Slovak Cinema DVD/Blu-ray

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
TMDaines

Re: Slovak Cinema DVD/Blu-ray

#76 Post by TMDaines » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Klapka.se is the best place to order these? And what else should I order? These was previously a line of DVDs too right?

admira

#77 Post by admira » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 am

http://www.klapka.sk/klapka/produkty/blu-ray/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

admira

#78 Post by admira » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:58 am

http://www.klapka.sk/sk/produkty/blu-ra ... ilm-2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

L.A.

#79 Post by L.A. » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:11 am

From Facebook:
Slovak Film Institute wrote:To remember Viktor Kubal and to promote Slovak film heritage, Slovak Film Institute prepares a special 3 disks edition consisting of Brigand Jurko, The Bloody Lady, and a selection of 13 maestro's short films including a mid-length The Marzipan Comedy (1987) on DVD and blu-ray. The special edition is to be issued in summer 2017.

MichaelB

#80 Post by MichaelB » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:19 am

Excellent news - I was very impressed with the SFI's presentation standards on the Blu-rays I've seen thus far - which I think is everything except Signum Laudis.

admira

#81 Post by admira » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:02 am

http://www.terry-posters.com/serie/103- ... dvd?page=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kalimagdorafan

#82 Post by kalimagdorafan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm looking for the German audio of "Die süße Zeit mit Kalimagdora", aka "Sladky cas Kalimagdory" or "The Sweet Time Of Kalimagdora".

I know there is a Slovakian DVD, but it only comes with Slovakian audio. Since the film was a Slovakian-German coproduction there is original German audio, but it's not on the disc. I assume this is because the people who released the Slovakian DVD don't hold the rights to the German audio, otherwise, why would they not include it? Now the problem is that there is no German DVD release and it seems the original German production company has long closed its doors.

I have already spoken to several film archives in Germany and I actually found one that has an archival copy on 35mm film of the movie - in German. However it's an archival copy only so they won't ever use it to publicly show the film and they also can't give me the audio, not even for private use, since they don't own the rights.

Does anyone know how I can ever get the German audio? Or even find out who owns the rights to it?