1968 film, but I guess it will be the same transfer as the already released Umbrella BD.

Last edited by perkizitore on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:59 pm 

Adam Grikepelis wrote:
Hey Stephen, do you have a link to that announcement?

Sure,

Scroll to the 14th and 15th Feb: https://www.facebook.com/UmbrellaEnt

Lots of discussion from the production team & the emerging news here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=273605

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:11 pm 

Umbrella release this little beauty next week too:

http://www.umbrellaent.com.au/movies/2491-night-of-the-creeps.html

Extras:
Commentary with writer/director Fred Dekker
Commentary with cast
The Making of Creeps
Tom Atkins Man of Action
Fred Dekker interview (NEW)
Deleted scenes
Original Theatrical ending
Original Theatrical trailer
Trivia track

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 pm 

perkizitore wrote:
I am only interested in the 1968 film, but I guess it will be the same transfer as the already released Umbrella BD.

Yes, that's right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:54 pm 

Thanks for that

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:03 am 

Another JB Hi-Fi exclusive which I'm interested in is Journey to the Far Side of the Sun (1969). Special edition including two cuts of the film.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:03 pm 

L.A. wrote:
Another JB Hi-Fi exclusive which I'm interested in is Journey to the Far Side of the Sun (1969). Special edition including two cuts of the film.

Don't get too excited.
The long unseen UK version of the movie has a different title and that seems to be it but the quality of the print is so poor compared to the regular version on the disc it's unlikely you'll ever watch it all the way through.

But it's still the best disc of the movie in the world and the PDF extras from Fanderson also make for very interesting reading

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:02 am 

The Blu-ray of Roadgames (from a 4K restoration) has gone back three weeks to 27 July. I'd preordered it directly from Umbrella and they're going to send me a "randomly-selected Blu-ray" with my order as compensation for the delay.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:30 am 

Nice gesture from them for just a 3 weeks delay.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 pm 

Umbrella Entertainment posted this on Facebook:

Umbrella Entertainment wrote:
We are excited to announce that RAZORBACK will be coming to Blu-ray on February 7th, loaded with hours worth of extra content!

SPECIAL FEATURES

- Audio Commentary with Director Russell Mulcahy and Shayne Armstrong

- Audio Interview With Actor Gregory Harrison

- JAWS ON TROTTERS: Featuring interviews With Director Russell Mulcahy, Producer Hal McElroy, Razorback Creator Bob McCarron, Composer Iva Davies And Cast Judy Morris and Chris Haywood.

- Interviews with Cast and Crew by Mark Hartley From "Not Quite Hollywood"

- Grisly Deleted Scenes with option audio commentary

- RAZORBACK: THE VHS CUT

- Theatrical Trailer

- VHS Trailer

- A CERTAIN PIGGISH NATURE: Looking Back at Razorback

- Image Gallery

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66