The Creeping Garden

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

Ribs

The Creeping Garden

#1 Post by Ribs » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:09 pm

A REAL-LIFE SCIENCE-FICTION MOVIE EXPLORING A WORLD CREEPING RIGHT BENEATH OUR FEET, WHERE TIME AND SPACE ARE MAGNIFIED AND INTELLIGENCE REDEFINED.
The Creeping Garden is an award-winning feature-length creative documentary exploring the extraordinary world of the plasmodial slime mould as revealed through the eyes of the fringe scientists, mycologists and artists who work with them.

Long overlooked by biologists, in recent years this curious organism has become the focus of much research in such areas as biological-inspired design, emergence theory, unconventional computing and robot engineering, much of which borders on the world of science fiction. The film transports us from the laboratory into its natural habitat, depicting these otherworldly lifeforms using startling time-lapse macro-cinematography to reveal hidden facets of the world around us.

Co-directed by the artist film-maker Tim Grabham (KanZeOn) and author and film critic Jasper Sharp, with an original soundtrack composed by celebrated musician and producer Jim O’Rourke (Sonic Youth, Grizzly Man), The Creeping Garden is a unique exploration into a hitherto untapped subject matter, immersing the viewer within the worlds of the observers and the observed.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
Original 2.0 audio (uncompressed on the Blu-ray)
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
Audio commentary by directors Tim Grabham and Jasper Sharp
Biocomputer Music, a short film by Grabham on the first biocomputer music system, allowing a two-way musical dialogue between man and slime mould
Return to the Fungarium, a featurette revealing further treasures of the fungarium at Kew Gardens
Feeding Habits of Physarum, a featurette on the feeding preferences and dislikes of slime moulds
Three cinema iloobia short films: Milk (2009), Rotten (2012) and Paramusical Ensemble (2015)
Angela Mele’s animated slime moulds
Gallery
US theatrical trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring two pieces of original artwork

THE CREEPING GARDEN SOUNDTRACK [Limited Edition Exclusive]

Bonus CD containing the rearranged soundtrack to The Creeping Garden by legendary producer and musician Jim O’Rourke

PLUS… FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet containing writing on the film by Jasper Sharp

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

Re: The Creeping Garden

#2 Post by Michael Kerpan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:19 pm

My wife and I saw this screened and found it quite interesting.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#3 Post by domino harvey » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Not familiar with this film at all but intrigued by the O'Rourke factor

PianoMan88

#4 Post by PianoMan88 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:20 am

Does anyone know if the Limited Edition (3-disc) is available through Arrow's main (UK) website? Or is it a special item only available in the US? I am quite confused about this release. Help is appreciated.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#5 Post by tenia » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:02 am

PianoMan88 wrote:Does anyone know if the Limited Edition (3-disc) is available through Arrow's main (UK) website? Or is it a special item only available in the US? I am quite confused about this release. Help is appreciated.
The first pressing all over the world is 3 disc (DF + CD) so if you buy it through the UK Arrow site, you'll get it.

Adam X

#6 Post by Adam X » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:22 pm