It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:54 am 

Eolomea (Herrmann Zschoche, 1972) was released on Blu-ray last month. I understand it has English subs but can anyone confirm is this true?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:22 pm 

L.A. wrote:
Eolomea (Herrmann Zschoche, 1972) was released on Blu-ray last month. I understand it has English subs but can anyone confirm is this true?

I wouldn't expect the BR to feature English subtitles. As far as I can see, none of the German web ressources is mentioning any subtitles, and Icestorm is not known for adding subtitles of any kind to their discs. And I also can't remember any subtitles on the German Icestorm DVD which leads me to the conclusion that the English review, which can be found on the website you've linked to, most likely refers to a different DVD, maybe to an old First Run edition from 2005.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:36 pm 

L.A. wrote:

Oh dear, I shouldn't have raised my head here. I read on a bit, came across Icestorm's new homepage and had to read here that the Blu Ray would really include English subtitles. Well then, I haven't seen the disc and I won't do it in the nearest future.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:08 pm 

Paul Petit wrote:
L.A. wrote:

Oh dear, I shouldn't have raised my head here. I read on a bit, came across Icestorm's new homepage and had to read here that the Blu Ray would really include English subtitles. Well then, I haven't seen the disc and I won't do it in the nearest future.

Since the site promised "Untertitel: Englisch", took the gamble and ordered it. Received the disc and checked; the feature film has EN subs but unfortunately not the interviews (including one from the director).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9