Arrow Films

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

Adam X

Re: Arrow Films

#826 Post by Adam X » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:33 am

It's easy to forget home video's becoming a niche interest, with years like this.
Thankyou Arrow. Beautiful news.

EddieLarkin

#827 Post by EddieLarkin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:28 pm

MichaelB wrote:Arrow's Video Deck blog has begun a series of weekly posts under the self-explanatory heading 'Meet the Team', starting with Director of Catalogue Distribution Francesco Simeoni - the man most directly responsible for the across-the-board improvement in standards over the last two or three years.
New entries:

Marc Foley-Comer
Louise Buckler
Anthony Nield
Michael Brooke
Last edited by EddieLarkin on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#828 Post by swo17 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:38 pm

I never realized before that antnield was on the Arrow team. If it wasn't already clear, this label is really proving itself to be the Traveling Wilburys of the home video market. (I don't know if that comes across as a compliment, but I mean it as one!)

antnield

#829 Post by antnield » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:27 pm

Final Meet the Team entry:

James White

Jgh8xxx

#830 Post by Jgh8xxx » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Do we think Thieves Like Us could possibly be an Arrow Academy title? I'm concerned that I'm going to pick up the new Kino Classics Bluray only to have Arrow announce it plus bells and whistles and have my dreams be crushed. I hate double dipping!

EddieLarkin

#831 Post by EddieLarkin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#832 Post by Drucker » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 am

They've announced October, are there more to come today? Or in a few weeks time?

EddieLarkin

#833 Post by EddieLarkin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:38 am

They've said from now on they'll do monthly announcements à la Criterion. Though they're announcing a lot closer to release than Criterion do. I suppose that helps with the delays everyone has been complaining about.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#834 Post by Drucker » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 am

Thanks, their Twitter feed is hard to read with all the re-tweeting they do!

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#835 Post by tenia » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:45 am

EddieLarkin wrote:They've said from now on they'll do monthly announcements à la Criterion. Though they're announcing a lot closer to release than Criterion do. I suppose that helps with the delays everyone has been complaining about.
Eureka / MoC just switched too to a monthly announcement system, so it has indeed most likely something to do with avoiding all these delays.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#836 Post by Drucker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:58 am

From Facebook:
***Sleepless Arrow Video Release Update***

Due to some sudden complications with rights we have unfortunately had to delete this title with immediate effect. The DVD has now been removed from sale from our website and other retailers and will now be classed as Out of Print.

If you are after a copy of the DVD we would suggest that you try and acquire one as quickly as you can before the price increase too much

Kauno

#837 Post by Kauno » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:05 am

Just wanted to check how much Reward Points I have currently, but I can't access my Arrow account. Says No match for E-Mail Address. Has this happened to others recently?

doc mccoy

#838 Post by doc mccoy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:03 pm

I see Arrow is putting out La Piovra season 1 in October, along with Gomorrah - great choices!

Anthony Thorne

#839 Post by Anthony Thorne » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Arrow's Limited Edition of NEKROMANTIK is out November 24th. We'll have to wait to find out what's limited about it as they haven't officially announced it yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NHVC05W/?tag=bluraycom-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

colinr0380

#840 Post by colinr0380 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Let's hope its not like the limited edition of The Final Member!

Ashirg

#841 Post by Ashirg » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Drafthouse Films not sold out of their Limited Edition for some reason... (of The Final Member)

Ashirg

#842 Post by Ashirg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:30 pm

doc mccoy wrote:I see Arrow is putting out La Piovra season 1 in October, along with Gomorrah - great choices!
I don't get why Luca Zingaretti is listed on the cover of La Piovra. Unless they start with a prequel which is La Piovra 8

colinr0380

#843 Post by colinr0380 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:52 am

That probably is what they are doing, which is probably going to lead to some confusion! I wouldn't be surprised if, despite the "Series 1" tag, this is the only series that they put out, as presumably Luca Zingaretti's name is what got a DVD release off the ground in the first place (He's had a surge in name recognition in the UK after his starring role in the Inspector Montalbano series, which BBC4 has regularly aired in its Saturday night 'subtitled Euro crime' slot following on from The Killing and Wallander)

EddieLarkin

#844 Post by EddieLarkin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:38 pm

As per Facebook, November announcements are tomorrow at 10am BST. We already know about Nekromantik, whilst Corman's The Raven is also confirmed in a picture clue posted by Arrow.

EddieLarkin

#845 Post by EddieLarkin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:12 am

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by EddieLarkin on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minkin

#846 Post by Minkin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:37 am

Is it safe to say that Nekromantik will be reissued after the 3,000 units sell out (probably just without the soundtrack CD) -(which it will most likely do before release date)? Or will this be like Hellgate/Frogtown?

Also, the other four Price films will still get individual releases? (hopefully the "boxset exclusive content" will still make it onto the individual releases? I hate it when companies release things, then put out a box to force double dips on the people who'd already been buying the stuff all along). In general, all of these "Limited editions" are making me lose interest in Arrow - since I find it a pain to keep track of them and scrounge for a copy in the gamble between it selling out before street date. At least Arrow have re-released things, though typically with less content.

EddieLarkin

#847 Post by EddieLarkin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:42 am

Re the Price films:
Arrow wrote:We kept the RRP low as we know some might want to double dip. But this is only a short run (Limited to 2000) for those who don't have them. Individual amarays will be released next year so you can complete your Corman/Price/Poe collection then. With so many titles it's not economical or sensible for us to do the boxed set AND the individuals at the same time, not with such a short pre-order window, if it were like Borowczyk, which was on pre-order for many months, we would have done the same as that. Hope that makes sense!

TonyleStephanois

#848 Post by TonyleStephanois » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:44 am

Minkin wrote:Is it safe to say that Nekromantik will be reissued after the 3,000 units sell out (probably just without the soundtrack CD) -(which it will most likely do before release date)? Or will this be like Hellgate/Frogtown?
It will indeed be re-issued. The Limited Edition exclusive elements will be, the OST, packaging, artwork and extensive booklet (which will be cut down in the follow on version).
Minkin wrote:Also, the other four Price films will still get individual releases? (hopefully the "boxset exclusive content" will still make it onto the individual releases? I hate it when companies release things, then put out a box to force double dips on the people who'd already been buying the stuff all along). In general, all of these "Limited editions" are making me lose interest in Arrow - since I find it a pain to keep track of them and scrounge for a copy in the gamble between it selling out before street date. At least Arrow have re-released things, though typically with less content.
We kept the RRP low as we know some might want to double dip. But this is only a short run (Limited to 2000) for those who don't have them. Individual amarays will be released next year so you can complete your Corman/Price/Poe collection then. With so many titles it's not economical or sensible for us to do the boxed set AND the individuals at the same time, not with such a short pre-order window, if it were like Borowczyk, which was on pre-order for many months, we would have done the same as that. Hope that makes sense! The Limited Edition status is because we can't sensibly keep something like this in print forever, but if we were not to say Limited Edition and then let is disappear without notice that would cause much more upset. All the content on the discs will still be available in individual editions as mentioned. The book will have content which can't be re-pressed and this is for space reasons, there's no real way around that, not in the current marketplace.

EDIT: Thanks Eddie Larkin for sharing that.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#849 Post by tenia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:25 am

What is the exclusive content of the Corman/Price/Poe set ?

TonyleStephanois

#850 Post by TonyleStephanois » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34 am

tenia wrote:What is the exclusive content of the Corman/Price/Poe set ?
The book, of which the exclusive elements will be revealed very soon.